Universal Love Not Boo-ing Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Why you skirting the question at hand? You've said a bit on this issue but you refuse to answer a simple question.

Do you believe the people that are booing Goodes are doing so because they are racist??
Yeah bro that's what I think. They were booing him because he's been outspoken on issues they don't belive are worthy. Why else would they boo him?

I'm not a white skinned anglo saxon Australian.

I do consider myself a very proud Australian though.

The one question that I find myself asking, whenever I hear "white" Australians talk about "Australians" is are they actually including me as Australian when they are saying that?

When someone looks at me for the first time, in their heads am I considered "Australian"? or do I need to first explain my history to them and prove that I am in fact "Australian" enough.

It may seem really stupid, but I have these thoughts multiple times every single day and it never goes away. I think This is because growing up I've become so used to being excluded that I just really yearn to be included in the society that I grew up in and love.

I couldn't imagine what it would be like to grow up as an aboriginal in Australia.
This is an interesting question and one that ive thought about on multiple occaisions. Im 7th generation born in Australia of an anglo saxon family. I recognise my british history but i consider myself first and foremost an Australian.

Thats where i draw the line.

When i think of 'Australians' I dont think of one ethnic group. I think of Australia as it is, an amalgamation of all the cultures in the world.

To me being Australian isnt about where you were born, or your ancestors were born, but where you consider your home to be.

This is an interesting question and one that ive thought about on multiple occaisions. Im 7th generation born in Australia of an anglo saxon family. I recognise my british history but i consider myself first and foremost an Australian.

Thats where i draw the line.

When i think of 'Australians' I dont think of one ethnic group. I think of Australia as it is, an amalgamation of all the cultures in the world.

To me being Australian isnt about where you were born, or your ancestors were born, but where you consider your home to be.

This.

If you've been to cities, that never close down, from New York, to Rio, and old London town, yet no matter how far, or how wide you roam, do you still call, Australia, home?

If yes, you're Australian. :D

maybe people don't like him because they perceive him as a dirty player or they see him as a protected species? (Didn't he get off of a report that he really should have missed a match or two for) why did people boo Buckley? Why do port people boo tex?

He's no more dirty than anyone else... why single him out? Why not like him for something common with every other player?

And don't bring Port into this, we were having a civil discussion and you stoop to Port comparisons.

Buckley did.
All and sundry booed Bucks for the same reason.

Adam Goodes gets booed for different reasons. Some people just don't like him. Some people don't like the way he stands up for what he believes in. Some people don't like him because he's black, but probably cheer when Eddie Betts kicks a goal.

There is a difference, because booing Adam Goodes hasnt been "a thing" his whole career.

Choppychester, you didn't need to make two accounts one here and "Demon Inda Sack" on the port board for the same thread topic. You are allowed to post on other teams boards.
What you talking bout fool? I wouldn't go near a Port forum... can they read?

See I ain't that anti racism when it comes to that feral species...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adam Goodes gets booed for different reasons. Some people just don't like him. Some people don't like the way he stands up for what he believes in. Some people don't like him because he's black, but probably cheer when Eddie Betts kicks a goal.

There is a difference, because booing Adam Goodes hasnt been "a thing" his whole career.
The reasons you listed are mainly race related reasons... you telling me they weren't being racist?

I doubt very much that Buckley was booed from the start of his career. I just can't understand how white people can be booed for any reasons, but as soon as someone like Goodes is booed it's because they are racist, it can't be because of their personality or what they do on the footy field.
Sure some people are booing because they are racist and that is not on.
But not everyone is and not everyone has to like Goodes.

Yeah bro that's what I think. They were booing him because he's been outspoken on issues they don't belive are worthy. Why else would they boo him?

Ye sure some may be booing him because they are racist but to apply a generalisation that all those that boo him are racists is a load of wank. There are many reasons he is booed.
Some may not like him
Some may boo him because he is a great player. Yes other greats have been booed, this isn't a new phenomenon
Some have said that he is a sniper
Some may not like the way he goes about delivering his message.
Some believe that his actions a divisive.

Yet we have the media taking a broad brush approach to this and labeling ALL those that boo him as racist. Seriously the racist card has no limitations in this country and is used as a convenient tool to push your own agenda.

I posted in this thread earlier a link to the racial vilification law. It's interesting to read and then make your own interpretation on how that relates to Goodes actions on the field.
So based on this law why isn't Goodes held to account for his actions.

I watch most games... doesn't come across at all like a dirty player.
So the MRP and umpires are wrong now too??

I suggest you check out his MRP record..

The rule for sliding in and taking players legs away from under them was changed almost solely because of Adam's repeated actions.

Why you skirting the question at hand? You've said a bit on this issue but you refuse to answer a simple question.

Do you believe the people that are booing Goodes are doing so because they are racist??
Some people boo Goodes because they're racists, some people boo him because they don't like him as a person, some boo him because they think he's a dirty player, some people are sheep following the crowd and others are just morons. The reason they boo him doesn't really matter, and here's why:

The booing has gotten to the point where it is being interpreted by the aboriginal community as being racially driven. Now knowing that fact, and still choosing to boo him makes you a what:

Option A: racist
Option B: moron
Option C: troll
Option D: all of the above

I doubt very much that Buckley was booed from the start of his career. I just can't understand how white people can be booed for any reasons, but as soon as someone like Goodes is booed it's because they are racist, it can't be because of their personality or what they do on the footy field.
Sure some people are booing because they are racist and that is not on.
But not everyone is and not everyone has to like Goodes.
The point was Bucks got booed for one reason, and for most of his career.

It's only recently that people have booed Goodes, and it's getting worse. I can accept booing because you genuinely don't like him, but if it's helping to mask the boos of racist ****s, why would you?

Is it really that hard to stop booing a guy if it means you'll be helping to expose an element of society that isn't welcome at the footy?

Trying to pretend this is a normal case of "just booing some flog" is narrow minded IMO.

The point was Bucks got booed for one reason, and for most of his career.

It's only recently that people have booed Goodes, and it's getting worse. I can accept booing because you genuinely don't like him, but if it's helping to mask the boos of racist ****s, why would you?

Is it really that hard to stop booing a guy if it means you'll be helping to expose an element of society that isn't welcome at the footy?

Trying to pretend this is a normal case of "just booing some flog" is narrow minded IMO.
I think you'll find he's been booed for awhile just the media has run with it since his war dance.
And yes it will be damn hard to stop people booing, because there are a heap of dickheads out there.

Some people boo Goodes because they're racists, some people boo him because they don't like him as a person, some boo him because they think he's a dirty player, some people are sheep following the crowd and others are just morons. The reason they boo him doesn't really matter, and here's why:

The booing has gotten to the point where it is being interpreted by the aboriginal community as being racially driven. Now knowing that fact, and still choosing to boo him makes you a what:

Option A: racist
Option B: moron
Option C: troll
Option D: all of the above

If its racially driven then why aren't all indigenous players booed, why is he being singled out?

If its racially driven then why aren't all indigenous players booed, why is he being singled out?
Why was Jobe Watson booed when we know 34 Essendon players injected? and as I said, there are an array of reasons people might feel the need to boo Goodes, but the booing is now becoming a symbol of racism. Do you want to be associated with that? Please answer my question!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back