Strategy Blair Hartley Project 2015 III - Linked to Treloar / Yarran / Stevie J / Kreuzer

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Styo: 40500918 said:
Grimes and Chaplin can dispose of the footy and find a team mate

I seen in Bigfooty post years back one rated Sam a better opposite foot disposal than most.

Gilbert is a better mover than Chaplin no doubt and would have to be quicker.

I would think Gilbert would be stronger against KPP types than Grimes to and possibly Chaplin.

Being a FA he would not cost much surely.

Dunno but I think it might be an area that could be a stumbling block if not addressed.

We can't have Rance abnormally carrying the load too much for too long!

The way I see it -

Treloar - Most likely a Pie. Folks on Collingwood board claim his GF has got a new job Thanks to Eddie. If any true, AT will be a Pie.
Motlop - Will resign and remain a cat
Yarran - Will be a Tiger next season
Stevie J - Tricky one, but I feel if we fail to land Treloar or Motlop this is a genuine option for 1 year contract
Cruizer - Will be a great get but I think blues will be desperate to keep him. remains a blue for mine..

The way I see it -

Treloar - Most likely a Pie. Folks on Collingwood board claim his GF has got a new job Thanks to Eddie. If any true, AT will be a Pie.
Stevie J - Tricky one, but I feel if we fail to land Treloar or Motlop this is a genuine option for 1 year contract
Cruizer - Will be a great get but I think blues will be desperate to keep him. remains a blue for mine..
OK we need some tiger supporter in the corporate world to poach Trloars GF. Make her an offer she can't refuse.

The way I see it -

I can't accept this

GWS have been right into Grimes before. How do people feel about him being part of a trealor trade? The counter would be Astbury but he doesn't have the same currency I dont think.
Got to give quality to get quality...
lol, would be lucky to play 3 games in 3 years. another knights

but because its for free id do it for peanuts. if he wants a chance at a flag he'll come for nothing

would be silly to stay at the bluuz

True his body is a risk. But premierships aren't won by sitting on your hands. If Kruezer's body is right - he could be up there with the best Ruckman in the league - and could very well be the difference to us winning a flag.

I'd be keeping Griffiths, especially instead of a late 1st round pick in a weak draft.

Tall, agile, long kick and can play ruck. Keeps Vickery on his toes and we need depth
in talls for injuries.

Astbury on the other hand is more one dimensional and I'd be putting him up before Griff.

i stand by that :) s**t changes, similar to your moods when you have your rags. The plus side, I did call Hampson before he was even mentioned, mentioned Ellis and Griffiths re signing before anyone else, also got Dusty stuff spot on with his 2 contracts and called Hunt before anyone else, also mentioned other stuff, but its all cool, I got shiel wrong so I must eat dicks for 10 thousand years :p
You choose to eat dick

The way I see it -

I was spot on with this till i heard a few things. I dont think his GF getting a new job really has any weight, from what I hear. Also the pies also think he is a lock because Treloar loves Holden's :drunk:. IMO sell the story if he came to us, we have equal cash, equal supporter size at games, equal games at the G but we offer something unique...the players who actually play in our side that eventually wins us a flag, well, they would want for nothing as to us tiger supporters, they would become gods.....thats what i would be selling :p

I will be hugely disappointed if we get rid of Griffiths. Only a few weeks ago he was better than Vickery.

I'm not saying he's untradeable but his kicking is a weapon, can play in the ruck and for me looks better suited to CHF than Vickery does. Vickery looks better closer to the goals.

The ones to shop are the guys like Astbury (who I thought would be the best of the lot but has not panned out like that) or Elton. Even a guy with few runs on the board will attract interest.

If Griffiths must be traded only as part of a game changing trade like Dangerfield. Too much upside on him IMHO.

I will be hugely disappointed if we get rid of Griffiths. Only a few weeks ago he was better than Vickery.

I'm not saying he's untradeable but his kicking is a weapon, can play in the ruck and for me looks better suited to CHF than Vickery does. Vickery looks better closer to the goals.

