Review Post match discussion/vent thread vs Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

I remember a few years ago when we hit a purple patch and strung 9 or so wins together. In an interview, Brent Harvey said "when I look my team mates in the eye now, you know what your going to get" . did he really believe the penny had dropped? What the * has happened? So many questions..
Out of everyone at the club. I feel for boomer. He says he is playing on because he wants to win another flag..He is a competitive beast who gives his all for the club.
His teammates are frauds!!!

I had the misfortune of being at the game. Some observations ...

Majak was okay. Couldn't hold a mark. It at least split packs and provided a contest. Didn't see the point in subbing him off. He did more than Waite. Spoke to Maj. for a bit after the game. He was pretty flat. His words: "I just couldn't get near it".

Our kicks into the F50 were terrible. Under he circumstances I thoughtDrew and Maj battled hard. I hardly. It noticed Waite.

Skills were not just bad. They were embarrassing. How did it look on tv? Live it looked like schoolboy stuff ... Though that's being unfair to school boys.

If LT spent half as much energy on the game as he does pleading for free kicks, he'd be quite a player.

Our tackling is rubbish.

There was no urgency in our game, at all. It was like we fully expected at any moment to just turn it on and be able to win. Then I the last, when it became apparent we would not win, the performance became almost comical.

We looked slow. We looked very slow. Continually beaten to the ball.

I was watching for someone, anyone, trying to rally the troops out on the ground. But there was no-one, nothing, nada. There is no intimidation factor in our team at all. We are, I hate to say it, just plain soft.

We were smashed by the bottom team. Absolutely smashed.

Leaving the stadium to board the team bus, they were a very dejected group. Boomer seemed especially pissed off; Drew promised my kids they'd win next week; Cunners was very solemn. It was a pretty quiet, heads down, procession.

Majak was okay. Couldn't hold a mark. It at least split packs and provided a contest. Didn't see the point in subbing him off. He did more than Waite. Spoke to Maj. for a bit after the game. He was pretty flat. His words: "I just couldn't get near it".

Symptomatic of the white-hot s**t being delivered into the F50.

Can someone tell me why the fk are we so vulnerable on the wings... Every time the opposition switches it to the wing he always have 0 players there to intercept.

LT needs a spell in the 2's has looked soon s**t the last couple of weeks, missing standard set shots which he would normally smash.

Thompson has legit taken 2 step backwards.... how can an AA defender look soon s**t within 2 years offs

Remember when we were hard at the man and hard at the ball?

Yeah I miss it too.
Remember all the s**t years where the players/coaches/facilities just werent good enough but everyone cracked in and gave their all? We'd pull off an upset here and there, even a comeback from the dead win from time to time. These campaigners give us * all but sub par effort and zero desire afaic

Our kicks into the F50 were terrible. Under he circumstances I thoughtDrew and Maj battled hard. I hardly. It noticed Waite.

Skills were not just bad. They were embarrassing. How did it look on tv? Live it looked like schoolboy stuff ... Though that's being unfair to school boys.

If LT spent half as much energy on the game as he does pleading for free kicks, he'd be quite a player.

Our tackling is rubbish.

There was no urgency in our game, at all. It was like we fully expected at any moment to just turn it on and be able to win. Then I the last, when it became apparent we would not win, the performance became almost comical.

I was watching for someone, anyone, trying to rally the troops out on the ground. But there was no-one, nothing, nada. There is no intimidation factor in our team at all. We are, I hate to say it, just plain soft.

Leaving the stadium to board the team bus, they were a very dejected group. Boomer seemed especially pissed off; Drew promised my kids they'd win next week; Cunners was very solemn. It was a pretty quiet, heads down, procession.

And so they should have been. Disgraceful effort.

I flew my family up.
Stayed at my dad's place near Ballina.
Drove 75 minutes to the game.
Parked and walked another 30 minutes.
Paid overs to get good seats.
Sat there and witnessed that steaming pile of turds. I have no words.
Can the NMFC refund me my money, time and soul please?

Goldy
Higgo
Ziebell
Dal Santo
Harvey
Cunners

Locks in the side.

Everyone else is on notice and should be flexible coming in and out of the side, even Petrie.

Our tackling is rubbish.

Spot on with your summary I was also at the game and I saw it exactly the same. Nothing changed throughout the game no one tried to stand up they all just went with the flow

But that's what I'm saying, it's the game after the bye, teams are notorious for not playing well after it
If you can differentiate this weeks performance from a normal weeks performance then it seems like it's the bye effect

For a team that lacks quality players & ball skills as compared to yours, a good comparison is the Melbourne team of the late 80's & early 90's.

While they were never going to beat a team like Hawthorn in the GF, they made up for some of their deficiencies with their effort, their attitude, their tackling & their attack on the football. Players like Earl Spalding were the epitome of this.

We don't have that.

This is what I think is the crux of the problem:

Reporter: "What sort of team do you want North to become and in what sort of areas do you think you have fallen short of the mark?"

Crocker: "The type of team the players, the coaches, the supporter, the members all want is one that uh is a really hard team to beat..."

