Preview Rd 19. GC SUNS v Brisbane Lions @ The Gabba - Saturday 4:40pm

Remove this Banner Ad

We are a 6 goal better team at home. We played alright and got the result we were looking for. Can't complain about that. Lynch was again just awesome. Hall had a breakout game, showing signs of the player we want him to be.

One thing though, Harbrow's kicking needs some serious work over the pre-season.
Not a fan of his forward spinning drop punt? He looked dangerous early up forward but his kicking sgain let him down.

Our small defenders were pretty dreadful last night. They gave away 3-4 easy goals through skill error and poor decision making which made the game much closer than it should have been.

Saads looks pretty cooked from a long 1st season. Lemmens has a terrible case of the 2nd yr blues. McKenzie was back to his poor form again last night.

Our small defenders were pretty dreadful last night. They gave away 3-4 easy goals through skill error and poor decision making which made the game much closer than it should have been.

Saads looks pretty cooked from a long 1st season. Lemmens has a terrible case of the 2nd yr blues. McKenzie was back to his poor form again last night.

Saad looks cooked after a sensational year.

Saad needs to be rested for the remainder of the year IMO.

Schade looks pretty cooked too. His kicking is all over the place, his spacial awareness is shot, and as always, his confidence under pressure is almost non-existent. Don't know what his issue is, but maybe a stint in the seconds would do him some good. I'd say bring Leslie in for him, but he's gone for the season too. Not really anybody who can come in to replace him, especially if Saad goes.

Schade back to the 2nds, put Saad on ice. Bring in Garlett and Wright. Throw Day back. Shaw could probably also go back too.
You could give Stanley a run in the backline. An experienced head with fresh legs to bolster things up for the remainder of the season.
Agreed with both of these.

Garlett and Wright deserve a shot in the 1st again, and Day should be moved to defence with Schade and Thompson gone. Unsure about Shaw at the moment. He had a decent game yesterday but has been coasting along without much impact the entire year. If we were to drop Shaw, I'd like to see Downie get a shot.

Completely agree with Stanley. Definitely need his physicality and aggression back in the squad.

safe to say Rocket wasn't happy with Matera at halftime

Quarter time huddle:

Slim Schadey: "Hey Fish where are you mate? I've saved a spot down the front for you .."
[no response]
Slim Schadey: "FISH?"
Nichols: "Hey here he is - He's behind me"
Slim Schadey "C'mon Fish, get in here quick before Rocket comes"
Fish: Öh its ok - I'm fine back here .. thanks anyway"..
[Nichols moves aside & pushes Fish forward]
Fish: ""Mutter, mutter, campaigner, mutter mutter ..""

Agreed with both of these.

Garlett and Wright deserve a shot in the 1st again, and Day should be moved to defence with Schade and Thompson gone. Unsure about Shaw at the moment. He had a decent game yesterday but has been coasting along without much impact the entire year. If we were to drop Shaw, I'd like to see Downie get a shot.

Completely agree with Stanley. Definitely need his physicality and aggression back in the squad.
Agree, let's not forget Wrights contract is only 2 years and he can walk after next season. We want him tasting senior footy and excited to be part of it. Potentially he becomes the starting ff if Dixon is silly enough to leave

Schade back to the 2nds, put Saad on ice. Bring in Garlett and Wright. Throw Day back. Shaw could probably also go back too.

I think people forget there is not much to replace players with in the reserves , if Schade was rested we would maybe have to bring in Josh Hall.

I think people forget there is not much to replace players with in the reserves , if Schade was rested we would maybe have to bring in Josh Hall.
michael-scott-no.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We need to either win this by 50+ or lose to make it in anyway a positive. A 20 point win and losing pick 2 will only infuriate me
Hey Iva mate, How you doin'?

Nobody could have seen this coming a month ago. Hell I was calling for him to be delisted before he hit his straps earlier this year. I didn't know he had not had any real pre-season until the last couple of weeks.

But once he played a good half in the midfield vs Adelaide he did well at taking opportunity so we needed to have the radar up to keep an eye on him. Once he starred last week in the midfield against WCE and we knew he was going be playing there for the rest of the year that was the tipping point and someone should have been chatting to his management. His price was only ever going north once he was in good form and getting the chance to play on the ball and rack up these numbers.

Once you decide you want a player who is coming out of contract you don't **** around and let him drive the price up on you.

Who knows maybe the club has been in contact with his management over the last couple of weeks. Maybe his management couldn't get any answers from GCS earlier in the year and now he is telling them he wants to wait until the end of the year to maximise his contract and get a bidding war going for him (e.g. Levi Greenwood circa 2015).

It is great for us that he is turning the corner as a player, and great for him that he is doing so before he is about to come out of contract, as in the last 6 weeks he has gone from a bloke who might have been stacking shelves at Coles next year to filling his boots with more AFL cash than he would have thought possible.

His situation reminds me of Rod Tidwell from Jerry Maguire. Unwanted by his everyone and then comes good and becomes a hot commodity - hopefully he wants to remain a Sun Devil and get paid Arizona, sorry, Gold Coast dollars.
jerry-maguire-8-1024x640.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back