Stop the boats. 5k a head. (cont. in Part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
People smugglers take money from desperate people then knowing they will be treated well by the Abbott government (new boat plus $US30K), they
will continue to put peoples lives at risk.

How many Captains from those boats are currently serving time in jail?

Boats are still coming, it is just they they haven't landed.

People smugglers take money from desperate people then knowing they will be treated well by the Abbott government (new boat plus $US30K), they
will continue to put peoples lives at risk.

How many Captains from those boats are currently serving time in jail?

Boats are still coming, it is just they they haven't landed.

And how do we know whether they havent been sent back to the place of persecution they were fleeing or died at sea somewhere else.

The rhetoric from Abbott, trying to frame his stance as a moral stance, is disgusting. He couldnt care less what happens to these people as long as they dont make it to Australian territorial waters and arent our problem. It was the Howard government that helped create this mess and now they dont want to pitch in and do their bit to help out.

Obviously the citizens of Europe aren't responding to this in a manner that suits - the emotional manipulation is being ramped up by the use of the image of that poor kid who drowned.
Don't be a d**k. That kid is dead. People are effected by the image and there would have to be something wrong with your head to not see why. To try and suggest that their is some overly cynical media manipulation behind it is heartless.

In case you missed it, deaths at sea is what caused Labor to crack down on boatpeople, rather than causing them to let more in or whatever you reckon.

Don't be a d**k. That kid is dead. People are effected by the image and there would have to be something wrong with your head to not see why. To try and suggest that their is some overly cynical media manipulation behind it is heartless.

In case you missed it, deaths at sea is what caused Labor to crack down on boatpeople, rather than causing them to let more in or whatever you reckon.
Labor has done nothing to solve this problem.

Labor has done nothing to solve this problem.
That's either ridiculous and unhelpful exaggeration or an out-n-out lie.

What is your game here? You're dismissing people caring about a dead kid (and his dead mum, brother and similarly situated people) and misrepresenting reality to what end?

That's either ridiculous and unhelpful exaggeration or an out-n-out lie.

What is your game here? You're dismissing people caring about a dead kid (and his dead mum, brother and similarly situated people) and misrepresenting reality to what end?
I have no idea what you're on about. The attitude of both major parties toward asylum seeker policy nauseates me, perhaps I mistook your comment as a defense of Labor(at least, I hope it wasn't).

I have no idea what you're on about. The attitude of both major parties toward asylum seeker policy nauseates me, perhaps I mistook your comment as a defense of Labor(at least, I hope it wasn't).
My error. I thought you made the original comment since you replying to it, when I see now your were chipping in on the comment I'd made to ClokesShankedIt.

As you can see from Todman's comment, there are various views on this topic, and obviously people are using this issue to talk about AS in general which you can see in Crackerjack and ClokesShankedIt's comments. I presume you and Todman are referring to Syrian and Libyan refugees and that is why you think Labor have done nothing. I don't know about that, given people have consistently ignored that the Liberal govt has reserved places for Syrian refugees. I also don't know what you expect Labor politicians to do in this immediate context given it is a Mediterranean and Middle Eastern problem. Obviously government representations will be made by the LNP govt and public service officials.

The US caused this refugee problem. The petrodollar had to be protected no matter what the cost to Middle Eastern countries or their citizens!

Nope. The rise of ISIS coincides with the yanks withdrawl. Prior to that, occupation of Iraq saw relative peace in the middle east.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're all gung ho to go in a bomb these bastards in Syria, Iraq, an Afghanistan, but when it comes to dealing with the collateral damage, and human cost, we don't want to know. Shameful.

When did we bomb Syria?

When did Obama withdraw from Iraq and Afghanistan and tell me what interrelationship do you see between the withdrawl, the rise of ISIS and subsequent refugee crisis?

Really. What policy was that?

Iraq war..joining the US in this disaster was a huge mistake. The day Bremer sacked the Iraqi armed forces was the day insurgency was born. That insurgency has manifested itself as ISIS and the results are plain to see..just switch on your nightly news.

It did indeed.

Alternatively rather than military intervention perhaps you could draft a harshly worded post to ISIS and tell them to stop the massacre. That'll learn thm.

Might learn them but there is nothing that can educate you.

" We need to stop the boats " said the coward.

WELL MAYBE PULL OUR HORNETS OUT OF SYRIA YOU ******* COWARD.

not sure I agree...we've created this problem so we probably need to do something to fix it. I think the real problem is Russia and it's un-willingness to get involved against Assad. There are reports that Russian military may have entered Syria in the past few days and is either targeting IS or Rebels who are opposed to Assad.

not sure I agree...we've created this problem so we probably need to do something to fix it. I think the real problem is Russia and it's un-willingness to get involved against Assad. There are reports that Russian military may have entered Syria in the past few days and is either targeting IS or Rebels who are opposed to Assad.

I'm gonna bomb Syria.....and then not let any Syrians trying to flee head here.

Bout sums it up

Nope. The rise of ISIS coincides with the yanks withdrawl. Prior to that, occupation of Iraq saw relative peace in the middle east.

bullshit..ISIS is a manifestation of the Zarqawi insurgency. Zarqawi filled the void when that genius Bremer disbanded the entire Iraqi military...ISIS has been around in one form or another since 1999.

Who is being a "d**k"? Nothing I have said has impacted on the child or his family, who have my condolences btw.

That photo is being used as a reason to open Europe's borders. What you don't like is the manipulation being pointed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back