Society/Culture Feminism part 1 - continued in part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stop discussing dopey football issues when the topic is about sexual violence.

You just said it's wrong to suggest a man not walk through an area where he might be threatened or bashed.

This is what Caroline said this week.

"That the AFL sends the away teams playing in Adelaide to a hotel behind Hindley Street among the pubs and the brothels is a perplexing move."

Please explain what she meant.

So I'm guessing you would like these park rapists and bashers to be educated that they're doing the wrong thing correct, assuming this is possible. Until then we should just keep walking through parks and if we get raped or bashed, well, them's the breaks?
I wouldn't advise anyone to walk through certain parks alone at night. Some parks would be fine. The point is, just because a person chooses to do so, doesn't mean they are asking to be assaulted or raped.

So I'm guessing you would like these park rapists and bashers to be educated that they're doing the wrong thing correct, assuming this is possible. Until then we should just keep walking through parks and if we get raped or bashed, well, them's the breaks?
Are you posting on my behalf in order to get yourself outraged at something?

I wouldn't advise anyone to walk through certain parks alone at night. Some parks would be fine. The point is, just because a person chooses to do so, doesn't mean they are asking to be assaulted or raped.

No the point is that advising someone not to do this is victim blaming apparently. Of course they aren't asking to be assaulted or raped, but the mere suggestion to avoid this sort of thing is out of line according to Kidd Vicious

Are you posting on my behalf in order to get yourself outraged at something?

Nah, just trying to get your thoughts straight on rape prevention that's all. You didn't exactly answer me either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Of course they aren't asking to be assaulted or raped, but the mere suggestion to avoid this sort of thing is out of line according to Kidd Vicious
Saying there are dodgy areas is fine.

There is a huge gulf between that, and saying a raped woman shouldnt have walked down there and is therefore sharing the blame.

Nah, just trying to get your thoughts straight on rape prevention that's all. You didn't exactly answer me either.
You didnt ask anything. You just basically projected my answer to a question I didnt ask,

Saying there are dodgy areas is fine.

There is a huge gulf between that, and saying a raped woman shouldnt have walked down there and is therefore sharing the blame.

Ok, so you can say "that's a dodgy area", but you can't say "that's a dodgy area, you shouldn't walk there at night"?

You didnt ask anything. You just basically projected my answer to a question I didnt ask,[/QUOTE]

Well either way you didn't respond to my point, which I presume is because you didn't have a good response.

Ok, so you can say "that's a dodgy area", but you can't say "that's a dodgy area, you shouldn't walk there at night"?
What does this have to do with sexual assault?

Well either way you didn't respond to my point, which I presume is because you didn't have a good response.
You didn't have a point, it was a rant.

Firstly, the evidence points to most rapes being committed by men known to the victim not in parks by strangers.

Rapists need to see the insides of jail cells for a long time. But there is absolutely a place for education, and that entails wiping out lots of the attitudes held by some in this thread.

What does this have to do with sexual assault?

Once again you avoid the question. And I didn't necessarily ask in the context2 of sexual assault, more the broader topic of safety. So, again, do you care to answer?

You didn't have a point, it was a rant.

Firstly, the evidence points to most rapes being committed by men known to the victim not in parks by strangers.

That's correct of course, but that's not what I'm talking about here, I'm (repeating myself) talking about the general topic of public safety which may include the issue of sexual assault.

Rapists need to see the insides of jail cells for a long time. But there is absolutely a place for education, and that entails wiping out lots of the attitudes held by some in this thread.

I'm not saying you shouldn't try to educate someone that rape is wrong (obviously). I'm just saying, it's not wrong to avoid a dodgy looking park at night, that's all. If you think this attitude is wrong, well, I feel for you (no homo).

Constable Care better not still be going from school to school warning about stranger danger, for warning young people of the danger of opportunists, according to SJWs, is a big no no. Advice on not to walk through parks, unlit and unoccupied spaces alone at night isn't a matter of common sense in taking personal measures to prevent an opportunist from taking advantage, but would be telling folks what to do, hence being dis-empowering - especially for women - and telling folks what to do is considered unacceptable. No practical advice is to be given women for their own protection, as such would be considered 'victim blaming' should she be sexually assaulted, raped, mugged, etc. The obvious thought that would come to mind in hindsight to an attack would be 'I told you not to walk there alone'; such would be considered "victim blaming" by SJWs rather than the victimized individual ignoring good advice and thus displaying poor judgement leading up to what culminated in a foreseeable crime. This isn't about blaming the victim of a crime for what's occurred, but helping folks to use common sense and make wiser choices through sound advice.

I do believe in telling both men and women not to walk in parks and unlit spaces alone at night, for one can't control what others do, they can only control what they themselves do. The naive rationalize that the rapist, mugger, etc shouldn't have committed the offense in the first place - which is true - but it leaves out the part of personal responsibility to take wise/common sense actions to protect oneself from putting themselves in a knowingly vulnerable situation in the first place. SJWs not wanting for any personal accountability for poor judgement shows them to view the world through ideologically driven utopian ideals rather than a less than ideal reality.

Giving folks sound advice as not to walk through parks and unlit spaces alone at night doesn't guarantee safety, but it does decrease the likelihood of being attacked by opportunists.

Last edited:
Your views on rape and sexual assault are in this thread for all to see, and they are dangerous. Your views should be neutralised.
Stop posting absolute tripe and quote his so called views that are dangerous. The only views I can see that are dangerous is you saying it is fine to walk through parks or unsafe areas at night by yourself. Who cares if your daughter gets raped because of some unstable sex predator. As long as she has her right to walk in the park at any hour. No one is saying it is her fault. Most normal people want others to take precautions. Yes, you shouldn't have to. Unfortunately, it isn't that simple.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back