Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more I think about it, the more I realise that the only two issues I've had with us this year are
A] Awful depth
B] Lack of grunt in the midfield

I think if we can fix these issues, those 5 games below 2 goals would have been wins with ease and we'd be in a different position. We'd be able to compete much easier against teams like the Dogs or Swans who both dominated us this season, and our defense wouldn't get so exhausted and be consistently exposed, as well as our forward line actually being able to get the ball on occasion and not look like a pile of dicks.

The more I think about it, the more I really hope we keep our picks for some solid depth in the midfield.

Polec chose Port about a year before the move became known. He never had the slightest intention of going to Adelaide.
He wouldn't have met with the crows during the trade period if that was the case, they offered him 300k + sponsorships and he thought about for a second and decided to join us on way less money.

He wouldn't have met with the crows during the trade period if that was the case, they offered him 300k + sponsorships and he thought about for a second and decided to join us on way less money.

Polec would have met with Adelaide out of respect for his good friend Brodie Smith. They might have had a pact to play together at the same club one day.

Polec would have met with Adelaide out of respect for his good friend Brodie Smith. They might have had a pact to play together at the same club one day.

Brodie Smiths contract runs out at the end of next season doesn't it? ;)

he aint going anywhere. players simply dont move between port and the crows. I think its cos adelaide is too small and they know the crap they will cop from the pissants
I agree with ya, it won't happen. I was joking via the wink.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

yeah i know... is he really that good? he had a great year last year but this year not so much?

Polec and Smith on the wings (with White moved to half forward flank) would be amazing. He fits a need.

i dont watch crows games, and he has no personality that stands out, so i always get him mixed up on the occasion i do watch.

That's enough internet for today. No Dixon, No Smith. I bet you would take Fyfe off freos hands though.

Matthew Bode,Rhett Biglands,Ian Downsborough,Brad Symes are just a few I can think of.I am sure there are more?

Oh man, as I was typing it I was thinking someone would bring up those few insignificant ones from the distant past. Point was it very rarely happens, and I don't think it would ever happen with a top player the club wants to keep. This is cos of the community stigma that would go with it.

There hasn't been a lot move in recent years. Most of the movement between the 2 clubs was 90s and 00s.
Adelaide (the club) are too worried that their ignorant fans would see any player going to Port doing well and ignore the benefit they got out of any deal and now won't do anything with Port that doesn't involve a dark alley and a jar of lube.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back