The Off-Season Thread (Luke Ridnour destination watch)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumblr_mojm6nMZuA1s7sh61o1_250.gif

tumblr_mcyky6zz0h1rjxj9ko1_r2_250.gif

Oh+hell+no+_7280eedf85ea5d674c22c5959d6e86cb.gif

AMFC5B2.gif

Lmao

Don't think the Hawks can keep demarre after the deal with Middleton

BOOM!

Woj Bomb.

Eyebrows Davis 5 years $145 mil and worth every penny. Well done Pelicans and well done Anthony.

jod23 doesn't like this.

4 year opt out supposedly according to Stein
Jimmy may take a 5 year with a 4th year option....

If things don't work out we can always trade one malcontent for another :rainbow:

Jeanie pls

These things never fail, right?

22702433_SA.jpg

Aminu for 4 years 30?

Da damn we doing

Gerald Henderson, Al-farouq, Vonleh, Plumlee...

Lots of athleticism, not a lot of shooting - it's like the anti-Stotts Portland team :confused:

So Bill Simmons got it half right...

Ellis signing would indicate Pacers are serious about playing a much more uptempo small ball game. Hibbert will be sold cheap probably.

Great news, like Bass as he's a good guy and player, but he's not what we need anymore. Would be a good addition to a contending team.

Disagree. Hill can defend taller guards, Ellis the PGs. Dallas fans have talked for 2 years about getting Hill as a PG as he's a great fit next to Monta. Hibbert can cover up for his lapses on D.

Hibbert
West/his replacement
George
Ellis
Hill.

That could be a top 4 team in the East.

It isn't a very talented nor deep roster.

I don't see them being top 4 to be perfectly honest.

Call me ignorant but I really don't see it from Indiana other than having George (who is probably my favourite player behind Kobe) who is coming off an ACL which means it is no certainty he'll perform the way he was prior to the injury.

They'd struggle mightily in the West.

Disagree. Hill can defend taller guards, Ellis the PGs. Dallas fans have talked for 2 years about getting Hill as a PG as he's a great fit next to Monta. Hibbert can cover up for his lapses on D.

Hibbert
West/his replacement
George
Ellis
Hill.

That could be a top 4 team in the East.

Pacers are looking to trade him in the reports coming out on Indy. So he's not in their plans it would seem. They we're looking to move him before he opted in, would think now they'd be even more determined to get it done now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It isn't a very talented nor deep roster.

I don't see them being top 4 to be perfectly honest.

Call me ignorant but I really don't see it from Indiana other than having George (who is probably my favourite player behind Kobe) who is coming off an ACL which means it is no certainty he'll perform the way he was prior to the injury.

They'd struggle mightily in the West.

1. George is coming off a compound fracture not an ACL and by all reports will comeback stronger than before.

2. Our team/depth is probably better than it was when we were a playoffs contending team minus Hibbert and West. But hopefully re-signing Allen and him taking West's spot and developing Turner plus whatever we could get from a Hibbert trade may make us better than we were.

3. Most teams in the East bar Cavs would struggle in the West, but we're in the East so who cares?

Ed Davis might be a low cost option at C for Indy.

1. George is coming off a compound fracture not an ACL and by all reports will comeback stronger than before.

2. Our team/depth is probably better than it was when we were a playoffs contending team minus Hibbert and West. But hopefully re-signing Allen and him taking West's spot and developing Turner plus whatever we could get from a Hibbert trade may make us better than we were.

3. Most teams in the East bar Cavs would struggle in the West, but we're in the East so who cares?

Either way.

It may be that your depth is better than it was in your opinion but compared to most other teams in the NBA I would say it is in the average to below average range of the spectrum.

You are right. Most teams in the East would struggle in the West. Meaning that East Coast basketball is really a rung below the top teams in the West in reality bar the Cavs and Chi Town when they are on song.

Either way I see it being quite another average year for the Pacers.

Either way.

It may be that your depth is better than it was in your opinion but compared to most other teams in the NBA I would say it is in the average to below average range of the spectrum.

You are right. Most teams in the East would struggle in the West. Meaning that East Coast basketball is really a rung below the top teams in the West in reality bar the Cavs and Chi Town when they are on song.

Either way I see it being quite another average year for the Pacers.

The thing is though, we're more than likely to add more pieces to our team. So I think it's ridiculous to write us off right now.

Don't think the Hawks can keep demarre after the deal with Middleton

I don't know what sort of player Middleton is, but DeMarre is an off-ball player. A team with a remotely smart GM does not give key player money to a wing player who can't create with the ball in his hands.

Worst case if we lost him I trust our team will find another player like him to fit the system. We did it with DeMarre. Although losing Danny Ferry for calling Deng an African will hurt our scouting approach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back