Preview Rnd 1 - Carlton vs Richmond Thursday 2nd April 7.20PM @ MCG - TEAM post #821

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, so here we are back again and TL15 is out of his six month hibernation......yes I realise technically that should be over winter not summer but I digress!

Memo to the MCG caterers, make sure that donut van outside is fully stocked.

We are going to learn a lot about this team tomorrow night. Good solid side selected and no excuses going into round 1. The Tigers deserve to be favourites but if we are to progress this season these matches should be won. Good balance in the team for me and plenty of guys that can play multiple roles.

Really looking forward to see what Jaksch has to offer on the big stage and the midfield featuring Murphy, Gibbs and Judd. Clem Smith will be sub and I reckon that Jones will chop out in the ruck.

Bring it on!!!!!!

Interesting to see Casboult named as an emergency. Who is going to ruck when Wood needs a rest? Cripps? :D

Expect Levi to come in as a late change. Smith may be the unlucky one

Interesting to see Casboult named as an emergency. Who is going to ruck when Wood needs a rest? Cripps? :D

Expect Levi to come in as a late change. Smith may be the unlucky one

Why would we replace Smith with Casboult?
If Cas was to come in, I dare say another tall would miss.

Last season, Carlton's opening half against Richmond was poor and uninspiring. Now if you believe the party line we were underdone for the opening games of the season. I'm convinced we're cherry ripe for a strong opening this year. Watch out Tigers!

I'm so confident I'll watch the game from home and let my daughter see her first live game since a certain MCG final in 2013:)

JaB is ticking the perform or don't get picked culture that is coming through for first time in how many years?:)

Casboult can get serious about his kicking and Jones can perform or the mighty seven headed Watto comes in. Watto kick 5 in VFL and force your way in fella.

Boekhurst can earn it...

Clem doesn't have the tank for 4Q of go hard style he plays - sub I think ...Tutt I think is prolly a bit unlucky - but Malthouse looks like wanted to go in as experienced a list of goers as possible. Doch needs to show us what he can do..

Great to see Jacksh and Cripps rewarded:thumbsu:

Last edited:
Good side. No excuses, and hopefully no passengers.

Blues by 3 after Riewoldt misses a sitter to lose the game

Why would we replace Smith with Casboult?
If Cas was to come in, I dare say another tall would miss.
I'm with you, if Cas was to come in, I would suggest that White might be the person to miss. If we need to we can swing Everett back or onto the wing and slow Cas into the forward line.

Good side. No excuses, and hopefully no passengers.

Blues by 3 after Riewoldt misses a sitter to lose the game
That happens I'll be defibrillating up the road at the Epworth......

I'm with you, if Cas was to come in, I would suggest that White might be the person to miss. If we need to we can swing Everett back or onto the wing and slow Cas into the forward line.

White would be so unlucky to miss out after the preseason he's had.
I don't think we'll make any changes.

JaB is ticking the perform or don't get picked culture that is coming through for first time in how many years?:)

Casboult can get serious about his kicking and Jones can perform or the mighty seven headed Watto comes in. Watto kick 5 in VFL and force your way in fella.

Boekhurst can earn it...

Clem doesn't have the tank for 4Q of go hard style he plays - sub I think ...Tutt I think is prolly a bit unlucky - but Malthouse looks like wanted to go in as experienced a list of goers as possible. Doch needs to show us what he can do..

Great to see Jacksh and Cripps rewarded:thumbsu:

Good post :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

White surely to start forward.

So who does relief ruck for Wood? I guess Rowe, with White moving back and Wood resting forward?

Smith sub for sure.

Is it just me, or is that side a bit slow of foot?

White surely to start forward.

So who does relief ruck for Wood? I guess Rowe, with White moving back and Wood resting forward?

Smith sub for sure.

Is it just me, or is that side a bit slow of foot?

Ahhh yes, forgot about Rowe...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back