Let's talk Ports!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gee, Westhoff only getting a fine is ridiculous, thought he was gone for sure. A rare rub of the green from the MRP.

Balanced out however by the WTF Trengrove fine, but also free to play.

So, with Nathan Bassett in the bag. Say he gets the defence portfolio. The Jasper Pittard question, how would he handle it? I'm literally riveted to see what he can do there.

One thing's for sure, Jasper's anus would be quivering at the news.

Port made a big offer to Tony Modra as an uncontracted player when we went in. Mods told Bucky My life is hard enough in Adelaide and I play for them. Can you imagine what it would be like if I left and played for Port?

he aint going anywhere. Top Level Players players simply dont move between port and the crows. I think its cos adelaide is too small and they know the crap they will cop from the pissants
FTFY

Difference between last year and this year to Rd 20, is this year we have
kicked 23 goals 65 points less
but let thru 33 goals -3 points more

http://finalsiren.com/AFLLadder.asp
12 Port Adelaide 19 9 0 10 1684 (250.184) 1684 (248.196)

At end of Rd 20 2015 with ladder positions at Rd 20
Wins.. North-7th, Hawthorn-3rd, Adelaide-8th, Melbourne-14th, Bulldogs-4th, Collingwood-11th, St Kilda-13th, Essendon-15th, GWS-10th bold=away win
Losses Freo-1st, Sydney-5th, West Coast-2nd, Brisbane-17th, Richmond-6th, Geelong-9th, Carlton-18th, Sydney-5th, Adelaide-8th, Bulldogs-4th bold = home lose

To Play Hawthorn-3rd, Gold Coast-16th, Freo-1st

Single digits 3W 3L
10-19 points 1W 2L
20-29 points 2W 3L
30-59 points 1W 3L
60+.. points 2W 1L

http://finalsiren.com/AFLLadder.asp?AFLLadderTypeID=2&SeasonID=2014&Round=20-1
5 Port Adelaide 19 12 0 7 1887 (273.249) 1489 (215.199)

At end of Rd 20 2015 with ladder positions at Rd 20
Wins.. Carlton-13th, Adelaide-7th, Brisbane-15th, WCE-11th, Geelong-3rd, GWS-17th, Freo-4th, Hawthorn-1st, Melbourne-16th, St Kilda-18th, Bulldogs-14th, Melbourne-16th bold=away win
Losses North-6th, Sydney-2nd, Adelaide-7th, Essendon-8th, Richmond-12th, Collingwood-9th, Sydney-2nd bold = home lose

To Play Gold Coast-10th, Carlton-13th Freo-4th

Single digits 1W 4L
10-19 points 3W 0L
20-29 points 1W 3L
30-59 points 4W 0L
60+.. points 3W 0L

Last edited:
Gee, Westhoff only getting a fine is ridiculous, thought he was gone for sure. A rare rub of the green from the MRP.

Balanced out however by the WTF Trengrove fine, but also free to play.
I didnt think Westie would get games for it, and I was surprised that some here did! Its all about the the result or outcome now, so if Cameron had to leave the field with concussion the Hoff would be gonski! No injury or concussion, it just becomes rough play! Awesome, we want to protect players' health, but we dont want to completely sanitize the game of strong tackles. But its a risk the tackler takes, because he cant really fully control what the players head will do, whether he gets concussion or not.

Difference between last year and this year to Rd 20, is this year we have
kicked 23 goals 65 points less
but let thru 33 goals -3 points more

These stats are very interesting when you ask the question, why?

This year we have given up far too many "easy goals" from either torching the ball, overcomitting or poor defence. To concede only 30 more scoring shots but 33 more goals to me just says we have let them get 20 out dead in front or over the back too many times.

I really thought our defence was worse than 30 more scoring shots to be honest.

I didnt think Westie would get games for it, and I was surprised that some here did! Its all about the the result or outcome now, so if Cameron had to leave the field with concussion the Hoff would be gonski! No injury or concussion, it just becomes rough play! Awesome, we want to protect players' health, but we dont want to completely sanitize the game of strong tackles. But its a risk the tackler takes, because he cant really fully control what the players head will do, whether he gets concussion or not.

Some players suffer concussions differently. Some might have history. Grading based on outcome is stupid. On action, Hoff shoulda been gone. We got lucky.

So, with Nathan Bassett in the bag. Say he gets the defence portfolio. The Jasper Pittard question, how would he handle it? I'm literally riveted to see what he can do there.
Move him upfield, make him someone else's problem :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some players suffer concussions differently. Some might have history. Grading based on outcome is stupid. On action, Hoff shoulda been gone. We got lucky.
A player can only play the whistle, his career may depend on doing so. Imagine if someone like Mitchell let go in a tackle showing due care and the player ran on and set up a score. It could be career ending for him, the umpires need to blow up when the player is held just like in league.

If Jaspers character is anything like I think it is, I reckon he would relish it. I'm still in the camp backing him in, and think its still a case with him of pulling back ever so slightly in the risk v reward balance. I would certainly rather him stuff up taking the game on than going into his shell.

I'll be honest, I've been interested in getting him into our coaches box for a long time, in part because of his ability to put structures in place (what he did at Norwood) and the development he seemed to be able to put into players... his perceived weakness in terms of saying what he thinks and putting noses out is well known and opens up a slight risk in terms of box dynamics, but I'm willing to risk it and hope the rumours are true. I still think he will one day coach a side somewhere.

The following is from 2010:
Bass will have a better coaching career than anyone you curreny have sitting in your box assisting Neil. He has solid philosophies about the game and in my opinion a better understanding (in a coaching sense) than the likes of Bickley hart noble Clarke etc.

He also has the guts to put it to the test in a senior role. I'd gladly take him on our panel - or at some point if he develops like I expect him to, to take him as an assistant.

A player can only play the whistle, his career may depend on doing so. Imagine if someone like Mitchell let go in a tackle showing due care and the player ran on and set up a score. It could be career ending for him, the umpires need to blow up when the player is held just like in league.

I agree and I have no problem with it, the same as I would've had no problem with Hoff getting a week or 2 had that been the decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back