Review R5: Port v Adelaide Review

Remove this Banner Ad

You have a superior inside game (especially with Wines out), we have a superior outside game. Our inside game is not as inferior to your inside game as your outside game is as inferior to our outside game.

So succinct and spot on. I think you guys do a tremendous job at playing to your strengths as well - huge credit to your coaching team.

How good is Ryder in the forward line. Kick it near him and he is always a chance. Great kick for goal as well.

And lol at the bombers fans who said he cant play up front or as second ruck.

Yeah, I can't read. Despite that, I was just asking an open ended question to engage in some conversation about football - you know, what you do in a forum? Thanks for your condescending insight though, keep up the good work.

Apologies thought you were having a go and a whole bunch of posts handn't loaded of actual game rational discussion!

Yeah, I can't read. Despite that, I was just asking an open ended question to engage in some conversation about football - you know, what you do in a forum? Thanks for your condescending insight though, keep up the good work.

Don't act innocent. Your question definitely was insinuating something. Then you get told and act innocent. Come here to discuss the game sure , but don't cry when you offer a loaded question and get called for it.

I love Kane Mitchell and I don't care who knows.
He was absolutely phenomenal. Shut them down in attack after attack (mainly in 1st and 3rd quarters from memory). He was never playing for the Showdown Medal but he makes it easier week by week for Ken to make him an automatic inclusion.

Don't act innocent. Your question definitely was insinuating something. Then you get told and act innocent. Come here to discuss the game sure , but don't cry when you offer a loaded question and get called for it.

Yeah but his question is literally an invitation for us to say "well we weren't at our best but we got the job done quite comfortably"

On the scale of loaded questions, that one was down the end filled with blanks.

He was absolutely phenomenal. Shut them down in attack after attack (mainly in 1st and 3rd quarters from memory). He was never playing for the Showdown Medal but he makes it easier week by week for Ken to make him an aatomatic inclusion.

Then gave it back straight away.

The last two weeks has shown just how much straight kicking for goals can make a difference, on a day of boxing we played the old rope a dope on the crows.
They had the inside 50s and kept throwing punches but nothing was landing,we would counter punch them and take the points (should say goals).
Things that stood out for me today

We have been missing for years that tall forward who can take a mark and kick a goal,it was hoped that Butcher could be the answer in time but out of the blue like a bolt of lightning comes Paddy Ryder.
This guy is a seriously good footballer and just makes our forward line look so much better, with him and Jay plus our small runners its about the perfect mix.
I think a special mention should go out to the best full back in the comp....Bobs for Jobs Carlile, he is a bigger part of our rise than he gets credit for,also my old mate Jasper needs a mention as he has been the most improved player on our list this year.

All in all a good solid win without being brilliant, lets hope we can carry some momentum into the next couple of weeks in games we SHOULD win.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Have to say I wasnt impressed by Carlisle getting pinged for holding the ball on the wing near the start. People are always complaining about defenders knocking it over the boundary and a guy takes possesion , gets wrapped up immediately , and gets called for holding that leads to a goal. So guess what afl , every defenders gonna keep knocking it over the boundary because your shit arse umps can't make a simple call.
I agree - the one decision that stands out in my mind after the game. The rule should always favour the player who gets the ball. On the whole though the umpires did pretty well in a tough physical game

I think you're giving me too much credit to be honest, I was asking an honest question relating to your teams performance. Not too sure what you think I could possibly have been insinuating anyway when I look back at it! I think you'll see with some of the replies I've given to your fellow posters that I was being genuine. No one appreciates being trolled - me included.

Then gave it back straight away.
Mitchell? Playing the "I was there card" I say turnovers from his play were no more evident than a swag of our players. What you could definitely see at the ground was the morale-sapping effect he had on the Crows midfield at times. He was like quintuplets, appearing at every aspect of the close-in contests for minutes at a time.

I liked the Cheney matchup, Wel$h sure used some fine tactical nous exploiting our over use of height in the forward line.

Very happy with the win. However, I hammered my mates about how important it was to stop Eddie Betts as I couldn't see how they were going to match our talls

Pretty hard to do that around here or at the Crows forum for that matter. Unfortunately we can't have a proper conversation about football in this state. I am not sure how it is in Victoria but unfortunately the ingrained hatred of each other makes civil conversation impossible.

I think you're giving me too much credit to be honest, I was asking an honest question relating to your teams performance. Not too sure what you think I could possibly have been insinuating anyway when I look back at it! I think you'll see with some of the replies I've given to your fellow posters that I was being genuine. No one appreciates being trolled - me included.

Fairenough , it just came across that way. We get a lot of posters who hide back handed compliments. It just came across as why are we celebrating because we were lucky to win , and suggested that we were big headed in celebrating a win although most sentiments were we did what was necessary. Understand it may not have been your intention

Very happy with the win. However, I hammered my mates about how important it was to stop Eddie Betts as I couldn't see how they were going to match our talls

Pretty hard to do that around here or at the Crows forum for that matter. Unfortunately we can't have a proper conversation about football in this state. I am not sure how it is in Victoria but unfortunately the ingrained hatred of each other makes civil conversation impossible.

I'm just finding that out now! It's a huge conspiracy that I wanted to know some honest thoughts and different views on the game compared to my own side!

IF YOU ARE HAVING GIRL PROBLEMS I FEEL BAD FOR YOU SON.View attachment 130336
Here is a text-free version for your memes :D

bobby_no_text_zpsste5ll6t.jpg~original

Remove this Banner Ad

Back