Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were you at the Echuca game on the weekend OTB? We know your opinion on players running a distance from behind and getting involved in a fracas, but what about incidents involving coaching staff and spectators during the game?
Bomber you played tat and Echuca who do you see winning when they play this week and where do you see ky finishing this year .

Yes I was. Reluctant to comment as I unlike others on this forum didn't see what your referring to but in any case I don't condone the actions of the Echuca coach. No surgery, no king hit, no loss of income and no long term damage to the ky supporter who put his head in the Echuca coaches box and had a harsh word with an Echuca player who got hip and shouldered fairly by a ky player and was vomiting blood and the ky supporter having a crack at him while doing so. I was told but didn't see ( before people jump on me ) that the ky supporter had been asked to move away from the ECH coaches box before the incident in question happened because of his liking for a few frothies. Briggs will accept his medicine and buy the guy a new pair of underpants and a new shirt if it keeps the guy happy !!!

You didn't see it, but you still have a definite opinion about the incident overtheborder. Obviously opnions are now allowed on here?

Bomber you played tat and Echuca who do you see winning when they play this week and where do you see ky finishing this year .
Both teams have very good players, but also have young squads, it will be hard to pick. Both teams turned the ball over frequently when pressured. If I was to pick I'd say Tat. Ky played some good footy on the weekend but to be fair have played two teams that won't play finals, their first test will be Rochy in two weeks. I expect Ky to play finals, but the league seems to be fairly even this year with a lot of teams strengthening. By all reports Benalla are the team to beat but as we saw last year, they are yet to prove it on the biggest occasion. Great year ahead.

Both teams have very good players, but also have young squads, it will be hard to pick. Both teams turned the ball over frequently when pressured. If I was to pick I'd say Tat. Ky played some good footy on the weekend but to be fair have played two teams that won't play finals, their first test will be Rochy in two weeks. I expect Ky to play finals, but the league seems to be fairly even this year with a lot of teams strengthening. By all reports Benalla are the team to beat but as we saw last year, they are yet to prove it on the biggest occasion. Great year ahead.
Fair call wombat. Kyabram still have an extremely talented list with some old names plus Sherman and Burston. A mate of mne involved wih TAC sides tells me Burston was a gun at Port, 190cm wingman back then. Has the ruckman (Smith?) turned up? I expect them to do well. A gap between Benalla and the rest, but as you say anything can happen on the often wind swept Deakin Reserve GF day.

You didn't see it, but you still have a definite opinion about the incident overtheborder. Obviously opnions are now allowed on here?
Silver, silver, silver ... What I was told to which I declared, was not my opinion. It was what I was told. I stated my opinion which was I don't condone the actions of the coach. Stop pissing into the wind and trying to invent something. Slow down and read people's posts closely before getting on here and speaking crap. Now, that's my opinion.

Silver, silver, silver ... What I was told to which I declared, was not my opinion. It was what I was told. I stated my opinion which was I don't condone the actions of the coach. Stop pissing into the wind and trying to invent something. Slow down and read people's posts closely before getting on here and speaking crap. Now, that's my opinion.

OTB if you are the heart and soul of the Echuca footy club, and clearly you are an insider, your Club should despair. You have been rubbish since you sacked Hendo, and in the immediate future you shall remain rubbish. Well done.

Yes I was. Reluctant to comment as I unlike others on this forum didn't see what your referring to but in any case I don't condone the actions of the Echuca coach. No surgery, no king hit, no loss of income and no long term damage to the ky supporter who put his head in the Echuca coaches box and had a harsh word with an Echuca player who got hip and shouldered fairly by a ky player and was vomiting blood and the ky supporter having a crack at him while doing so. I was told but didn't see ( before people jump on me ) that the ky supporter had been asked to move away from the ECH coaches box before the incident in question happened because of his liking for a few frothies. Briggs will accept his medicine and buy the guy a new pair of underpants and a new shirt if it keeps the guy happy !!!
hahahahaha the 'Ky supporter' in question wasnt wearing underpants Im told... Few too many moonshines.

