Toast Bushie (rumours of his demise were greatly exaggerated)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well why don't you give him a call and offer to do it yourself, tough guy.

Or wont mummy let you out this late??

This post was back in October of 2006 and was my first interaction with Bushie. I suspect many posters here had a similar introduction to the grumpy old campaigner and I'm near certain the same, or likely worse, was given out to all Eagles posters that crossed his path.

Over time I enjoyed my banter with him to the point where I considered him as a good friend and one of the best people I'd never met. I watched on with a mixture of mirth and astonishment as he clashed with anyone, and at times everyone, particularly with the mods and admin, much to the ongoing detriment of his account status. His appearances on this forum became increasingly sporadic and not always welcome by some but it's been several months since I've seen his cantankerous charms.

Sadly, I've heard that old ******* arm is no longer with us.

He wasn't to everyones taste but he was a Freo supporter through and through and once you got past the bluster was a very knowledgeable and caring (that's not a typo) person on not just football matters. I've missed seeing him around here and always hoped he'd stumble back in from time to time, a hope that is now in vain.

Vale you old bastard and I hope you took a jacket with you just in case Freo do win a flag and hell freezes over

UPDATE : HE'S BACK

Last edited:
Yeah I will miss him.

Can understand why many hate him though given the way he clashed with some. I'm good friends with a few of his biggest enemies as well as being on very good terms with him. A great guy to have a beer or ten with aswell.

I have to say though i enjoyed his stirring on a few of the non footy boards and the general AFL boards, it was a pleasure to see him rile up all the idiotic opposition fans and right winged idiots. He fought the good fight.

Last edited:

We were told before the game on Thursday at the Fire and Ice and I was shocked. Apparently he had been pretty crook for a while and couldn't muster the strength to post on a regular basis.

I did love Bushie and enjoy his posts. It was quite amusing watching him wind people up and watch them lose their s**t although I suspect it was annoying for the mods.

Vale Bushie.

Sad to hear this and the best to Bushie's family if any lurk around these parts. He certainly made this an interesting forum and whilst you couldn't agree with some of his more outlandish views, he was always worth reading

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He was always so fun to wind up, but he never backed down, which was great. I always enjoyed how he scythed through idiots.

I think most of the red cards I've received on here were due to arguments with him. But for the most part, I agreed with him.

I'm not religious, but if there is a heaven I hope he's up there calling the creator a "s**t god" and "worst god ever".

He will be missed by many on here. Even though modding these days is a lot easier without him, its hard to think he won't be around to enjoy our first flag.
It was a pleasure to have him on the first Freo podcast all the way from Japan.

Vale Bushie, Proud Bogan, Whiteoak, slicedndiced, riseupaustralia.

So sad to hear. I lurked here for quite a while before I started posting partly because I didn't feel I had enough football know-how but mostly because I was terrified of Bushie. (Was Proud Bogan around the time I joined.)

Thankfully, I never got on the wrong end of any of his tirades.

Despite his crusty character, I've always had the impression that he's really quite a gentleman under all that - except one who doesn't suffer fools. Or people who he perceived to be bagging the club or players just for the heck of it. He always did his best rampaging in the weekly changes thread.

Vale, Bushie. Hope you can see how good the guys are doing from wherever you are.

Very sad to hear this, really enjoyed when I met him a few years ago and he had that passion for the club that was undeniable.

RIP Bushie

Screw all these condolences - the basta$d owed me $100 over a bet about Mora last year :mad::D:D

I'm sure I'll be able to collect on it someday.....till then I'll just take the memories of some super-mega-shutdowns as part payment.

Thanks for the laughs Bushie

RIP bushie!

I'm actually quite upset by the news. We didn't get along too much, but he was a strong advocate for the indigenous Australia and incredibly supportive of our aboriginal players who didn't have it quite that easy.

Thanks for all your hard work in this area, I'm sure many well respected elders have you the send off you truely deserved. You are part of folk law now. You had a great heart mate

Hope this a false alarm! :cry:
He was a fun guy to watch, never knew when to shutup and had this suicidal focus but then that was part of what made him fun.
He certainly cared about things deeply and made an impression on me and made you think (which is what you want).
Vale Bushie you grumpy old bastard, you'll be missed!:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back