NMFC v Fremantle Dockers, Ethiad, 1:10 - Rd21, 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem Fyfe faces to get off is because of the bounce of the ball it looks like he blatantly over runs it and slides in front on.

Probably worthy of a fine at most, but thats enough to lose him the charlie.

Much improved player down back than when he was up forward . But I guess he had a lot of injury probs with his shoulder at start of his career .
Sadly been on the list for 7 years for only 55 games, just couldn't get on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Fyfe thing is tricky. Basically it should be a fine. I think if he didn't have the 2 fines everyone would be saying that is the fair result. But because he has these two fines the tribunal are going to have to decide whether or not to apply the rules or look for grey area in order to avoid an outcome that will cause a lot of controversy.

The Fyfe thing is tricky. Basically it should be a fine. I think if he didn't have the 2 fines everyone would be saying that is the fair result. But because he has these two fines the tribunal are going to have to decide whether or not to apply the rules or look for grey area in order to avoid an outcome that will cause a lot of controversy.

He won't get fined the fix will be in .

North are such pretenders, look at how they're teasing their fans, they won't win and we all know it.

O-rly001.jpg

It's something to build on.

I'm so ****ing glad we have the bulldogs and eagles to play before finals. We play better against better teams and if we want a hope in hell during the finals we need to hit them hot and hard. As depressing a 6 win streak leading up to this game as any team could have, but we kept our heads above water, played some guys into decentish form and have given ourselves the most we could wish for: a chance. We might have Wells to return, we have some smalls and mids in decent enough form in the VFL to bring into the team if they chose to. I for one hope we do, LT's playing for frees I'm okish with (not a fan but it's unfortunately become part of the game), but even if he WAS getting them (including the legit ones which have mostly dried up) he still isn't putting in a good enough defensive effort. Nahas' disposal is as dodgy as they come, but the little bastard busts his arse consistently. IMO we should bring Garner in for Thomas.

As for the game today... I'm glad it's over and that we won. Umpiring was putrid as a rule affecting both sides seemingly at random, both teams showed some heart and skills, but also showed some glaring weaknesses. More than anything I'm glad we came home STRONG. The players and coaches need to bottle that.

People writing freo off for the premiership are joking. They've done what's necessary to get a top 2 spot. The 22 games before the finals are about one thing and one thing only: putting yourself in the best position to win the grand final by giving yourself the easiest finals series possible. Once the finals come, all you need to do is win a handful of games, one at a time. Freo have a solid list, they have finals experience, and they have a guaranteed home final. There are some issues to deal with, but they are professionals and will do their best to adress them.

Even with Pavlich, their forwardline hasn't really functioned that well this year. They've won game by strangling the opposition.

Yeah, but in a game like today, the Dockers just needed a bail-out option at times. And even in the twilight of his career, Pav, as a guy that can hurt you in so many ways and who is a fantastic kick, would have been invaluable out there.

I'd have to pinpoint the Mayne miss as the crucial turning point of the game. 25m out straight in front and North take it down the other end and kick one from a much harder position. Until then we'd still been dominating general play but that was the moment North really started to gain momentum.

If it wasn't the turning point it was at least a microcosm of everything that went wrong in that game.
100%. It was.

100%. It was.

+1.

Freo are bloody good on the spread and we were doing nothing to contain it, honestly thought we'd get done by 8 goals at 1/4 time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back