Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

Which 1 of these players will be the best? Hartlett vs Martin vs Ziebell vs Shuey

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ziebell should have ended up with 5-6 last night. Martins the better player no doubt. But I think ziebell could be the better forward in time. Other than attack on the footy, he leads this group in ability in the air. Shame he lacks a yard of pace and is relatively unfit.

They say what the audience wants to hear which in last nights case was probably mainly North supporters. Ziebell is not as far behind Martin as most in this thread say though. He was very good last night.
Martin had been outstanding this year. I would love to see a forward shoot out between Ziebell and Martin.

Capability to be better in total

I spose as a biased North supporter I can believe he is capable of being better. It's pretty random for them to pull the comparison out though.
They don't read this forum do they?

Hey Carey, try to have as many kids as you can. We'd love a few junior Carey's

They say what the audience wants to hear which in last nights case was probably mainly North supporters. Ziebell is not as far behind Martin as most in this thread say though. He was very good last night.

Probably right.

I spose as a biased North supporter I can believe he is capable of being better. It's pretty random for them to pull the comparison out though.
They don't read this forum do they?

Hey Carey, try to have as many kids as you can. We'd love a few junior Carey's

Probably right.
In all honesty, it wasn't a question of who was a better player, but who was the better forward between the two of them. Martin is ahead, but Ziebell isn't massively behind, both great to watch for anyone. Ziebell crashes packs and Martin so bloody strong in the contest.

Dusty was good today without being his game breaking best. Our leading possession gatherer, but lids was clear BOG.

I saw most of the Port game, thought Hartlett was very solid.

Actually went to the north game and loved ziebells game, he's fantastic forward

Dusty was good today without being his game breaking best. Our leading possession gatherer, but lids was clear BOG.

I saw most of the Port game, thought Hartlett was very solid.

Actually went to the north game and loved ziebells game, he's fantastic forward
We want Ziebell to stay there forward and rotate with cunnington, who is one of the best marks for a bloke his size.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We want Ziebell to stay there forward and rotate with cunnington, who is one of the best marks for a bloke his size.

Imo you don't need him as much in the midfield, he should be forward 60% of every game

If ziebull plays forward more teams will start treating him with respect and putting better defenders on him and his forward performance will dip.
True, but he is awkward match up and we can always change things up through Cunnington playing forward, or Harvey as a crumbing forward etc.

Having watched the tigers game properly (was at a family gathering so was watching it on and off live) I think I can upgrade Martins performance to very good. He was the difference with Lids when the game was in the balance. Hit his head hard on the turf late in the third and played forward the rest of the game so didn't have as much impact late. Over the first three he was immense through in the midfield.

Absolute bull

Last edited:
AFLCA Votes

Martin 9
Ziebell 4

I didn't watch the Tigers game but probably about right for Ziebell. He was great in the last but had a lot of quiet patches throughout the game.

What's the totals look like?
I'm guessing Martin would be ahead by now. Ziebell hasn't been as good over the last month

AFLCA totals to round 16

Martin 45. 10-Freo, 9- Saints, 8-Port, 7- Eagles, 6- Ess, 2- Lions, 2- GWS, 1- Dogs

Ziebell 33. 10- Ess, 8-Eagles, 5- Tiges, 4- Lions, 4- Ess, 2-Cats

Shuey 22. 10- Saints, 4- Carl, 3- GWS, 3- Crows, 2-Suns

Hartlett 2- North

Top 10 for comparison

100 Nat Fyfe (Frem)
75 Dan Hannebery (Syd)
62 Todd Goldstein (NM)
59 Andrew Gaff (WC)
55 Scott Pendlebury (Coll)
53 David Armitage (St K)
50 Dayne Beams (Bris)
50 Matt Priddis (WC)