Votes: 15 9.4%
  • Drop him and let him go via free agency

Votes: 82 51.3%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 5 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Open your other one, he was ten times the player Roughy was last night. set up a third of our goals, won or halved key one on ones, made goal saving tackles but shanks one kick (one of about 40 by the team) and he lost us the game. I guess its his fault the ball went unchallenged 150m after he turned it over In the forward 50 ?

There were 3 just as bad or worst mistakes just in the 2 minutes after that' turnover by Smith, Breust bad Cyril but it's all Suckers fault.

Yep ok. You his mum? I suppose mediocre is good enough for you. Oh and by the way, it wasnt just last night, its been all season. But you keep telling yourself that he is good player.

Suckling:
Great
Good
Great
Clanger- opposition goal- Facepalm
It was suggested to me over summer by a poster on this site that I should place my head in the bottom left corner of their avatar.
Has your avatar since changed, have you lost the faith or did I indeed read the tealeaves correctly? Now lets see if the movers and shakers at the Hawks do the same and follow your lead.

It looks like his ball drop is becoming more and more extravagant as the years go on.. Sign of a guy who drinks his own bath water.

Yep ok. You his mum? I suppose mediocre is good enough for you. Oh and by the way, it wasnt just last night, its been all season. But you keep telling yourself that he is good player.

Well you don't get selected in the best side in the comp by the best coach in the comp every week for 4 years if you're not a good player, but keep telling yourself you know better than Clarko.

Sucklings errors and his apparent belief in his own good press have been touched on plenty. But the thing that stands out to me is that he just doesn't fit in the side the way our games have been panning out this year.

Sucklings big strength is his ball usage (although it's been sub par this season). This can be a deadly weapon on the counter attack. The problem is we aren't doing that this season. Teams are just flooding out forward line making clean forward entries near impossible. Teams are happy for us to have a high number of low quality entries into out forward 50 and burning us on the counter. This is where suckling is being exploited as the defensive side of his game is poor and he is slow, making him a liability.

So the one thing that he brings to the table is not seeing much use at the moment and he brings very little else. A player like Duryea or Litherland would be more useful in almost all games so far this season. Especially against hard at it teams like Sydney. But I suspect he will continue to get a game based on past performance and look good over the next couple of weeks against poor quality opposition

Wow, way to zero in on 2 words in my post at the expense of absolutely everything else in it.

Fair enough mate. Apologies.

Just sick and tired of this line that Suckling is a great kick. He just isn't. It's like watching a guy drain a couple of 30ft putts on the practice green and saying that he is a great putter yet overlooking the 3ft putts that the same guy misses time and time again when the pressure is actually on.

Matthew Suckling's kicking is the biggest myth in football.

Open your other one, he was ten times the player Roughy was last night. set up a third of our goals, won or halved key one on ones, made goal saving tackles but shanks one kick (one of about 40 by the team) and he lost us the game. I guess its his fault the ball went unchallenged 150m after he turned it over In the forward 50 ?

There were 3 just as bad or worst mistakes just in the 2 minutes after that' turnover by Smith, Breust bad Cyril but it's all Suckers fault.

Pure, unadulterated bullshit.

Suckling was dire last night and has been dire all season.

Pure, unadulterated bullshit. Did you miss McVeigh completely out position and out body this soft chump in the goal square in the last? Did you miss the easy 30 metre pass that should have resulted in a Hawk goal but resulted in a turnover that cost us a goal, also in the last? That is a three goal turnaround in a matter of minutes, late in the game that was lost by less than a kick.

Suckling was dire last night and has been dire all season.

Speaking of errors.. How about that ball on the boundary line wing that was going out and Breust kicked it off the ground, straight out on th full.

Swans take the free, deliver inside 50 and kick a goal.

Speaking of errors.. How about that ball on the boundary line wing that was going out and Breust kicked it off the ground, straight out on th full.

Swans take the free, deliver inside 50 and kick a goal.

Sure, I will grant you that but Suckling has been making these sorts of skill errors all season, despite largely being a one-trick pony who is allegedly some sort of superhuman kick of the football which somehow justifies his spot in the side.

Breust brings so much more to the table that Sucking and even Stevie Wonder can see that. So perhaps you might tell the whole story instead of just a fraction of it.

Sure, I will grant you that but Suckling has been making these sorts of skill errors all season, despite largely being a one-trick pony who is allegedly some sort of superhuman kick of the football which somehow justifies his spot in the side.

