Goulburn Valley FL 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seymour looked very good today with there style of play. Seem to have Kyabrams measure now with two zip so far for the year.

They might be in a bit of trouble if the video picks up Bongettis hit on Morgan behind play just before three quarter time, as a few of the Seymour plays walk a bit taller with him out there.

Next Year:

No such thing as behind play anymore, with 6 officiating umpires there is no reason not to see any incident on the ground - AFLVIC cleaned up the Diamond Valley FL with its reputation as a thugs league, it might be time for them to have a crack at the GVFL if the umpires cant take control and help their Tribunal and more importantly their league stamp out blokes who engage in piss weak cowardly behaviour as you have reported above, on the field in any game on any day.

Next Year:

No such thing as behind play anymore, with 6 officiating umpires there is no reason not to see any incident on the ground - AFLVIC cleaned up the Diamond Valley FL with its reputation as a thugs league, it might be time for them to have a crack at the GVFL if the umpires cant take control and help their Tribunal and more importantly their league stamp out blokes who engage in piss weak cowardly behaviour as you have reported above, on the field in any game on any day.
Had a very interesting conversation yesterday with the major player of this 'CLEAN UP'.
It had little to do with AFLVIC but more of a change of the leagues tribunal/ appeal procedure .
A local league has previously looked into similar but is allegedly not permissible within AFL VIC Country .
In regards to the tribunal the GVFL admin have used people moved on by others, whilst they have also tried to poach people who have involvement in other leagues tribunal process with little success.
Don't know if true but believe there has been a lot of unhappiness with the tribunal this year ?

Boys just wondering what you can tell me about a coach Perry Meka...He is currently assistant coach up here in the QAFL at Labrador and has applied for the coaching job at our club. Im sure he coached down in the GVFL?

Boys just wondering what you can tell me about a coach Perry Meka...He is currently assistant coach up here in the QAFL at Labrador and has applied for the coaching job at our club. Im sure he coached down in the GVFL?
If you want your club to go broke, loose all your volunteers and loyal players, have run ins with umpires and league officials, loose profits from your canteen from disappearing pies, then go for it.!

Strange question big nose......I'm not stupid and this is on the nose
Perry Meka, promised to pay for alot of the players he brought to the club, but in the end failed to do so, and Perry is still the yzes manager...
Post by: pinocchio, Nov 16, 2010 in forum: Goulburn Valley FL

Surely Big nose isn't the man himself??
Couldn't possibly be, his mate Booooooooooooooofa79 (Now under a different pseudonym?) said that Pez would never be seen on such forums. Others assumed that literacy may have been the issue. Still, Pinocchio does tell lies and Pez did tell the Tribunal that he would never use the language alleged at that night game at Deakin.

Couldn't possibly be, his mate Booooooooooooooofa79 (Now under a different pseudonym?) said that Pez would never be seen on such forums. Others assumed that literacy may have been the issue. Still, Pinocchio does tell lies and Pez did tell the Tribunal that he would never use the language alleged at that night game at Deakin.
Now Woody we'd all trust Pez...surely to God?? otherwise I might ride off into the sunset on my chopper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How have the Tatura boys performed this season for your club Matthew Daniel, Bill Hicks, Jaydan Young and Chris Ryan ?

Just what we needed in the GV again this week........ANOTHER split round.
Seriously the season is being made 4 weeks longer than is needed just to be the last GF played in Vic.
Either start the season 4 weeks later and close clearances to suit or finish earlier. This must be addressed next year.

I've said it for years and it's actually embarrassing the amount of split rounds that the GVFL have every year.

I've said it for years and it's actually embarrassing the amount of split rounds that the GVFL have every year.
It's so people all over Victoria and Melbourne can go to Deakin the day after the AFL GF!:cool: ....Reality is no one CBF'KD travelling to the game apart from those within an hour or two and not sure that Shepparton would be a destination for a day out! The AFL GF should be the end of the footy season! hang on..got to go and organise tickets for uncle Barry from Portland for the GV GF:thumbsdown:

Just checking the results and WOW. Shermo kicks 5 and named best. Is it the water up there or is he on something. Is his knee now fine.. Lol

It's so people all over Victoria and Melbourne can go to Deakin the day after the AFL GF!:cool: ....Reality is no one CBF'KD travelling to the game apart from those within an hour or two and not sure that Shepparton would be a destination for a day out! The AFL GF should be the end of the footy season! hang on..got to go and organise tickets for uncle Barry from Portland for the GV GF:thumbsdown:

COGS could build a wharf!

Play 22 rounds
Or play eighteen and start later and finish earlier and let people get back into cricket and tennis. Is it possible that when young blokes look at the calendar during pre-season and see it stretching from the first week in April until the last week in September some of them become a little unwilling to commit to a full season? Could the season begin at the end of April and go until mid September?

Or play eighteen and start later and finish earlier and let people get back into cricket and tennis. Is it possible that when young blokes look at the calendar during pre-season and see it stretching from the first week in April until the last week in September some of them become a little unwilling to commit to a full season? Could the season begin at the end of April and go until mid September?
IIRC there is generally 26 weeks inclusive of Easter and the last weekend in September .
20 rounds, 4 weeks of finals , interleague bye and vic country v vic metro bye . Start Easter finish last week in sept.

Is it possible that when young blokes look at the calendar during pre-season and see it stretching from the first week in April until the last week in September some of them become a little unwilling to commit to a full season?

No;), I'd say none of them would even look at the draw during pre-season and certainly wouldn't use that as a deciding factor as to whether they would commit or not. Yes season is too long though, but in saying that I'm more than happy to have a bye every 6 weeks:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back