List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I would be extraordinarily shocked if the top 2 picks of a draft 2 years ago would be traded out with in 24 months. They would have to have serious concerns about his quality to allow it to happen. Especially if they are losing the player who's name rhymes with Peeloar.

I would be extraordinarily shocked if the top 2 picks of a draft 2 years ago would be traded out with in 24 months. They would have to have serious concerns about his quality to allow it to happen.
Either that, or they have a s**t-tonne of equivalent talent tucked away due to having had an unprecedented amount of extraordinarily generous start-up concessions and now having a production line more coming through their academy....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would lose my s**t if we landed Kelly, he is exactly what we need!
Unless they do an absolutely remarkable job of getting everyone to stay around on considerably less money than they could get elsewhere, there are very likely to be Kelly types leaving GWS over the next couple of years.

So many of their list have re-signed until the end of 2017 and that also happens to be the last year of their salary cap concessions, so something is going to have to give as that time gets closer, unless, as I said, they are somehow able to get them all to re-sign for considerably less than they could get elsewhere, or if some of them are happy to keep playing regular NEAFL footy when they could be playing senior AFL footy.

We'll be in as good a position as probably anyone to get any that fall loose, as we'll have the salary cap space required to pay them and probably the draft picks to get the deals done.

The academies will also probably make things easier for clubs like us who are trying to do a deal. In the past, they wouldn't have had much interest in say our 2nd or 3rd rounders, but now all they care about is getting the required points to be able to select those they have in their academy and they won't care if they come from 1st, 2nd or 3rd rounders, just as long as they get the job done.

Unless they do an absolutely remarkable job of getting everyone to stay around on considerably less money than they could get elsewhere, there are very likely to be Kelly types leaving GWS over the next couple of years.

So many of their list have re-signed until the end of 2017 and that also happens to be the last year of their salary cap concessions, so something is going to have to give as that time gets closer, unless, as I said, they are somehow able to get them all to re-sign for considerably less than they could get elsewhere, or if some of them are happy to keep playing regular NEAFL footy when they could be playing senior AFL footy.
Yep I agree they don't stand a chance of retaining all that talent, it's impossible. The key to being able to match it with this plastic powerhouse is to pouncing on that talent when the opportunity presents.

Yep I agree they don't stand a chance of retaining all that talent, it's impossible. The key to being able to match it with this plastic powerhouse is to pouncing on that talent when the opportunity presents.
I did it already.

No sign of Player Jelly though. Someone mentioned we're in a jam and another was blowing raspberries.

Must be that Jloekhurst that was referred to earlier. I'd happily give pick 5 for him or her. How many draft busts have there been with players with surnames starting with Jl?

I did it already.

No sign of Player Jelly though. Someone mentioned we're in a jam and another was blowing raspberries.

Must be that Jloekhurst that was referred to earlier. I'd happily give pick 5 for him or her. How many draft busts have there been with players with surnames starting with Jl?
This code is way to confusing! Who did you come up with?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back