List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Free agency and draft rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just out of curiosity, who does SJ and Bartel replace?
Literally no one IMO, theyd obviously just stunt the growth of a langford or a hartung by making the squeeze for that last spot worse. Was just wondering what others thought.

I think the Hawks' list is unique where a strong Premiership contender actually needs more developing youth in the team than top ups like SJ to Rich next for example.

They would certainly get a game for us next year but logically not the best use of a list spot.

Like i said earlier, a 22-23yo version of each would be perfect.

Firstly, the ball has to get to your 30 plus goal kicker.
Clearly, winning around the contest is our weakest position going forward. Clearly to me anyway.
As a club we have been blessed for the last 7-8 years in this regard of winning contested ball. The idea is to keep that rolling.
I would suggest the 35 goals a year could be replaced by Sicily & Anderson, who would also bring strengths of their own such as marking, tackling and physical presence.
Breust is great, but that doesn't mean he does everything great. He might be good in some of those areas, but Sicily (as he will show against the lions) is a superb mark and highly talented all-round forward. Anderson will create goals for himself and others with his tackling, and ability on the ground.
I would rather look to tinker with a forward line that has monstered the competition for years and looks good still with movers like Rough, Gunner, Cyril, Poppy and a resting ruck like Cegs with plenty of miles still in the tank.
On the other hand, what has the future on ball brigade shown the promise of?
Grunt but little finesse from Langford.
A minder more than pack splitter in Shiels.
What else?

A football list is never perfect, though ours has been close in recent years.
Treloar is a beast, with better injury history than JOM.

I'd go get him now while he is definitely moving, rather than hope on a prayer in future drafts and FA.
Poppy would have 2 years left before his output drops

Serious question... with all the talk of what's happening with the cats' veterans can anyone see any use for any of them for a year or two at the hawks?

Bartel
SJ
Kelly
Lonergan
Stokes
Mackie
Enright

Personally Bartel and SJ would add something i think even though we prob need the 22yo versions of them.
I would take Mackie in a second......It would be terrific to see him at Box Hill until he realises he is not in top 30 at Hawthorn and retires.

I would take Mackie in a second......It would be terrific to see him at Box Hill until he realises he is not in top 30 at Hawthorn and retires.

Mackie would be able to keep winning AA's in the VFL.

Or should that be AV's?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How does lake not get a contract ? Carlisle or Lake or we will be in trouble , Also a inside mid is crucial getting smashed again

I can totally see why Lake would be put out to pasture. Although he is still a rock in defence, I think the end is creeping up on him with stealth.

It makes complete sense to look for a long term replacement, and who knows maybe we already deem ourselves to have one in our grasp.

I can totally see why Lake would be put out to pasture. Although he is still a rock in defence, I think the end is creeping up on him with stealth.

It makes complete sense to look for a long term replacement, and who knows maybe we already deem ourselves to have one in our grasp.

the end is near...slowing up quickly..still can take a good mark in defence...I'm not so sure we'll see him in Hawthorn colours next year.

Jeremy Howe will be in Hawthorn colours next year. We'll still go after a 'Big Fish' as well, but Howe will be a bonus. Out of all the rumours going around, this one has the most substance. Trust me.

Jeremy Howe will be in Hawthorn colours next year. We'll still go after a 'Big Fish' as well, but Howe will be a bonus. Out of all the rumours going around, this one has the most substance. Trust me.

Trust... Means nothing.

If though, anyone was wondering Howe we replace Gibson? This would be a good answer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has another year in him particularly because we can use him sparingly, the toll on his body would be minimised and he is still the best body on body defender in the league. He deserves a contract if for back up reasons only, he has paid his dues.

Pisssss offffffffff.. I don't want the skirt! Who the hell does he replace? And what position does he play? He is that awkward size and inconsistent, pass.

Pisssss offffffffff.. I don't want the skirt! Who the hell does he replace? And what position does he play? He is that awkward size and inconsistent, pass.
Dude I am getting concerned for your intelligence, is the only insult you can come up with calling a player a girl?
Or are you just a general all-round misogynist?

Dude I am getting concerned for your intelligence, is the only insult you can come up with calling a player a girl?
Or are you just a general all-round misogynist?

A little from column A, a little from column B

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back