Opinion Commentary and media

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad was very strong in his defense of Drewies so called form lapse, also again vaguely hinted that trading draft picks could be on the agenda this year
Trading draft picks away or trading players away for more draft picks?

Means he thinks we need another couple of 32 year olds to complement the team structure. Go figure. Is it cold in here or is it just me. Someone close the efin window plz.

The best classified had to offer on North tonight was that 'Steve Johnson being sub snubbed the cats of a loss' which was of course chearlead by that flog hutchie:oops:

The best classified had to offer on North tonight was that 'Steve Johnson being sub snubbed the cats of a loss' which was of course chearlead by that flog hutchie:oops:
At the end there they had good call bad call for Tarrant is better down back. Said he played a super game with some vision of strong marks, Lyon said he wants to see him string some games together before he is classified elite.

Let's face it beating Geelong after Gold Coast nearly beating them isn't big news. If we beat hawthorn then we can start gaining momentum in the media.

At the end there they had good call bad call for Tarrant is better down back. Said he played a super game with some vision of strong marks, Lyon said he wants to see him string some games together before he is classified elite.

Let's face it beating Geelong after Gold Coast nearly beating them isn't big news. If we beat hawthorn then we can start gaining momentum in the media.
Wasn't expecting anything as yes it was an expected win. But not even a mention of goldy on talking footy or classified. What does this guy have to do to get some recognition he virtually won that game for us on sunday. If he was wearing an essendon jumper the media would be foaming over him.

Wasn't expecting anything as yes it was an expected win. But not even a mention of goldy on talking footy or classified. What does this guy have to do to get some recognition he virtually won that game for us on sunday. If he was wearing an essendon jumper the media would be foaming over him.
Robbo's all over him so we should see some love in the coming weeks, even if it's totally incoherent.

It's time to play the s**t journalist drinking game. This week's contestant - 12 year old blogger Ben Guthrie.

http://www.nmfc.com.au/news/2015-04-26/gritty-roos-stun-cats?camefrom=EMCL_611586_26608269

North Melbourne has taken a decisive step in getting its season back on track with a come-from-behind 16-point win over an undermanned Geelong at Simonds Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

Skol!

Despite a strong effort without key players Jimmy Bartel, Tom Lonergan, Mathew Stokes and Andrew Mackie, Geelong couldn’t stick with the Roos in a fierce last quarter.

Skol! Skol! Skol!

Good luck with that!!

Footy media are more fickle than proud Tiger supporters.

Geelong played a lot better vs North than their win vs the sloppy GC. Just like North played better last week vs Port than this week #standard differs on any given match day.

Media will no doubt be in mourning mode as their beloved Hawks will have a depleted line up next week: Their Norm Smith medalist is out (Lake #17) and the ex-bricklayers labourer from Adelaide 'burbs is hampered with a corky (Palopolo).

But we'll say they'll be bolstered by two premiership players Schoenmakers & Spangher.

Best to bring our A-game regardless.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't understand people's frustration that the media don't rate us. We haven't done anything!. Believe it or not the media probably will begin to talk us up when we start to win more consistently. Until such time I don't expect any recognition

I don't understand people's frustration that the media don't rate us. We haven't done anything!. Believe it or not the media probably will begin to talk us up when we start to win more consistently. Until such time I don't expect any recognition
At least get our names goddamn right. You don't need success for something so fundamental and basic for beings who aren't neanderthals in pants.

The development of the past 5 years 'offers a platform' for trades.

WTf that means....

I thought he was pretty clear in what he said. He said that we have not traded away any of our top 3 picks in the last 3 or 4 years and so our targeting of free agents has not affected our ability to draft players at the higher end of the draft. Because of this recent history of higher picks he said it may open up the option for us to look at trading a pick this year for an established player.

I thought he was pretty clear in what he said. He said that we have not traded away any of our top 3 picks in the last 3 or 4 years and so our targeting of free agents has not affected our ability to draft players at the higher end of the draft. Because of this recent history of higher picks he said it may open up the option for us to look at trading a pick this year for an established player.

I wondder what the Lions would take for Aish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back