The ones to shop are the guys like Astbury (who I thought would be the best of the lot but has not panned out like that) or Elton. Even a guy with few runs on the board will attract interest.

If Griffiths must be traded only as part of a game changing trade like Dangerfield. Too much upside on him IMHO.

no need to get rid of griff at all. deluded thinking.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well we will have to agree to disagree.

Grimes and Chaplin are handy role players but they are not near the same space as Rance IMO. Can't hide issues by throwing guys back forever, it will bite us eventually and probably when it counts most!

No one is in the same space as Rance, especially not Sam freaking Gilbert. The guy is a spud and a half.

Grimes is a gun, there is no comparison between the two.

Please stop mentioning Aaron Hall, he's played 5 good AFL games. Was on the verge of being de-listed before that.
Miles was delisted
Hunt was delisted
Lambert never played an AFL game

Performance is constantly changing

No one is in the same space as Rance, especially not Sam This king Gilbert. The guy is a spud and a half.

Grimes is a gun, there is no comparison between the two.

Grimes is not bad.

Grimes can't be a gun simply due to injuries.

Anyway our footy team are not boxers. This is not about blowing wind up peoples proverbial rather its about setting us up to achieve consistent victories at the top.

As Gale said, we are just a average side. No need to lose the plot with inflated egos for our players.

What I would like to see is our players flood our forward line and see how our back line stands up. Fair is fair!

Grimes is not bad.

Grimes can't be a gun simply due to injuries.

Anyway our footy team are not boxers. This is not about blowing wind up peoples proverbial rather its about setting us up to achieve consistent victories at the top.

As Gale said, we are just a average side. No need to lose the plot with inflated egos for our players

What has what you just said got to do with Sam Gilbert?

Grimes IS a gun, injuries or not. He has been on the park more often than not the past 2 seasons. 19 games last year and 15 up until this point this year.

Youre talking about injuries and Gilbert has barely been on the park for 2 years :drunk:

Treloar - Would give this years and next years first pick. If is sounds like overs, then give us Bugg. My reasoning is that Treloar is a gun that we need NOW and there entertainment value of annoying cololingwood.

Motlop - Still not signed. Would give this years first rounder.

Yarran - Second rounder at best.

Kruizer - Interesting. If we can get him for nothing, then great. Has 5-8 good years ahead of him.

Plan A - Treloar. That would mean no Motlop. Would deal with carltoon for Yarran / Kruizer.
Plan B - (No Treloar). Chase Motlop harder. Would deal with carltoon for Yarran / Kruizer.
Plan C - (No Treloar / Motlop). Ask Danger's manager how much he wants. Would deal with carltoon for Yarran / Kruizer.

Best outcome - Treloar / Kruizer / Yarran. We would be seriously top 4 material.

Treloar - Would give this years and next years first pick. If is sounds like overs, then give us Bugg. My reasoning is that Treloar is a gun that we need NOW and there entertainment value of annoying cololingwood.

Motlop - Still not signed. Would give this years first rounder.

Yarran - Second rounder at best.

Kruizer - Interesting. If we can get him for nothing, then great. Has 5-8 good years ahead of him.

Plan A - Treloar. That would mean no Motlop. Would deal with carltoon for Yarran / Kruizer.
Plan B - (No Treloar). Chase Motlop harder. Would deal with carltoon for Yarran / Kruizer.
Plan C - (No Treloar / Motlop). Ask Danger's manager how much he wants. Would deal with carltoon for Yarran / Kruizer.

Best outcome - Treloar / Kruizer / Yarran. We would be seriously top 4 material.
Plan A thank you.
:thumbsu:

I seen in Bigfooty post years back one rated Sam a better opposite foot disposal than most.

Gilbert is a better mover than Chaplin no doubt and would have to be quicker.

I would think Gilbert would be stronger against KPP types than Grimes to and possibly Chaplin.

Being a FA he would not cost much surely.

Dunno but I think it might be an area that could be a stumbling block if not addressed.

We can't have Rance abnormally carrying the load too much for too long!

i don't think it's abnormal he is just that good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back