List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone clarify the contract status of the players that are being touted as being on the trade table at the end of this season, so it's clear what we would have to give up in terms of a trade and wage? I know some of them are just pipe dreams but for the sake of the exercise please entertain them.

Player | Contract Status | Approx Trade Value | Minimum Salary
Patrick Dangerfield | Restricted Free Agent | Nothing | ~$800/yr.
Jaeger O'Meara | Contracted | Top 10 pick and B-grade player (Whitecross) | ~$500/yr.
Adam Treloar | Uncontracted | Early 1st rd and early 2nd rd pick | $600/yr.
Harley Bennell | Contracted | Top 10 pick and B-grade player (Whitecross) | ~$500/yr.
Jake Carlisle | Uncontracted | Top 10 pick or 2 x late 1st rd's | ~$600/yr.
James Aish | Uncontracted | Late first round pick | ~$400/yr.
Chad Wingard | Contracted | Top 5 pick and promising player (Anderson) | ~$600/yr.
Matthew Kreuzer | Restricted Free Agent | Nothing | ~$550-600/yr.
Matthew Leuenberger | Restricted Free Agent | Nothing | ~$500-550/yr.
Robbie Tarrant | Resigned with NM on August 15th.
Chris Yarran | Contracted | 1st rd pick | ~$400-450/yr.
Steven Motlop | Uncontracted | Top 10 pick | ~$500/yr.
Jeremy Howe | Uncontracted | Late first round pick | ~$450/yr.
Charlie Dixon | Uncontracted | First round pick and B-grade player (Whitecross) | ~$600/yr.
Lewis Jetta | Uncontracted | First round pick | ~$450/yr.

Last edited:
Can someone clarify the contract status of the players that are being touted as being on the trade table at the end of this season, so it's clear what we would have to give up in terms of a trade and wage? I know some of them are just pipe dreams but for the sake of the exercise please entertain them.

Player | Contract Status | Trade Value | Salary
Patrick Dangerfield | Restricted Free Agent | Nothing | ~$800/yr
Jaeger O'Meara | Contracted | First Rd pick and B-grade player (Whitecross) | ~$500/yr
Adam Treloar |
Harley Bennell |
Jake Carlisle |uncontracted / a top ten or 2 late first rdrs
James Aish |
Chad Wingard |
Matthew Kreuzer |RFA / 550-600 K
Matthew Leuenberger |
Robbie Tarrant |
Chris Yarren |
Steve Motlop |
Jeremy Howe |
Charlie Dixon |
Lewis Jetta |

Carlisle would be good but what do we trade Dodoro... ha
Well, on previous trade week form, and how that rabble of a club act during the period, he'd want...

Pick 1, Roughead, Rioli and Langford.

O Meara contracted would cost heaps top 5 plus top 10 pick or equivalent at least.

Could backfire. Say the Hawks come knocking and JOM is interested. Suns can't exactly ask for full value then because they themselves have acknowledged doubts on his possibility of returning to fulfill his potential.

The headline is a bit misleading though, in the article Eade states that they're pretty confident that he'll make a full recovery and be ready for round 1 next year, he does say that you always have some doubts and somehow that's the headline.

I'd have though it's a bade trade for both buyer and seller in this position, buyer gives up a lot (but with a discount compared with the player being fully fit) and as such is taking a big risk, seller is accepting unders for a player who in all probability will regain full form and therefore full value.

Or they are just saying this publicly to scare off the opposition.
But what I'm saying is if it doesn't scare them off and he nominates the club then Suns lose a bit of bargaining power because by their own publicly stated doubts they don't think he is guaranteed to return to full ability.

But as has been pointed out the article title is fairly misleading anyway.

But what I'm saying is if it doesn't scare them off and he nominates the club then Suns lose a bit of bargaining power because by their own publicly stated doubts they don't think he is guaranteed to return to full ability.

But as has been pointed out the article title is fairly misleading anyway.
Footy clubs won't get held to public statements. It's a logic free zone at the best of times ;)

Breust >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Treloar

I think that's right......at this minute.
But I get the sneaky feeling we've seen Breust's ceiling/best already, and it's very very bloody good, but if he sinks at all to become a 30-35 goal a year forward - whilst valuable - not exactly irreplaceable.
Treloar however looks to be just getting started, and is already one very bloody good player, who under elite instruction will be year in year out a top 3 in the guts mid.
I think we can replace Breuuuuuuust, however unsavory the exercise.
Excavating an inside mid with elite skill from lower draft picks will be an exercise....in futility for many years.

But I get the sneaky feeling we've seen Breust's ceiling/best already, and it's very very bloody good, but if he sinks at all to become a 30-35 goal a year forward - whilst valuable - not exactly irreplaceable.

30 to 35 goals a year, based on 2014 stats puts him still in the top 27 goal kickers in the competition.

With 18 clubs, that mean you roughly have 1.5 people kickign 30 goals plus.

Why would you trade that out? The more 30 plus goal kickers you have the more chance of winning the flag.

How can that be replaceable, unless the person is guarenteed to get 10 to 20 goals more a season.

Why would you trade that out? The more 30 plus goal kickers you have the more chance of winning the flag.

How can that be replaceable, unless the person is guarenteed to get 10 to 20 goals more a season.

Firstly, the ball has to get to your 30 plus goal kicker.
Clearly, winning around the contest is our weakest position going forward. Clearly to me anyway.
As a club we have been blessed for the last 7-8 years in this regard of winning contested ball. The idea is to keep that rolling.
I would suggest the 35 goals a year could be replaced by Sicily & Anderson, who would also bring strengths of their own such as marking, tackling and physical presence.
Breust is great, but that doesn't mean he does everything great. He might be good in some of those areas, but Sicily (as he will show against the lions) is a superb mark and highly talented all-round forward. Anderson will create goals for himself and others with his tackling, and ability on the ground.
I would rather look to tinker with a forward line that has monstered the competition for years and looks good still with movers like Rough, Gunner, Cyril, Poppy and a resting ruck like Cegs with plenty of miles still in the tank.
On the other hand, what has the future on ball brigade shown the promise of?
Grunt but little finesse from Langford.
A minder more than pack splitter in Shiels.
What else?

A football list is never perfect, though ours has been close in recent years.
Treloar is a beast, with better injury history than JOM.

I'd go get him now while he is definitely moving, rather than hope on a prayer in future drafts and FA.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serious question... with all the talk of what's happening with the cats' veterans can anyone see any use for any of them for a year or two at the hawks?

Bartel
SJ
Kelly
Lonergan
Stokes
Mackie
Enright

Personally Bartel and SJ would add something i think even though we prob need the 22yo versions of them.
I just puked in my mouth

Serious question... with all the talk of what's happening with the cats' veterans can anyone see any use for any of them for a year or two at the hawks?

Bartel
SJ
Kelly
Lonergan
Stokes
Mackie
Enright

Personally Bartel and SJ would add something i think even though we prob need the 22yo versions of them.
Just out of curiosity, who does SJ and Bartel replace?

Bartel
SJ
Kelly
Lonergan
Stokes
Mackie
Enright

I assume you mean Box Hill Hawks?

Stevie J has produced a lot more than Chappy has over the last 2 years. I honestly dont want anyone, but he has at least another year or two left up forward and getting suspended

It's kind of funny that being suspended as many times as he has might be why his body could stand up to another year or so of AFL football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back