I'd upload a screenshot, but I'm on my phone and it won't let me, so:

Yeo - Hombsch - Vlastuin
Kolodjashnij - Lever - Johannisen
Macrae - Wines - Neale
Wingard - Lynch - Smith
Stringer - Hogan - Cameron
Longer - Bontempelli - Shiel

Saad - Cripps - Treloar - Parker

Dogs, Pies and the Giants with 5 squad members each.

Pretty reflective of good drafting by the pies and dogs in particular. GWS were fishing with dynamite.
Pies have 4 actually

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Williams, Langdon, Grundy, Crisp, Adams.
Sorry , can't count haha :)(or maybe I missed Grundy! Understandable as they got him with the pick we gave up for Wellingham...)

For a club in rebuild the Lions are really under represented here, which is concerning...
Docherty, Longer and Yeo all made the squad.....
I feel sorry for the Lions :( (even though my club benefited )- at least we were fairer at the trade table than some of the other clubs ...
Carlton are a concern too- only 2 representatives

Yeo - Lever - Johannisen
Kolodjashnij - Hombsh - Laird
Shiel - Cripps - Bontempelli
Parker - Hogan - Wingard
Stringer - Cameron - Smith
Grundy - Neale - Treloar
Wallis - Lynch - Docherty - Saad

Last edited:
Docherty, Longer and Yeo all made the squad.....
I feel sorry for the Lions :( (even though my club benefited )- at least we were fairer at the trade table than some of the other clubs ...
Carlton are a concern too- only 2 representatives

Yeo for 28 was still a steal really. We payed 30 to pick him up but in hindsight he should've been a first rounder when drafted.

Sheed will definitely be in this team next year.
Big call as its toughest to stand out as a midfielder , but given my bias and faith in Sheed , I agree :D
I also hope that Duggan makes the squad

Yeo for 28 was still a steal really. We payed 30 to pick him up but in hindsight he should've been a first rounder when drafted.
It was what you asked for though (we didn't play hard ball). I actually think it will end up being a win-win for both clubs :) (Lewis Taylor is an absolute gun! And is a couple of years younger)

Best 22 under 22.png

This is the only way to go for me.
Unlucky ones to miss out are Taylor Adams, Stephen Coniglio, Tom Lynch, Adam Saad, Jack Macrae, Bradley Hill and Tom Mitchell.

BACKLINE:
You have to have some structure in your backline. Lever is the best KPD prospect under 22 right now and as such holds down the full back position. Hombsch is also a very effective defensive tall and I have him playing as the third key defender, although he and Paparone can switch depending on match up. Paparaone as the only other KPD on the list gets a run by default. He is a decent player but you need three key defensive talls in my opinion and he's the only one left.
Docherty is a wonderful reboudning defensive player. Can take a grab, spoil and deliver expertly from the back pocket. Elliot Yeo is the other obvious standout, he is a freak, tall, athletic, almost Fyfe like in the way he moves and marks. The toss up between Newnes and Kolodjasnij was tough, but in the end one will be on the field and one on the bench, it really doesn't matter.

MIDFIELD:
Cripps in the centre and Bontempelli on the wing are the two obvious decisions. Cripps will be one of the best players in the league and almost alrady is, his vision and clearance work are second to none. Bontempelli is a star, pure and simple, athletic, skilled, he's the whole package and would play wonderfully loping along the wing. Grundy vs Longer is also obvious, although it highlights the state of our Under22 ruckman, Grundy is good though, deserving here. I really like the way Ellis plays and he's a pure winger, marks on the chain and delivers well into the forward. Must have. I went with Treloar and Neale as my other two mids, these two play consistent football, are skilled and can do it all. Shiel, Wines and Mitchell are all deserving of spots here as well though, shows how much talent we have.

FORWARDS
The Forward line almost picked itself for me. Hogan at CHF is the third most obvious pick in the side behind Cripps and Bontempelli, kid is an absolute monster, is mobile and a contested marking beast, can put them through as well. Although Cameron seems to have slowed down of late i've got him over Lynch on his current output, Cameron can do some freaky things and has a few mroe tricks than Lynch in my mind. Parker and Wingard on the flanks are simple picks. Both play regularly through the midfield and star there as well. PArker is a competitive beast and Wingard has so much flare he is uncontainable. Stringer as the third tall is the obvious choice, mobile to the point of excellence so he won't slow the team down but can also be a focal point on his own. Zach Merret is the most contencious choice here, I wanted a smaller forward pocket type player, Merret is the highest accumulator and more midfield type player, arguably Charlie Cameron would be better for the team in this position but Merret would be very handy in this side. You could toss up with either.

BENCH:
I just through in the players I couldn't quite squeeze in. Kolodjasnij can play, Shiel is an absolute superstar and Wines is the competitive beast you would want in a side. Smith got selected over Cameron due to his superior all round abilities but arguably Cameron would be better for team balance and goal kicking prowess.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back