Random Things on Your Mind (Part 5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Archie Thompson commentating an Adelaide United game are you for real ???

I managed to find a link to eTax, and once I downloaded that I was able to submit it first time no hassles.

Why did they remove the link to etax (or never put one up) on their website? When I tried to submit my tax a couple of weeks back I just figured they had discontinued it, but after trying and failing to use MyTax several times (it had a lot of teething issues first up) I did manage to find a link to it on some blog somewhere.

I always find e-tax is so nice to use, hope they keep making it available.

Why did they remove the link to etax (or never put one up) on their website? When I tried to submit my tax a couple of weeks back I just figured they had discontinued it, but after trying and failing to use MyTax several times (it had a lot of teething issues first up) I did manage to find a link to it on some blog somewhere.

I always find e-tax is so nice to use, hope they keep making it available.

The cynic in me thinks it's so people 'forget' to put in deductions/offsets they're entitled to. MyTax is very wham, bam and isn't designed to give much thought into what you're entering.

Not sure, watched a bit of last nights game but couldn't remember his name. Bridges is good though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The cynic in me thinks it's so people 'forget' to put in deductions/offsets they're entitled to. MyTax is very wham, bam and isn't designed to give much thought into what you're entering.

Started doing my tax tonight using eTax. Their new system can GAGF.

The rise to the Medicare levy really hurts. I don't mind paying for healthcare but they should have factored the increase into the income tax rate so that people avoid a nasty shock at tax time ($1,500 levy turns my healthy rebate into an amount owing).

HECS isn't fun either. Doesn't seem right that the contributions you make in your weekly pay don't get applied until the end of the financial year and after the account balance is indexed. Might as well chuck the money on my home loan during the year and save some interest...

Heard KG on radio after the passing of his wife of 50 years due to cancer. Like him or loathe him he is a very passionate man, loves his work, his sporting clubs and most of all his family.

Broke my heart.

HECS isn't fun either. Doesn't seem right that the contributions you make in your weekly pay don't get applied until the end of the financial year and after the account balance is indexed. Might as well chuck the money on my home loan during the year and save some interest...

I remember when I did my tax for the first time after i got out of uni and I had a job. I realised that every fortnight I'd pay the government, they'd sit on the money for the year, index it June 1st and then apply all the money I'd paid for the full year on June 30th. Very rude. I rang to complain - they actually told me, "you signed for the deal, too bad".

So, I took out a personal loan, got the whopping discount you could get for paying it off (I think it was 15% or 25% at the time), and paid it off that way instead, and it was quicker and cheaper.

Bastards.

I remember when I did my tax for the first time after i got out of uni and I had a job. I realised that every fortnight I'd pay the government, they'd sit on the money for the year, index it June 1st and then apply all the money I'd paid for the full year on June 30th. Very rude. I rang to complain - they actually told me, "you signed for the deal, too bad".

So, I took out a personal loan, got the whopping discount you could get for paying it off (I think it was 15% or 25% at the time), and paid it off that way instead, and it was quicker and cheaper.

Bastards.
i wish i did that..

i finally paid my hecs off this year. haven't been to uni since 2001

Given the faeces I just saw on the public toilet floor of the RAH (possibly for 24 hours as toilets haven't been cleaned since yesterday morning) no wonder all sorts of weird and wonderful diseases spread though that place!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back