Preview Rd 19. GC SUNS v Brisbane Lions @ The Gabba - Saturday 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Giving Schade a public spray achieves what?
Ahh I was referring to his "chat" to Lynchy. Have said a few times that Shady is going to b a good player, if Steve didn't tell him what he was doing wrong then he, (Maysie), would not b doing his job as a leader of the backline..?

Weird game. 137 LESS possessions but we won almost quite comfortably.

That's what having a master coach achieves
He's been able to change our game plan to take advantage of our strengths at the moment which is defence and the spine and placed less reliance on the mids who are the possession monkeys
Quite brilliant really
Watch him tweak it again when we welcome back the fab four and their 35 disposal apiece games

Hall was amazing. 28 disposals, 82% efficiency, 1 goal and 3 goal assists! He is starting to play really good now.

I said it last week and I'll say it again, get Aaron Hall's manager on the phone on Monday and let's get his contract sorted ASAP. It's dangerous to be showcasing a player playing as a gun mid that is 3 games away from being out of contract.

They will have to find a way to get him some midfield time next year.

Club's where already sniffing around a month ago. His price just went up $60k pa after the last 2 games, he does this again next week his price is going up $100k more than it was 3 weeks ago and there will be less available for Dicko.

That's what having a master coach achieves
He's been able to change our game plan to take advantage of our strengths at the moment which is defence and the spine and placed less reliance on the mids who are the possession monkeys
Quite brilliant really
Watch him tweak it again when we welcome back the fab four and their 35 disposal apiece games

giphy-Dr-Evil.gif

I said it last week and I'll say it again, get Aaron Hall's manager on the phone on Monday and let's get his contract sorted ASAP. It's dangerous to be showcasing a player playing as a gun mid that is 3 games away from being out of contract.

They will have to find a way to get him some midfield time next year.

Club's where already sniffing around a month ago. His price just went up $60k pa after the last 2 games, he does this again next week his price is going up $100k more than it was 3 weeks ago and there will be less available for Dicko.

Who could have known ?

i love nicholls's face haha, always a joker.

bit of a scrappy game at times, but we looked alright for the most part. we kind of let the lions run loose a bit with the possessions, but our pressure was fairly good when they tried to handball quickly.

hall was bloody brilliant. i've been pretty harsh on hall for... well pretty much forever haha. but he was great! lynch was awesome once again. pretty good signs, hopefully we can build some form for the last few games.

Who could have known ?

Nobody could have seen this coming a month ago. Hell I was calling for him to be delisted before he hit his straps earlier this year. I didn't know he had not had any real pre-season until the last couple of weeks.

But once he played a good half in the midfield vs Adelaide he did well at taking opportunity so we needed to have the radar up to keep an eye on him. Once he starred last week in the midfield against WCE and we knew he was going be playing there for the rest of the year that was the tipping point and someone should have been chatting to his management. His price was only ever going north once he was in good form and getting the chance to play on the ball and rack up these numbers.

Once you decide you want a player who is coming out of contract you don't **** around and let him drive the price up on you.

Who knows maybe the club has been in contact with his management over the last couple of weeks. Maybe his management couldn't get any answers from GCS earlier in the year and now he is telling them he wants to wait until the end of the year to maximise his contract and get a bidding war going for him (e.g. Levi Greenwood circa 2015).

It is great for us that he is turning the corner as a player, and great for him that he is doing so before he is about to come out of contract, as in the last 6 weeks he has gone from a bloke who might have been stacking shelves at Coles next year to filling his boots with more AFL cash than he would have thought possible.

His situation reminds me of Rod Tidwell from Jerry Maguire. Unwanted by his everyone and then comes good and becomes a hot commodity - hopefully he wants to remain a Sun Devil and get paid Arizona, sorry, Gold Coast dollars.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Harbrow, Lynch, Matera, McKenzie, Rischitelli & Shaw combo get the job done again in the QClash.

2rbRyuO.jpg

PwrzT8b.jpg

lBoQlg8.jpg

Z5hakWA.jpg

Weird game. 137 LESS possessions but we won almost quite comfortably.
Must be a Brisbane trait - saw exactly the same thing in NEAFL game earlier today - Suns lost all Stats - disposals , marks , hit outs etc - but won by 89 points. Maybe a few Lions are trying to stay in the pride rather than playing for the team.......meaningless disposals for stat purposes only....

Hall and Lynch won that game for us. Outstanding.
Matera was pretty good as well.
Daylight 4th.
Nobody else was better than 'OK' and a few were very disappointing.

That is a either a good sign for us or a bad sign for Brisbane. A bit of both maybe?

Our makeshift midfield got found out a bit, not surprising.
Our forward line is pretty much 1st choice (Lynch, Dixon, Matera and Martin with Harley pushing forward every chance he gets) and was just too efficient and good for the Lions.

Hall and Lynch won that game for us. Outstanding.
Matera was pretty good as well.
Daylight 4th.
Nobody else was better than 'OK' and a few were very disappointing.

That is a either a good sign for us or a bad sign for Brisbane. A bit of both maybe?

Our makeshift midfield got found out a bit, not surprising.
Our forward line is pretty much 1st choice (Lynch, Dixon, Matera and Martin with Harley pushing forward every chance he gets) and was just too efficient and good for the Lions.
May was solid with his angry pills, Lonergan did a good job on Rockliff. Plenty of players down and shows the importance of key forwards. Few of those boys will struggle to get a game next season.

We are a 6 goal better team at home. We played alright and got the result we were looking for. Can't complain about that. Lynch was again just awesome. Hall had a breakout game, showing signs of the player we want him to be.

One thing though, Harbrow's kicking needs some serious work over the pre-season.

Thought the team played better last week against the Eagles TBH. A lot of passengers. Brisbane took us down to their level for a lot of that match. Saadie's worst game for the club - I think he needs a rest, didn't see one of his trademark dashes, hardly sighted. Want him in tip top shape for next year.
Will be very exciting to see him, Gaz, Swallow, Dion, O'Meara, Bennell, Martin, Touk and Garlett etc. all fit and playing together. Best thing about this season is in Touk, Jesse and Aaron, we now appear to have more midfield depth.
Mal did a couple of the things we paid him big bucks for, but for the most part looked and played like an old man out there. Lemmens..hmmm? Not a first team regular but I think most of us knew that already.
Best thing about that result is that it looks like we are safe from the dreaded spoon. Third pick looks to be ours (little bit of a bummer because I was keen on Weitering). Also we've helped Brisbane get Schache.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back