Preview Changes/pre-match discussion v Collingwood (FINAL CHANGES: OUT: Wood/Jacobs IN: Brown/Swallow)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Brad's plan B is to not have a plan B. So when plan A isnt working, the opposition coach thinks 'North will implement their plan B here', but then nothing changes, and therefore tricks the opposition coach. But in fact, Brad did implement Plan B, which was in fact not to change anything, which means that Plan B was actually implement.

An interesting, risky, sexy idea Brad. Lets hope it does or doesn't work.
Think you've actually nailed it there JJ. Take the Freo game. I too was expecting North to go hard and lift the intensity after the first quarter. But Brad completely outfoxed Ross Lyon by keeping the status quo. You could actually see the shock and surprise on the faces of the Freo players as the waltzed their way into the 50 for another goal. Hope other teams don't start to cotton onto our Claytons Plan B.

Got a healthy bit of Blighty about you with your radical ideas, JJ.

Get JJ down to Arden St I say.

not playing our best by any means - would have liked to have beaten port.

but 4 and 4 - what i expected, and i think most ppl expected this.

I agree the "glass half full" view is that we're 4 and 4. And I probably would have taken 4 and 4 at the start of the season.
But the "glass half empty" I was alluding to is that our 4 losses haven't been a top 4 team pushing contenders to the wire.
The losses have been as bad as they get. That Freo game felt like I was watching that Sydney Prelim "aberration" all over again.
I'm just a grumpy man lately because it feels like groundhog day. Sh1ts me to tears.

We can make a good step by smashing the pies.

Should be doing better on the i50 count then, being we play on a fast deck and all...

We should, and we would, if we had a midfield that did anything of note with stoppage clearances.

Hope we don't buy into the mystique of Pendlebury.

"I don't want the fact Scott Pendlebury didn't reach 40 possessions to tarnish his legacy or cost him a Brownlow. His 38 possessions were very damaging and while some people will point to him only kicking 2 goals he provided a lot of rebound from half-back."

Pies are #1 for contested ball
NMFC are #15 for contested ball

Pies are #2 for i50's
NMFC are #14 for i50's
Pies played GC, Brissie, St Kilda, Carlton and Essendon. We'd beat all 5. Pies also lost to Geelong and Richmond, who we have beaten. And lost to Adelaide at home. As BT mentioned in another thread, we'd be 7:1 if not 8:0 with that draw.

Pies played GC, Brissie, St Kilda, Carlton and Essendon. We'd beat all 5. Pies also lost to Geelong and Richmond, who we have beaten. And lost to Adelaide at home. As BT mentioned in another thread, we'd be 7:1 if not 8:0 with that draw.

all that data is good but I still remember watching the Collingwood game last year and Cloke tearing us a new one.

Maybe Brad's plan B is to not have a plan B. So when plan A isnt working, the opposition coach thinks 'North will implement their plan B here', but then nothing changes, and therefore tricks the opposition coach. But in fact, Brad did implement Plan B, which was in fact not to change anything, which means that Plan B was actually implement.

You know fig jam would fall for it.

which means the pies will set them self up to beat us

Sounds like a cunning plan, But Is it as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning?

BTW would 100 cunning plans be a Cunnington?

which means the pies will set them self up to beat us
Of course they will. But so did Richmond and Essendon, but we have gotten over the line.
After yet another shocker last week, hopefully it's us, who are hungrier out there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds like a cunning plan, But Is it as cunning as a fox what used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning?

Last one in gets hacked to death by Rod Stewart's great-great-grandfather.

Um... maybe..
.. oh really? Definitely not then.
Can't do much worse than some of the guys out there. I'd look at replacing LMac with Warren and Gibbo with Mullett, but that will never happen.
Um... maybe..

.. oh really? Definitely not then.
Yeah I forgot you've got to put 7-9 games of solid vfl footy before you get a look in with Brad

I see what you did there…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back