Word on the street is that Briggs was referred to kind of like John Kimble in Kindercarton cop the way he man handled the ky fan.....
ARE THESE ALL YOUR LUNCHES??

OTB if you are the heart and soul of the Echuca footy club, and clearly you are an insider, your Club should despair. You have been rubbish since you sacked Hendo, and in the immediate future you shall remain rubbish. Well done.
Since Hendo went we have played in and won as many grand finals as Rochy.....0....

Will there be a investigation launched by the league into the Briggs incident , I must say I am quite surprised it didn't make the front page of the Riv yesterday ?
No front page Roar. That's saved for violent acts that cause injury or court cases for inept league officials and their league who bully small country towns because light poles get in the way !!!

Since Hendo went we have played in and won as many grand finals as Rochy.....0....

OTB, being an outsider can I ask you why isn't Echuca FC more successful as the town is pretty big. I know there are other clubs around in different leagues but I would expect Echuca to be similar to Yarrawonga in the O&M. I keep an eye on the GV and see they are not going as well as I would expect. Why is this??

FYI - I have seen a bit of Hendo in the VFL and his a good coach who is well liked by the players. Do you think he will coach Echuca again??

Cheers

No front page Roar. That's saved for violent acts that cause injury or court cases for inept league officials and their league who bully small country towns because light poles get in the way !!!

league bullying small country towns???
Let me enlighten you a little.

First was it bullying that the league decided to rotate finals equally between all clubs?
Is it fair by doing so that the clubs meet conditions league set for holding that grand final?
Do you think that club would have got the grand final if it was still a selection process? Do you know how good some of the other grounds are in comparison?

Have you not seen that the same small country club now have govt funding to move the poles which needed to be moved if they wanted to hold finals in the future. Why? because of pressure applied by the league that it had to happen. That's how you have to play the game to win sometimes, hardball. Play govt departments at their own game. It's not safe Doesnt meet criteria stipulated we might get sued (all very valid reasons actually). By standing its ground it gave the club an extremely good case for funding didn't it?

Did you also not notice that the league by rotating the grand final that said small club also received funding for other upgrades that wasn't forthcoming beforehand?

That small club will hold the granny this year if all conditions as agreed upon are met which I'm sure they will be. I'm sure they will do a cracking job of hosting as well.

Inept league officials??? I don't think so!!

Inept to me is launching legal action and spending more money on legals than it ever would have cost to move the poles in the first place.

Oh and Yarroweyah hosted the granny another even smaller country club.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No front page Roar. That's saved for violent acts that cause injury or course cases for inept league officials and their league who bully small country towns because light poles get in the way !!!
Grabbing a supporter , as has been described in here , isn't violent ? I'd suggest there are two sides to both the stories you are referring to their OTB , although one has only ever been over dramatised in THE RIV . One of the matters you refer to got laughed out of court , from what others have said don't be surprised if the other sees the same and more egg on faces . You might to start considering that the only ones who are inept are the journalist who write trashy frivilous headlines ?

Last edited:

"reluctant to comment"

I WISH.

OTB, being an outsider can I ask you why isn't Echuca FC more successful as the town is pretty big. I know there are other clubs around in different leagues but I would expect Echuca to be similar to Yarrawonga in the O&M. I keep an eye on the GV and see they are not going as well as I would expect. Why is this??

FYI - I have seen a bit of Hendo in the VFL and his a good coach who is well liked by the players. Do you think he will coach Echuca again??

Cheers
Yarra's growing population increase has been mainly retirees although that is turning around now. Echuca/Moama is larger in population and feeds into a similar number of district sides. Echuca has managed to put up three teams in the U/14 competition and that is with Moama and United also fielding an U/14 side in the MFL. Oh how our local boys used to love running over any of those junior Echuca teams. A lot of talented kids came through that competition, where are they now?

