Universal Love Not Boo-ing Goodes

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read a lot of the comments on bigfooty from people defending their right to boo Adam Goodes and the thing is, a lot of the comments are usually a politically correct version of "black people are OK as long as they know their place". Those sentiments come from socially conditioned racist beliefs, whether the people making them realise it or not.

RUBBISH. I won't boo Goodes but this is just rubbish. Why is it that someone can come out and call Australia Day invasion day and no one can question that? I respect Indigenous people who actually try and help and fix the problem by doing something about it rather than just making infammatory and divisive remarks to get attention for himself.

RUBBISH. I won't boo Goodes but this is just rubbish. Why is it that someone can come out and call Australia Day invasion day and no one can question that? I respect Indigenous people who actually try and help and fix the problem by doing something about it rather than just making infammatory and divisive remarks to get attention for himself.
109b7-some_men_just_want_to_watch_the_world_burn.gif

So celebrating Australia Day on the day indigenous people were invaded by english people isn't divisive? o_O

Right so now we can't have Australia Day. Ok let's shut that down too. Anything else? So let's make a list of things we must do to please Indigenous people and when we get to the end of it there'll be no more excuses and maybe they'll have to start helping themselves rather than just coming up with things to blame the white man for.

The fact that Goodes is being booed proves that all he's done is divided and helped stuff race relations rather than inspired people of both races to fix things and be better to each other. He's created resentment and set relations back rather than going forward.

Michael Long spoke out about aboriginal issues and didnt get booed like goodes, we were less educated about racism 20 years ago.

Harry OBrien has spoken out about racism and he doesn't get booed.

If what you say is the reason goodes get booed why didn't these players receive the same vitriol.
Harry O?

So the MRP and umpires are wrong now too??

I suggest you check out his MRP record..

The rule for sliding in and taking players legs away from under them was changed almost solely because of Adam's repeated actions.
He's no Dermie or Pickett... take away his advocacy roles and he wouldn't stand above any other player

The fact that Goodes is being booed proves that all he's done is divided and helped stuff race relations rather than inspired people of both races to fix things and be better to each other. He's created resentment and set relations back rather than going forward.
He's actually brought the issue out so we can discuss it like we are doing here. It's exposing peoples inherent racism. He is not the problem - the racism is the problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the same Crows people that cheer Eddie's name each and every week that from this week onwards boo Goodes are racist?

Hmmmm:confused:

Unless Goodes commits a dog act on the field, if you continue to boo Adam Goodes, you're either extremely dim or racist or most likely both.

Why does cheering Eddie Betts excuse you from being a racist?

He is booed because he is a s**t bloke simple nothing to do with his colour of skin there have been plenty of white players who were constantly booed why aren't we making an issue of that?

Unless Goodes commits a dog act on the field, if you continue to boo Adam Goodes, you're either extremely dim or racist or most likely both.

Why does cheering Eddie Betts excuse you from being a racist?

Generally by definition racists hate a certain race with little to no exceptions.

Extending on from your post, if Goodes takes a cheap shot of one of our players he is fair game again according to you, opens up a grey area?

So when Goodes like every other opposition player lines up for goal the crowd are not allowed to boo him to distract him?

I never booed the guy, actually I have never booed a player in general that I can recollect unless they are lining up for goals, which supporters have done for decades.

He is booed because he is a s**t bloke simple nothing to do with his colour of skin there have been plenty of white players who were constantly booed why aren't we making an issue of that?
When even the intellectual dunce Stephen Rowe can see the racism involved it makes you wonder how deep the dim pit goes when you can't see what the issue is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back