Roast The media....*Shakes Head* Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nah I buy it. He is pissed off at Hird for running the program and not owning up to it. Indigenous people not just in Oz, but world wide have been used as guinea pigs by medics and scientists for a couple of hundred years and they have become very weary of mystery substances and the medical experiments industry. I know of 2 big world wide genetics programs that many idigenous groups around the world have refused to participate in because the way they were treated in the past. If Ryder's wife kept pushing him to find out what the bloody hell he received, and all he got in response was - I/we don't know, then that could have caused massive stress issues between Paddy and his wife and then Paddy and Hird. It might not make medical sense to us, but when you have generations of miss trust, it isnt going to turn around overnight.

I thought Hird was a Frkwit before last night, last night he just confirmed many people belief .

The guy blames everyone else for issues he helped create.

For the best of everyone including the Essendon football club he should jump on his horse and *off!

I thought Hird was a Frkwit before last night, last night he just confirmed many people belief .

For the best of everyone including the Essendon football club he should jump on his horse and ****off!
Absolutely. Getting rid of him and getting a new coach who could start building a new culture and working with the youngsters coming through would go a long way towards gaining some respect back.

For the best of everyone including the Essendon football club he should jump on his horse and ****off!
Yes last night he didnt improve one bit. I found it really hard to watch him and not think that's a bit more bullshit or believe what he was saying. Essendon are stagnating whilst he is around. No surprise Basset wants to leave the coaching panel.

lol how Hird still has a job is one of the most bizarre business decisions in the known world. His position is so incredibly untenable for a plethora of reasons. The board hates him, hird's wife has got up everyone's goat, he bought the game into disrepute, has continually baited the AFL and even took them on in his own private battle (and lost).

It's truly a marvel.
And they are rubbish at footy, which is usually all that's needed.

The footy show played a bit from "Footy Classified" where Brendon Goddard suggested there may have been a bit more than WADA behind Paddy Ryder's departure. From the presser last night it looked like his relationship with James Hird may not have been the best as well. The initial reason he gave of the supplements being something that may have affected his and his partners attempts to conceive didn't seem all that realistic at the time, I have heard of chemicals given to the female having side effects that may be visited on the child eg thalidomide, but never chemicals given to the male.

I could be wrong, but Goddard had a wry look on his face when he said it which made me think that he wanted to say Paddy really left for the money.

The initial reason he gave of the supplements being something that may have affected his and his partners attempts to conceive didn't seem all that realistic at the time, I have heard of chemicals given to the female having side effects that may be visited on the child eg thalidomide, but never chemicals given to the male.

It was ASADA that alerted the Essendon players that certain substances could cause abnormalities in unborn babies. Whether that was true or not, Ryder had every reason to believe them. A horrendous stress for his family to deal with....and the EFC were to blame.

No wonder he wanted out.

I could be wrong, but Goddard had a wry look on his face when he said it which made me think that he wanted to say Paddy really left for the money.

If you read any thread with Essendon supporters in it they will tell you he left for Christensen reasons.

We all know Goddard left St Kilda just because of his natural love for the game and lifelong desire to play for essendon. Gave his best years to the saints and slid out he back door to ease into retirement because money wasn't that important for him. In Goddard's situation, I am sure he plays as long as essendon buys him his kit and footy boots, such is BG's love for essendon.

Goddard shits me as much as Hird, ******* hypocrite. He bailed on the Saints when he knew a rough patch was coming, then acts like he is the poster boy for essendon loyalty.

We all know Goddard left St Kilda just because of his natural love for the game and lifelong desire to play for essendon. Gave his best years to the saints and slid out he back door to ease into retirement because money wasn't that important for him. In Goddard's situation, I am sure he plays as long as essendon buys him his kit and footy boots, such is BG's love for essendon.

Goddard shits me as much as Hird, ******* hypocrite. He bailed on the Saints when he knew a rough patch was coming, then acts like he is the poster boy for essendon loyalty.

Goddard is a flog who seems to pop up when the going is good and gets treated as something elite by the media

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It was ASADA that alerted the Essendon players that certain substances could cause abnormalities in unborn babies. Whether that was true or not, Ryder had every reason to believe them. A horrendous stress for his family to deal with....and the EFC were to blame.

No wonder he wanted out.

Yep. This story didn't get anywhere near as much press as it should have. Gross violation of duty of care. I wonder where worksafe victoria are with their investigation?

Yes last night he didnt improve one bit. I found it really hard to watch him and not think that's a bit more bullshit or believe what he was saying. Essendon are stagnating whilst he is around. No surprise Basset wants to leave the coaching panel.

Yep. I reckon most coaches would watch his presser and quietly remind themselves why they stay humble and resist from playing the victim (re Ryder being lucky, them being unlucky, the umpires etc).

It appears that years of talking bullshit and shifting the blame onto others has now just become second nature for Hird, and once again he's making headlines for all the wrong reasons.

It appears that years of talking bullshit and shifting the blame onto others has now just become second nature for Hird, and once again he's making headlines for all the wrong reasons.
Its-Not-A-Lie-If-You-Believe-It-Seinfeld.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back