Fyfe on Duryea

Remove this Banner Ad

Not much in it. Took his eyes off the ball and collected the player. Free kick and a fifty, which we got, is about right.

Move on.

Many are saying he shouldn't go and most are saying 'free kick and/or 50, that's it'.

The problem is the MRP has suspended players in the past for similar incidents.

I love Fyfe, would hate to see him miss a Brownlow, and generally hate to see the best players missing games. But I really can't see how he doesn't get rubbed out for this. If the AFL are serious about protecting the head, I just don't see how they can allow 100kg men turning their back on the play, and flying into the ball player leading with their forearm and making reasonably solid contact with the head.

I think on merit it deserves one or two, and even though like I said I'd hate to see him miss a Brownlow, it'd be hard to muster up much sympathy. So many reckless incidents, his luck has to run out eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

elliot yeo got 2 weeks suspension for this:

Was reduced to 1 week with an early guilty plea. Think Fyfes is worse IMO.

A key difference (putting aside MRP inconsistency and AFL's love of Fremantle) is that Duryea got up and played on, the Saints player stayed down a lot longer and made the most of it.

A key difference (putting aside MRP inconsistency and AFL's love of Fremantle) is that Duryea got up and played on, the Saints player stayed down a lot longer and made the most of it.

LOL

Webster had to go off the ground because he was bleeding and was subbed out with concussion. Durya got up and played on.

elliot yeo got 2 weeks suspension for this:

Was reduced to 1 week with an early guilty plea. Think Fyfes is worse IMO.

Well that's interesting. If Yeo got a week for that then he should go. But there's no precedent and it's a genuine roll of the dice.

Not to mention everyone kept going on about the player being subbed due to concussion - which ignored the fact he was concussed from a later event from firendly fire

Yeo shouldn't have gone and neither should Fyfe

I think a fine should suffice for something that was a little worse than clumsy, but not to miss a week

The fine was brought in for these incidents IMO

After seeing the animated gif above a few times, I think he might get a week, or a fine. He jumped, with the arm out, not even looking at the ball.

Chook lotto could do anything.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back