Who is the most frustrating team to follow?

Remove this Banner Ad

Richmond by far, teased me all through the start of last season, picking them in my tipping cause people were saying they were the next best thing, then get off them and they go win 9 in a row lol.
Geelong are shaping up to look kind of the same, everyone will go quiet on them and they will probably start smacking everyone.

You are all Richmond's bitches for this thread

Game, set, match, been there, done that, bought the ******* tshirt it's us

Ever since that shag carpeting saleswoman from Darwin cursed us in 1982....

Western Bulldogs. Preliminary finals. That is all.
Yeah I was thinking and would still probably vote for Richmond, but I also totally get that.

Will never forget the sight of Rohan Smith lying on the ground and punching it with his fist after the final siren in a Preliminary Final that the Scraggers had looked home and hosed in. I think it might have been Adelaide getting over your boys en route to a flag.

A vivid memory and one player who I suspect a lot of football fans would not have begrudged playing in a premiership team. Of course, being a good bloke doesn't actually count as such when it comes to winning flags.

North Melbourne for me.

2014-
-Beat every single team in that made the top 8 but then lost to Gold Coast, Brisbane, Carlton.

-NARROW losses. North Melbourne dropped a record 10 games by under 16 points including six under 10.
-Lost 5 matches when leading by 30+ plus.

-First half of the season 4 wins 6 losses
-Second half of the season 10 wins 2 losses
-Too inconsistent including 6 matches leading by 24+ and losing.

you're right but they have squeezed so much from their list. I find them amazing, even if frustrating to watch given they always find a way to beat port.

At the moment it is bloody frustrating watching the eagles. If we are playing a good side we lose and the opposition coast a win before we get a couple of junk time goals flattering our performance. Then when we play shitters we annihilate them thus papering over the cracks in the side allowing the status quo to continue.

That and we seem to pull really good key position players out of everywhere but can't draft a single ******* midfielder with any talent.

Geelong.

85% winning record since 2007 has left me numb, I forgot how to feel good after a win. I even felt bad after some wins - like that 186 point massacre of Melbourne.

That will all change this year though, the win over GC felt great as victories will be rare this year.

Geelong.

85% winning record since 2007 has left me numb, I forgot how to feel good after a win. I even felt bad after some wins - like that 186 point massacre of Melbourne.

That will all change this year though, the win over GC felt great as victories will be rare this year.
This. There is nothing more frustrating than the transition from a champion team that wins every week to an average team that doesn't. Not looking forward to it.

Richmond aren't frustrating, they are just disappointing.
30+ years of mediocrity is so inbred into the clubs culture that even a very good coach (I think Hardwicke is fairly good coach with some sound ideas) and some class players (Cothin, Martin, Rance & Riewoldt to name a few) is not enough to lift them out of the sludge they have created for themselves. And that must be disappointing more than frustrating to all Richmond supporters.

Carlton are probably the most frustrating club, considering the number of #1 and top 10 draft picks they between 2005 and 2010 they should be a lot better than they have been over the last couple years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wife follows Norf, heartache after heartache from those fade outs. Mind you, my team ain't so great at the moment with an injury riddled season guaranteed before Rd1

should be a poll.

but really, anyone not metioning richmond has a short memery and only thinking of the last of couple years...

we have been s**t since 1982 and its a vicious cycle of being midtable.. just basically stuck in no where land and thats fustrating because history keeps repeating itself...

Dees fans have seen their team play in a granny in 2000 yet the media say Fridays win is good for football.
Noone has been put through the wringer like the Tiger Army.
Just makes you wonder how huge this club would be and why teams hunt us.
Apologies to Saints,Doggies fans.
At least the Doggies can see some light but how long will it flicker?
Saints at least have seen some grand finals in recent times.
Richmond by a few light years,get the most media pressure.

When we do win though I think they would have to be the most satisfying experience you could have as an Aussie Rules supporter. Because everyone has an invested interest. It rustles so many jimmies for the opposition it's very satisfying. Just think, we've got several trolls on this forum who still can't get over it.
I think the drawn Grand Final in 2010 had supporters on both sides on edge, for different reason I suppose. For Saints supporters it was how can we not go one better from last year. For Collingwood supporters it must have been here we go again with the Collywobbles.

Essendon.
About as fun as an unfinished blowjob.
Watch us lose to St. Kilda, then beat Fremantle in the west.

Thread needs MOAR BOMBERZZZ
Ok. I'll oblige.

Bombers gave me the irrits this year - ladder prediction comp at work had to be submitted the day before the tribunal decision so that provided some challenges. Though in fairness I got drunk finalising my ladder so the whole thing is all over the shop.

I think if I was a Bombers supporter, the ANZAC day results over the past decade would be getting up my nose.

Ok. I'll oblige.

Bombers gave me the irrits this year - ladder prediction comp at work had to be submitted the day before the tribunal decision so that provided some challenges. Though in fairness I got drunk finalising my ladder so the whole thing is all over the shop.

I think if I was a Bombers supporter, the ANZAC day results over the past decade would be getting up my nose.
we prefer injectables to inhalants generally

I would have thought Richmond given the resources available.

North, Buldogs, Saints, Melbourne don't have the following so can get away with an underdog tag.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back