No mate, ******* no. We are a team that wants to win as many ******* flags as humanly ******* possible and to do that we have to be the ******* best and if we are the ******* best then we are going to naturally be hard to ******* beat. If your only ******* goal is just be difficult to beat that means your eye is totally off the ball in terms of what the required standard you are aiming for.

If you want to be ******* hard to beat mate then get rid of our forwrd line and push the whole ******* team into the defensive 50, it will ******* hard to score bloody anything but we still wont win jack s**t.

Went to the game today & that was the worst game I've ever seen North Melbourne play.

Right from the very start you could tell that we were in trouble & apart from a brief period with Cunnington, it played out this way. I thought I was watching primary schoolers play. So much of the time guys weren't chasing & either jogging or plain walking while their opponents ran off them. All day GC had superior numbers around the ball. And the disposal was just laughable. Guys would be in space & you'd just know that they'd butcher it with a handball to a team mate who was covered or fail to execute a 2m handball. Luckily I was sitting beside a friend who was a Richmond supporter & we spent most of the game discussing his club which was useful as a distraction from the s**t I was watching.

Gold Coast were good, but they were allowed to be with zero pressure around most contests, loose players all over the ground & North players that obviously didn't care, with Goldstein probably the only one.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was exactly what I was looking for.....& some much needed pace....

long time lurking and first time posting (literally just actually only created an account tonight on BF), so apologies for that, anyway also had the misfortune to venture out to metricone/white line stadium with the tin lids to witness that insipid piece of horse dung served up tonight. Sorry to say that after tonight's performance the little man has turned from dads team the Roos as he calls them to being a Suns boy, even tried to say well he can live with his mum full time and he was then ok,DOH, so that isn't going to work!
We just seem to lack basic footy smarts like two blokes running to tackle one bloke which leaves a spare opposition player free for an easy handball over the top or we kick to the advantage of the opposing teams backman, just dumb stupid shite which we seem to do all the time..
As much as LT does s**t me with his playing for frees etc, at least he does show some passion as watched him when he went to the bench as whoever a club official was that had the headphones on in the dugout LT was telling him to where to go, and it was just after him and Waite flew for a grab in the 3rd and they looked at each other, sorry may be mistaken as had 3 kids with me with a 4 yr old on my lap, however did watch LT go to the bench after it, and at least LT cares and a heap of others could take a leaf out of his book..
Have tried numbing the pain with beer and red wine and thinking I should have bought two bottles of red, lol!

We move the ball sooo slowly with 20 metre chip kicks that allows the opposition to floodback or we put ourselves under so much pressure with stupid ring a ring a rosie handballs that we end up hacking it forward.

The 'ring a ring a rosie handballs' is dead on!

Without Goldstein playing his blinder of a season, we arguably would have won 3 games or 4 this season.

Goldy
Higgo
Ziebell
Dal Santo
Harvey
Cunners

Locks in the side.

Everyone else is on notice and should be flexible coming in and out of the side, even Petrie.

Haha even petrie? Farken ESPECIALLY Petrie! When was his last good game? Been a while. When was his last good game in a game we lost? Even longer.

Getting by on reputation

Haha even petrie? Farken ESPECIALLY Petrie! When was his last good game? Been a while. When was his last good game in a game we lost? Even longer.

Getting by on reputation
That's what I'm getting at. Dish has been the forward focal point for nearly 10 years, and this year he's been poor and needs to be on notice. I say "even Petrie" because he used to be one of our best every week and now he's playing s**t, but he's never been considered for omission, which he now should be.

Yeh well I agree. I was having a go at that idea that he should be in the team every week, rather than at you. Sorry if it came across the wrong way.

This is what I think is the crux of the problem:

Reporter: "What sort of team do you want North to become and in what sort of areas do you think you have fallen short of the mark?"

Crocker: "The type of team the players, the coaches, the supporter, the members all want is one that uh is a really hard team to beat..."

No mate, ******* no. We are a team that wants to win as many ******* flags as humanly ******* possible and to do that we have to be the ******* best and if we are the ******* best then we are going to naturally be hard to ******* beat. If your only ******* goal is just be difficult to beat that means your eye is totally off the ball in terms of what the required standard you are aiming for.

If you want to be ******* hard to beat mate then get rid of our forwrd line and push the whole ******* team into the defensive 50, it will ******* hard to score bloody anything but we still wont win jack s**t.

I can't like your post enough. LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE LIKE

Guys, got a few NM supporting mates so watched tonight and was very disappointed with what you served up and the result was semaphored in the first 15 minutes of the game, didn't come to play, didn't want to play.

Thinking your top four finish last year lulled you into believing the next step was just a couple of free agents away. Maybe the thrashing Sydney gave you in the Prelim should have signalled where I think you are.

Fair enough to have a go at a flag this year and fail, I'm not sure if you have promising youngsters coming through, but given your age profile a mini rebuild looks the way to go now.

A few of your players still in their prime seem to have gone backwards and please Lindsay Thomas stop playing for frees and just get the ball because you could do much better than you are!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back