Toast Bushie (rumours of his demise were greatly exaggerated)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was the reason I joined this forum. He always made me laugh. There was a point where I was laughing out loud at some of his jousting and my wife asked me "whats was so funny?" She came over and read a few of his posts and started laughing herself.

He will be missed.
And this better not be a ******* wind up. Was upset the first time he was rumored to have passed and shattered this time. But to be honest I wouldn't mind if it was just to read some more of his golden musings.
Rip.

Sad sad news.

I always looked forward to when he made a return to BF under whatever guise but sadly no more.

At least I can say I was lucky enough to have a beer with him.

He also flamed me more times than I can remember and we certainly crossed swords but I have to say I genuinely respected the grumpy old campaigner. He certainly helped me hone my posting skills the old school way.

If you ever witnessed his fine work he absolutely tore a path through Bay 13 at times that left a lot of opposition posters in disarray and rather upset. He did this without meme's or gifs - just logic and his particular intellectual bulldozer style. A lot of today's newer posters wouldn't be able to amusingly withstand his onslaught. You have to remember he was part of the posters who have been here for years - especially when Fremantle were horrendously s**t and it was very difficult to defend our deplorable chaotic team in the Bay - especially during the 04/06 period when the boys down the road where up and about - but we still managed to all collectively pull the piss. In his eyes he called a spade a spade. Geez just another reason I really hope we win the Premiership this year.

I'll dedicate a brew to you this afternoon you old sod. RIP

Condolences to any friends or family who read this. He was respected and feared.

We really should have a some award here or in Bay 13 named after him. He really did have an impact.

Last edited:

Was a dichotomoy if ever there was one on BF. Insightful and sage-like at times; impatient and over-reactive at others. Above all things, an interesting and complex character who will be missed.

Well that's a shame. I was just thinking myself the other day that the forum could use some Bushie insight about now to keep the melon heads in line.

Anyone know who he really was?

Only knew and interracted with him briefly, but he left a pretty deep impact.

The same can also be said for a hammerblow to your forehead of course - a strangely fitting metaphor for bushie if ever there was one.

Didn't always agree -or disagree - with him... but I did always respect him. He was no idiot, plus he had the strength and decency to call a spade a f***ing shovel no matter what. He will be missed.

The idea of a "bushie badge" for BF is a good one but i'm buggered if I can think of what it could be used for...

Hail and farewell ya grumpy and insightful old bugger.

Did not really have much to do with but enjoyed his posts re football and politics, loved his footy club and country,
Rest in piece.

Aaaahhh Bushie - loved ya guts and gizzards, together we were part of the old crew and you always had my back in your most charming and gentlemanly manner. Some of my favourite memories are your cutting down of Total Package (aka Frank from Canning Vale), and any other of the bezillion weagle trolls we used to get flooding our board in the bad old days. Many thought you were just a grumpy old campaigner looking for a fight, but those that did lacked your level of intellect and couldn't understand how incredibly well you used your wit and knowledge as a razor sharp weapon of destruction of those less intelligent than you. I'll miss our 'secret insights' and the passion you shared for all things purple and all things close to your heart. Look after yourself wherever you may be - and keep fighting the good fight. :fire::hearts::rainbow:

A great poster, one of my favourites. :(

Used to love sparring with him on the Bay back when I first joined BF. Talked a lot of s**t with him on the Eagles board RDT, heard some great stories and got given some good advice (and plenty of nonsense :D).

An old school poster who never lasted long due to his inability to tolerate bullshit from other posters, I somehow got on his relative good side and got to sit back and enjoy him tear others to shreds, particularly members of my own club.

RIP mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was a dichotomoy if ever there was one on BF. Insightful and sage-like at times; impatient and over-reactive at others. Above all things, an interesting and complex character who will be missed.

Agreed, a unique man that was for sure. Agreed and disagreed with him in equal measure but he always backed up his opinions with sound reasoning, and if you could get past the niggle you'd always be rewarded with interesting discussion and a laugh or two.

Vale mate.

Sad to hear, we had plenty of clashes but he wasn't one to back down that's for sure. Vale Bushie, Proud Bogan, Whiteoak, slicedndiced, riseupaustralia.

Should have an annual Freo board s**t-stirring day in his honour :D

Sad that he won't see our first Premiership. RIP
Maybe name the derby banter threads after him

A man who could divide a nation, make opposition posters melt with the swipe of a keyboard, infuriate and then laugh the next minute.

Refused to tolerate fools and waged war on certain mods, he certainly was colourful.

Vale misda Cwaig

Very sad to hear of Bushie's passing.

I particularly enjoyed his contributions in the Josh Simpson thread. Post after post after post trying to educate the nuffies re indigenous culture.

And even though he came across as hard and acerbic, he was always a gentleman towards the ladies around here.

Commiserations to his family and friends.

Possibly the bloke who "never call a spade a spade when you can call it a ******* shovel" was first coined for. Never conversed with anyone else who could be so zen and so fired up simultaneously.

His takedowns of Frank from Canning Vale and UNIT will remain the stuff of Bigfooty legend.

Vale mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back