List Mgmt. 2015 LIST Discussion - trades, free agency etc

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Patton kicked 7 in the NEAFL this weekend, so it shouldn't be long before he is back playing in the AFL. It will be interesting to see how a forward line of Patton, Cameron & McCarthy functions. The answer to this could go a long way to determining whether Patton would ever be available for trade.

Heard he took some great contested marks. They need more picks particularly high second rounders to help with getting Hooper and Kennedy. Patton could be a real bargain but his injury history is pretty scary.

Don't think they can play all 3 together. They subbed McCarthy this week and went with just the one tall forward and the resting ruckman up forward.

You mean the probably B&F leading Zach Tuohy right?

Yes and no way would be leading the B and F, as i say, his currency wouldn't probably ever be higher than it is now, he is by no means an 'untouchable' commodity.

Yes and no way would be leading the B and F, as i say, his currency wouldn't probably ever be higher than it is now, he is by no means an 'untouchable' commodity.
Who'd be ahead of him?

He might yield pick 30 or so...he's playing well above that, probably cheap and had a top shelf attitude. He'd be in my handful of untouchables.

Who'd be ahead of him?

He might yield pick 30 or so...he's playing well above that, probably cheap and had a top shelf attitude. He'd be in my handful of untouchables.

Murphy, possibly Cripps.

I think we could possibly get a top 25 pick for him and/or perhaps a handy surplus youngster from GWS. Maybe we could package him and Yarran together for a great deal somewhere. We have to try be 'flexible' when it cost to list management, and perhaps throw an unlikely name about. But your right though, I doubt the club will trade him unless he wanted out.

Zach Tuohy should put on the trade table, just to see if he might have any currency. He's the type of player that's handy but by no means indispensable.

Yes, lets put a guy on the table that has come across the globe, kicks better than anyone in the side, busts his arse week in week out for ......................... pick 30?

I hope like hell you're not SOS DVB.

Had he been left to ply his trade at CHB he'd be be our first picked every week.

He's a natural backman. He plays forward like a defender...looking for contact and trying to read the drop. No reason he can't be a premier CHB for the next 4-5 years if we come to our senses.

I made the same points regarding his set up....sadly he was just as bad down back as up front...he doesn't want to put in mate - simple as that.

Heard he took some great contested marks. They need more picks particularly high second rounders to help with getting Hooper and Kennedy. Patton could be a real bargain but his injury history is pretty scary.

Don't think they can play all 3 together. They subbed McCarthy this week and went with just the one tall forward and the resting ruckman up forward.
GWS despite his injuries would still want an early first round pick (under 7) for Patton, even though hes had 2 knee recos. The price for a former number 1 Key Pos Forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS despite his injuries would still want an early first round pick (under 7) for Patton, even though hes had 2 knee recos. The price for a former number 1 Key Pos Forward.

Really. I can't see them getting a pick in the top 7 for him. One more knee injury and it could be game over for him. Although there is a premium on KPF.
Could see a few teams pony up a late first rounder for him tho. Would be a good fit for Freo.

I don't understand why you don't rate Touhy.

He has his flaws such as brain fades which gives away frees, and probably doesn't check his opponents close enough.

He's one of the quickest in the team, backs himself to run and break lines, and can actual dispose of the footy at an elite level. He also still has plenty of upside in my opinion, has he even played 100 games? He's a good character too and again, one of the only ones who gives his all week in, week out.

Touhy would be great to have during a rebuild, in fact I'd put him in the leadership group actually.

Plenty of talk about letting Yaz and Hendo go on this board...

It's a SUPER light draft this year guys, so Yaz and Hendo would be top 5 in this draft...

Saying that, neither will be on the table...!

Tipping the kids we could pick up at 10 and 15 would be busting their arses to get a regular gig though.

We've got two "top 5 talents", as you indicate, who aren't willing to get out of second gear.

Move 'em on. Go hard at the draft. With the salary cap space, look at a free agent or two.

An interesting exercise would be comparing the posts about Lach, Yazz & even Menzel to the posts made about Eddie, Jeffy, Robbo and every other player we regret trading.

Reckon they'd be close to near on identical.

I wonder why.

I'd be more interested in seeing if anyone regrets trading Robbo or even Jeffy. Eddie yes, but i dont remember many posts saying we wanted him to go. Plenty saying that we shouldn't pay him what Adelaide did.

I'd be more interested in seeing if anyone regrets trading Robbo or even Jeffy. Eddie yes, but i dont remember many posts saying we wanted him to go. Plenty saying that we shouldn't pay him what Adelaide did.

Malthouse and his wacko Jacko ideas have cost the Club - so much it makes me want to scream...

Plenty saying we shouldn't pay Lach what other clubs are willing to pay him.....

Re Jeffy - he's absolutely out performed all our forwards this year. We got peanuts for him. Smith has plenty of things to work out before he'll be half useful.
All the comments said about Yarran in recent weeks are carbon copy of the Jeffy posts from last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back