Yarra's growing population increase has been mainly retirees although that is turning around now. Echuca/Moama is larger in population and feeds into a similar number of district sides. Echuca has managed to put up three teams in the U/14 competition and that is with Moama and United also fielding an U/14 side in the MFL. Oh how our local boys used to love running over any of those junior Echuca teams. A lot of talented kids came through that competition, where are they now?
The top ones from all those junior sides go on and play under 18's the others , who are often drawn out of other areas to play under 12's ., stop playing all together unfortunately and that is not in anyway intended to direct blame to echuca or anyone associated with the club . Unfortunately it is just how it is these days ,kids from a young age play with kids they go to school with in major cities .
On another note I notice a ex Echuca junior Clayton Oliver and two of his mooroopna teammates have made the vic country TAC squad . Very good effort for one club to have 3 players is such a elite squad .

Will there be a investigation launched by the league into the Briggs incident , I must say I am quite surprised it didn't make the front page of the Riv yesterday ?
hey just signed up due to i was there and know the ky surporter. echuca are lucky he hasnt put a complaint in or else they'd have no coach for a while. what was said happens every game on and off the feild. if you were gunna jump the fence everytime someone says something you'd be jumping the fence every 5min. And the part i find funny is how briggs is putting in a investagation into the beattie incident and also commenting in the riv how the echuca footy club dont candome that sort of sportman ship. go figure

hey just signed up due to i was there and know the ky surporter. echuca are lucky he hasnt put a complaint in or else they'd have no coach for a while. what was said happens every game on and off the feild. if you were gunna jump the fence everytime someone says something you'd be jumping the fence every 5min. And the part i find funny is how briggs is putting in a investagation into the beattie incident and also commenting in the riv how the echuca footy club dont candome that sort of sportman ship. go figure
Don't know Briggs by all reports is a fairly good bloke . I was genuinely interested if the league would investigate a incident which involved spectators as I would thought they are some what obligated . Whilst it does amaze me that it didn't make the front page as a indicent like the alleged one is normally right up their alley .

OTB can you confirm Echuca has provisionally hired a 135ft Knuckle Boom Lift/ Cherry Picker for 6 Saturday's in May/June so your Coach can address the players without entering the field of play post-investigation? ;-)

The top ones from all those junior sides go on and play under 18's the others , who are often drawn out of other areas to play under 12's ., stop playing all together unfortunately and that is not in anyway intended to direct blame to echuca or anyone associated with the club . Unfortunately it is just how it is these days ,kids from a young age play with kids they go to school with in major cities .
On another note I notice a ex Echuca junior Clayton Oliver and two of his mooroopna teammates have made the vic country TAC squad . Very good effort for one club to have 3 players is such a elite squad .

I was told Echuca Under 18's had up to 50 training in pre season and told up to 20 that they should try and find another club as too many to choose from. Might take a few more years but good base to work from to get some good senior players. There will also be plenty of handy ones from the other 20 at other clubs no doubt as well.

I was told Echuca Under 18's had up to 50 training in pre season and told up to 20 that they should try and find another club as too many to choose from. Might take a few more years but good base to work from to get some good senior players. There will also be plenty of handy ones from the other 20 at other clubs no doubt as well.
As a junior coach, I sat at a meeting of the junior league and asked if the clubs with too many players might consider allocating players on a rotational basis to meet at games for our club so that we could guarantee numbers from one week to the next - Echuca and Kyabram weren't interested. They preferred to hang on to players and have them miss out just in case their were injuries, absences etc. It was that mentality only a few years ago that could well be reaping the "benefits" for the game nowadays in terms of numbers not going on.

Yeah Tonny have got a handful of quality lads out of it, another bonus to it was the boys having Craig Sholl collect the balls from behind the goals for them at training last night!!, no doubt having him involved with the juniors will be great for their development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back