Autopsy Round 8: Port Adelaide V Richmond @ Adelaide Oval - Changes for Essendon

You can vote for up to 5 players

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Damien Hardwick has impressed me the last 2 weeks, as have the playing group.

We've responded well, but because of earlier losses, it only has us at even. We need to maintain the rage.

Keep up the good work boys.

Port are finding out that it's harder to be the hunted than to be the hunter like they were in 2013/2014.

Huge games from Jack, Martin and many others.

Our defence was sublime.

I noticed that Ellis and Martin were clearly following the (kick it to the boundary instructions) to a T.
Especially Ellis, I wouldn't be surprised if the coach singles him out.

Rance was epic but hard to single out 1 defender. They all did their job.

Seems that Hunt can play... As a tagger. That's his game and damn he is good at it.

Dusty killed it in that last quarter, definitely improved his fitness running out games really well now

Bit of constructive criticism here, but I was hoping he'd do more.

He was completely freed up while Cotchin was being tagged, did nothing to help him out. He wasn't really dangerous until the final quarter and even then his disposals weren't too damaging.

If he's in that situation again I want to see a better game. only 2 tackles, under 30 touches, only just over 50% disposal efficiency. Not good signs from an elite mid.

Fingers crossed it's just being shaky early in the season and he'll move on and improve from this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's exactly why Hardwick went back and had another go at what we tried early last year.
The way we win that 9 game streak isn't sustainable and it showed in the finals.
This footy has substance and the players look like the penny is dropping.
Last week we seen all the heroes tear into Hardwick when he said we wouldn't want to play the style we did against the pies too often.
And the tears flowed.
He was dead right.

Last edited:
That's exactly why Hardwick went back and had another go at what we tried late last year.
The way we win that 9 game streak isn't sustainable and it showed in the finals.
This footy has substance and the players look like the penny is dropping.
Last week we seen all the heroes tear into Hardwick when he said we wouldn't want to play the style we did against the pies too often.
And the tears flowed.
He was dead right.

However, can we play it every other week then? Pretty please? For pretty football's sake?

Back