Breust brings so much more to the table that Sucking and even Stevie Wonder can see that. So perhaps you might tell the whole story instead of just a fraction of it.

Don't get me wrong.. Suckling's last quarter was shithouse..

The only positive to come out of last night is that Shoey isn't being blamed for the loss ;)

Just sick and tired of this line that Suckling is a great kick. He just isn't. It's like watching a guy drain a couple of 30ft putts on the practice green and saying that he is a great putter yet overlooking the 3ft putts that the same guy misses time and time again when the pressure is actually on.

No worries mate.

I think it's become the biggest myth in football. He used to be pretty much that good, but he has got so carried away with believing his own press that it's turned to s**t.

He has to be left out

Duryea is just as good, if not better at times, with his kicking. (I don't know about efficiency stats)

Taylor also has some aggression and mongrel about him, not afraid to throw his smaller frame around and win the footy

Duryea I would suspect is probably slightly quicker than Suckling too.

If Suckling isn't dropped for Duryea against the suns I shall be highly disappointed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mistakes are forgivable. Being soft in a contest and conceding a winning goal in a crunch match should mean some time in the magoos
I can actually forgive him for losing a 1v1 in the goal square. His job isn't wining those tight contests and every player has weaknesses. BUT his job is kicking well. He's supposed to be one of the best kicks in the comp, and it was all set up for him to win the game with his lethal left boot and he stuffed it up. It's like if Josh Gibson came third man into a constest and fresh aired it.

If you're in the team because you are a good kick and don't kick well you should be dropped. Same if you are a key defender that concedes marks, a wing man who doesn't run and carry or a forward that doesn't kick goals.

I can actually forgive him for losing a 1v1 in the goal square. His job isn't wining those tight contests and every player has weaknesses. BUT his job is kicking well. He's supposed to be one of the best kicks in the comp, and it was all set up for him to win the game with his lethal left boot and he stuffed it up. It's like if Josh Gibson came third man into a constest and fresh aired it.

If you're in the team because you are a good kick and don't kick well you should be dropped. Same if you are a key defender that concedes marks, a wing man who doesn't run and carry or a forward that doesn't kick goals.
Anyone else in our entire team, and some out of it (here's lookin' at you, Doc), would have made that contest a 50/50, brought the ball to ground, forced a stoppage, at the very least. Jarrad McVeigh is NO hard man/monster. It was an insipid effort. And generally try hard not to be super negative about our players.

Well you don't get selected in the best side in the comp by the best coach in the comp every week for 4 years if you're not a good player, but keep telling yourself you know better than Clarko.

You just keep accepting mediocrity! Ifyou seriously think he belongs in the best 22 with the way he is going about it this year (his piss poor attitude and performances) then u seriously have no idea. And its just not one particular kick or handball, it's all the f..ken time lately. Can i remind you of his bullshit dribble kick 15 metres out last week? Ye it was against melb, but that crap cost us games against the good sides.

But keep accepting mediocrity...

He'd be amazing in a Grand Final - if they hosted a Kicking Competition at Half Time & every club sent their longest kick to the 'G for the fan's entertainment. Big run up, no pressure - he'd be unbeatable.

It all goes to crap when he has an opponent or when his intended target has an opponent. Or, if he takes an intercept mark on the wing with 2 mins to go & there's no pressure at all - he f**ks that up too.

He's an absolute weapon when we play uncompromising, brutal football. When the 17 other guys are smashing their opponents & the opponents are dazed or scared, he's worth billions. Unfortunately, we don't play that way early in the H&A Season & even more unfortunately, most clubs play their grand final against us every week. Suckers gets found out. A lot.

Don't get me wrong.. Suckling's last quarter was shithouse..

The only positive to come out of last night is that Shoey isn't being blamed for the loss ;)
Oh well there's always next week oh wait I meant the next week after we're due for a win this week

While I've always been a Suckling fan, one thing I will concede it that he's kicking has been fairly ordinary this year

2 goal assists minus two errors that cost us 2 goals in the last = Nill all draw.

we still lose by 4 points.

Seeing as though McEvoy isn't playing and Shoey had bugger all errors, I need a scapegoat.

Sucking smell you later. Box Hill beckons.

Because Clarko isn't beyond making errors.:rolleyes:

Taylor Duryea is ten times the player Suckling is, yet he watched the game from the stands.

Back