Golden State Warriors thread - All Star 5

Remove this Banner Ad

We're in trouble if we can't do something about Randolph and Gasol

Steph's shooting like ass, was rocking the MVP shoes today but scrubbing it up and these freaking missed freethrows.... what did Steph and Klay miss like 6 between them?

I hope Festus doesnt step on the court again this series, I remember a moment in the 3rd quarter where Ezeli was defending Z-bo. Z-bo lost the ball with the shotclock down to a few seconds, instead of running up and getting in Z-bo's airspace he backs off and Z-bo makes the shot. It's the playoffs Festus!!! Oh and next possession Z-bo strolls by him baseline for the easy lay up

I hope we go small more in game 4, Barnes has been great atleast

Always get worried when we play Memphis, but hopefully that was just a down game. They guarded us well, but geez we missed a lot of open shots.
Certainly concerned now.

We lose 4-2 unless something changes, Connelley has given them a massive lift, we likely get two more shots at Memphis to steal back the home court, it feels like we either need one massive game from Steph/Klay or to be re-energised by the Oracle cloud to get belief back.

Not sure Gasol is the problem. It's our offense. While Gasol is playing well, he is only shooting 40% in the last two games, which is terrible for a big guy (to put it in perspective Klay is shooting 50% from the field).

We have held them under 100 points in the last two games, and before those two games we hadn't lost while doing that (something like 42-0 during the season). We need to sort out the spacing and make some open shots and cut down on the turnovers.

At the end of the day we played horribly, but with 2 minutes left their lead was only 4 and then we proceeded to miss free-throws, open jumpers and turn the ball over. Basically we need Curry to play like Steph Curry. When he is on song it opens up so much for everyone.

I am feeling optimistic. I think we will start hitting our shots, hopefully we just get back to playing good team basketball, 5 passes a possession, etc etc and tough defence.

I have no doubt jinxed it though, Klay and Steph to go a miserable combined 10-40 from the field

Yeh Baby!!!! We are back in town.
Followed the scores on the phone at work, watched game just now.
Draymond and HB set the tone early, HB is killing them, gee he was aggressive early.
Bogut was a behemoth on D and on the boards, gotta mention DG's D, amazing how hard he competes.
Great to see Steph play like Steph, big three at the end of the 1st quarter got him going.
We looked fast and active again.
Back to Oracle we go, no let up

As good of a place as any to put my 4000th post. Hopefully we can deliver another win today at home. Gives us two cracks at closing the series.

Had a dream last night that I was in LA, and was making my way to Oakland to watch this game. Unfortunately, I woke up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We seem to believe again and realise that when we play our way, we are hard to beat.
hopefully we can save us all the stress of a game 7.
Sometimes teams take a while to work the opposition out in a seven game series, hopefully we have them worked out, hopefully the idea of having to win two games in a row after losing two in a row is mentally tiring for them, although they are a very professional, workmanlike outfit.
Need to start out hot to plant some doubt.
Is Allen going to play?

Steph being Steph is spectacular, 8 3's, including a 3/4 court 3/4 time buzzer beater to give us a good buffer.
Followed the score, but only saw the second half live.
Other than Steph, the growth in Harrison Barnes has been significant, he was a serious offensive option in this series and not so much a spot up corner shooter, was posting up and scoring key buckets.
Was key again today.
Happy to see the back of Memphis, hopefully Rox/Clips beat each other up in game 7.
Bring on the WC Finals.

Hey, just curious, how everyone watches Warriors and NBA games in general?
For me it's league pass and Foxtel.

Steph being Steph is spectacular, 8 3's, including a 3/4 court 3/4 time buzzer beater to give us a good buffer.
Followed the score, but only saw the second half live.
Other than Steph, the growth in Harrison Barnes has been significant, he was a serious offensive option in this series and not so much a spot up corner shooter, was posting up and scoring key buckets.
Was key again today.
Happy to see the back of Memphis, hopefully Rox/Clips beat each other up in game 7.
Bring on the WC Finals.

Hey, just curious, how everyone watches Warriors and NBA games in general?
For me it's league pass and Foxtel.

When I'm outside the USA League Pass. In the USA on TV.

Who would you guys rather play Houston or Clips?

In my opinion I feel Houston will be the better match up

I think we will win either one. Memphis was our hurdle until we meet Cleveland in the finals. Houston will be easier though. I'd think we'd win that in 5. We have a great matchup for their two offensive players (Dwight vs Bogut and Harden vs Green/Thompson).

Hoping for a Clippers v Golden State match up, that would be pretty epic.

Great win today. How's this for a stat: The Warriors are 17-14 this season when trailing by at least 10 points.

Ridiculous. Going small there in the second definitely helped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back