2015 Membership discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

If we are only going to play half a season, would be good if it could be the first half for a change so that at least we get some spinoff in membership. Probably going to hit the wall now.

Just received this email. I wasn't aware they'd locked the Section 62 bar down o_O

After receiving feedback from Premium members in 2015 regarding access to the bar located in Section 62, the Club has conducted a review which has resulted in the decision to allow access for Premium members to this fantastic facility for the remainder of the 2015 season.

We would like to take this opportunity to apologise to any members that were inconvenienced by these changes and thank those that provided the valuable feedback that resulted in this change.

If you have any questions or concerns, regarding your membership and access, please do not hesitate to contact the membership team on 1800 216 885 or email membership@lions.com.au. It’s vital that our members continue to pass on this valuable feedback and assist the Club in ensuring we are providing the best experience and value to our members.

Please note, that this does not change access to the Match Day Social Club. The match this weekend against West Coast is still Members Open Round, and then for the remainder of the season members must hold a September Member upgrade in order to access the Social Club.

Thank you again for your ongoing support of the Brisbane Lions.

Love the bar at Section 62. I've spent the whole season there so far, the people around my regular seats probably think I have only attended the first 10 minutes of the first game!

There were a few people trying to get in on Saturday night who couldn't, and were arguing with security. Against the Pies security was non-existent but against Richmond it was strict as it gets.

Glad to hear they are opening it up. I may have to get there a bit earlier to get a spot on the rail!

Have to say that if this rule was in place at the start of the season I would not have paid for the September Member upgrade (on 4 memberships under my name). Though the club needs the money pretty desperately so I am happy to support them!

Should be a membership bar. It is surrounded by premium member seating area, it should be open to them.

Good job by the club to backflip though. They could have easily waited out the season and maybe changed next year. Again showing signs they are listening.

If you've got membership or a ticket to a game and you want to see what the Gabba members area is like you can go to www.gabbamembers.com.au and sign up for 'Take the Tour'. They'll give you a quick tour of the members area and then let you stay and watch the game after and use the facilities etc (one time only obviously). You can bring a friend too. I'm signed up for the West Coast game.

Another small increase in the membership total, which is now 24,951.

Having a look at last year's thread, we might still get another 200-400 more members from here. That would put us with a final increase of around 5% above last year's total (which was 23,930 I think when the AFL closed the books for their audit of all clubs membership numbers).

However, I cringe to think how next year's membership total might look like if we keep tracking the way we are on-field.

Having a look at last year's thread, we might still get another 200-400 more members from here. That would put us with a final increase of around 5% above last year's total (which was 23,930 I think when the AFL closed the books for their audit of all clubs membership numbers).

However, I cringe to think how next year's membership total might look like if we keep tracking the way we are on-field.

Have been thinking about this. If we continue like this or similar for the rest of the season it will take a big signing and a good nab challenge performance to not see us slip too far.

When John Pearce made his recent $250,000 donation to the Lions he should've instead bought $250k worth of memberships :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was thinking of bequeathing money to the Lions but the way things are tracking they will pre-decease me.
Fitzroy Football Club will still be around and they would put your bequest to good use.

Care to guess how many members our deplorable performances (particularly at home) so far, have cost us?

30,000 wouldn't have been out of the question if we won the home games against Collingwood and Richmond me thinks :(

Care to guess how many members our deplorable performances (particularly at home) so far, have cost us?

30,000 wouldn't have been out of the question if we won the home games against Collingwood and Richmond me thinks :(

You are dreaming if you think we would have got 30k.

You are dreaming if you think we would have got 30k.

Yeah, we got 29,000 in 2010 on the back of making the second week of the finals the year before, recruiting Fevola and winning the first four games of the season.

We had a pretty energising off-season this year, but nothing like 2009-10.

Yeah, we got 29,000 in 2010 on the back of making the second week of the finals the year before, recruiting Fevola and winning the first four games of the season.

We had a pretty energising off-season this year, but nothing like 2009-10.
Also off the whole paddle-pop controversy.

If we were doing well on the field, we would easily get 30k

Ended up buying a 3 game membership and decided to get rid of my paddlepop Guernsey and switch it with this beauty

$_57.JPG

Even when winning flags we didnt 'easily' get 30k members.
Back then clubs didn't flog stuff like 3 game memberships and that kind of stuff like the extent of today to boost the numbers

Back then clubs didn't flog stuff like 3 game memberships and that kind of stuff like the extent of today to boost the numbers

Doesn't make a huge difference. Still taking from a very similar sized pool of interested people. The same ones who even winning back to back to back flags barely got us above 30k members. There is nothing easy about getting 30k Brisbane based people to sign up with an AFL club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back