Where Do the Swans Go From Here?

Remove this Banner Ad

Did you seriously just call a sponsorship deal a handout? Wow!
I hope you're been drinking and delete your ridiculous post when you sober up tomorrow.
Go back and re-read the posts. You're applying a double standard, clear and simple. And your club is accused of arrogance, gee I wonder why!

Let me tell you, I'll be cheering hard for the Cats tonight.

Lol. "Sponsorship".

You guys are hilarious.

You should look at what the Tasmanian Govt said about the sponsorship back in 2013:
On Saturday, Ms Giddings said the sponsorship deal was worth an estimated $15 million a year and created 400 full-time equivalent jobs while driving the tourism industry and wider economy.
and from a Sydney marketing guru
Leading into last year's grand final loss to the Swans, Sydney marketing guru Max Markson described the $300,000 grand final bonus as one of the best sports marketing deals in Australia and worth every cent of Tasmanian taxpayers' money.
"It's cheap at twice the price," Mr Markson said. "No other state comes near it in terms of having the brains to get into that sort of sponsorship."
http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...l-with-the-hawks/story-fnj4f7h7-1226729602937

It begs the question Chara1, where have you been? I'm very much pro a Tas AFL team, annoyed my team gets fixtured there, but .... Max Markson is right, the Hawks do it right, where are you Chara1?

PS: the Taswegians renewed the sponsorship back in August, that's August 2015:
Tasmanian Government signs new five-year deal with Hawthorn
http://www.themercury.com.au/sport/...al-with-hawthorn/story-fnj4f7h7-1227465237561

Go back and re-read the posts. You're applying a double standard, clear and simple. And your club is accused of arrogance, gee I wonder why!

Let me tell you, I'll be cheering hard for the Cats tonight.

Double standard how? You're claiming the Tassie deal is a handout, I'm claiming it's a sponsorship deal. Explain how I'm wrong now you're sober.
How am I being arrogant pointing out you're wrong in your trolling post last night?

Let me tell you, I couldn't careless and it will have no influence on who wins and loses, nor will it improve your teams flag chances.

If the Swans can get Franklin back, then who knows. Stranger things have happened. Lance Franklin is still a match-winner. If he can return next week and find some form heading into September Sydney will still be tough to beat.

Wont fix the helpless defence and under performing midfield.... Ted Richards should retire at years end he's cooked.

Was talking to a few swans supporters and they were actually hoping they dont make top 4 as they think they would get embarrassed , not too sure but they defenatly wont win the flag.
Hawks look 10 goals better.
Freo 5 goals better side
even WCE look about a 5 goal better side.
As much as i hate Adam Goodes even if i liked him, he has to go, offers them nothing, same with Tippet.
The future is not looking very promising for the swans tbh.

They got it done

They don't draw pictures on the AFL LADDER ...it just squad wins and losses

Parker injury sours win......

Pies were very good last night too
Pendles is crippled (they would have won with him) - pies kids had huge skill errors, they scored three posters, kicked very poorly and well the swans just got over them

I left the ground thinking this comp is at a low eb. Swans struggled to beat a development squad

Everyone looks cooked 1 on 1 against cloke...

True. Difference of like 15kg between them is hard to overcome in 1-on-1 marking contests, no matter how experienced you are.

That being said, Cloke didn't really have a ton of impact, and was barely sighted to my eyes for most of the second half, so Richards didn't do too bad a job in holding him.

Our state is bigger .....we use more fuel to get around ......everything has to be transported further distances

Sorry you're wrong Perth is more expensive to live in than Sydney ......the I'm glad cola is being phased out and about bloody time

Sympathy from me .....zero ....welcome to real world swans, the world all the other clubs play by
Don't worry yourself mate - I think Perth is going to be cheaper than Sydney and Melbourne for the next 10+ years - sell sell sell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like to think of it as the Hawks selling games interstate, and the Tassie tax payers footing the bill.

actually, given most taxation is federal and is derived from personal income, company & GST taxes, and given tasmania receives far more of this pie than they contribute, it's acutally all tax payers who are "footing the bill".

i'd like to thank you for your contribution :thumbsu:

:rolleyes: Worse than that COLA bunch.

Selling games interstate = selling your soul. You might as well have merged with Melbourne.

hahaha. this is the kind of parochial myopia i'd normally associate with 80s-90s tasmania. perhaps you'd be really happy down there :D

i want the HFC to win games of football. how they do that is up to them. justify your jealousies of our off-field performance however you like :thumbsu:

i want the HFC to win games of football. how they do that is up to them.

You sound a lot like a an Essendon supporter - whatever it takes! You're not an alias are you.

. justify your jealousies of our off-field performance however you like

It must be the millions you steal through pokies that really makes you proud. ;)

It must be the millions you steal through pokies that really makes you proud.

correct.

HFC's primary role should be winning premierships and maximising its revenue streams in order to do so. poker machines are legal entertainment and it's not the club's job to determine what's good "for society". if it's a choice between grandma's pension and more hawthorn silverware, i'd be the first to thank her for her sacrifice.

play to win.

i hope you enjoyed tonight's game :thumbsu:

correct.

i hope you enjoyed tonight's game :thumbsu:

I thought we were OK. A few really important players missing - Stanley, Duncan, Longergan.

When we add Selwood M2, Danger, Henderson and a ruckman next year, and get back the likes of Stanley and maybe Clark and Menzel, we will have you guys.

But for now and tonight - too good. Well done. :thumbsu:

They will be rocking in Tassie.;)

To be fair to him, it would be easy for a Sydney fan to think $19m over 5 years is a handout. If it was going to Sydney it would be. Zero profile in their home state = sponsorship money poorly spent.
Biggest crowds of any team in any sport in NSW. Jersey more valuable for sponsorship dollars than any other jersey in Australian sport, even the Wallabies.

Yeah, right.

Biggest crowds of any team in any sport in NSW. Jersey more valuable for sponsorship dollars than any other jersey in Australian sport, even the Wallabies.

Yeah, right.

AFL is a minnow sport in NSW, here are attendance figures from 2009/2010:

The most popular sports to watch were:

• rugby league - 812,800 people (14% of the population aged 15 and over)
  • horse racing – 621,700 (11%)
  • soccer (outdoor) – 415,700 (7%)
  • motor sports – 331,800 (6%)
  • rugby union – 251,800 (4%)
  • Australian Rules football – 232,300 (4%)
  • cricket (outdoor) – 200,600 (4%)

In NSW, nobody cares about Sydney Swans outside of Sydney Swans fans. How many NSW sports fans are sitting at home watching Sydney play compared to how many sat at home and watched Hawthorn vs Geelong tonight in Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth and Hobart? There are probably more AFL fans in Hobart than Sydney, which is astounding given the population differences!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back