Australian Border Force and Victoria Police conducting random Visa checks on the streets

Remove this Banner Ad

Ahhhhh state stuff, so is that like a forestries, agriculture type thing, checking for fruit etc....?

What was the pooch? Beagle or lab (colour)?

some black thing, so I'm guessing a lab.

I think our Premier has decided to "stop the bananas"

What's your real name Jiska? Where do you live? Were you born here? How about your family? what's there ages? have you travelled outside Australia? what were your reasons?

come on, spill.
Can I see some ID?

See what happens when the far right get in power?

Random citizenship and visa checks. Metadata observation and biometric scanning. Presumably mandatory, offshore and indefinate detention for those that lack said citizenship paperwork, at gunpoint with no appeals to the courts allowed, and no requirement for natural justice or procedural fairness afforded. No reasons needed to detain you, they dont have to tell anyone thanks to national security, and anyone reporting on it that works at the prison gets 5 years in prison themselves. Threaten anyone during the process, and you also get 5 years in prison. Likely solitary confinement. While in prison the government can then revoke any citizenship you do have because they view you as a terror threat now. Again, all outside the courts.

Is this really ******* happening?

Where are our right wing libertarian peeps now? Dan26 medusala? This is your boy doing this.

Is this 'liberty'? And to think all you blokes had to worry about was the RDA and your ability to hurl s**t at ethnic minorities with impunity. This is ******* beyond the pale.

The government had nothing to do with this Malifice. Fairfax had to issue an apology to Tony Abbott for insinuating that he had something to do with it. Are you aware of that? Or did you not do your homework?

Abbotts said that the Australian Border Force press release that said officers would be "speaking with any individual we cross paths with" was a clumsy mistake, and did not represent government policy.

"It was over the top and wrong because we would never stop people randomly in the street demanding their visa details, we don't do that sort of thing in Australia and it would never happen under this government,"

This should have been obvious to anyone who would bother to use common sense, but the ant-Abbott sentiment leads to idiotic posts like the one Malifice made here.

The government had nothing to do with this Malifice. Fairfax had to issue an apology to Tony Abbott for insinuating that he had something to do with it. Are you aware of that? Or did you not do your homework?

Abbotts said that the Australian Border Force press release that said officers would be "speaking with any individual we cross paths with" was a clumsy mistake, and did not represent government policy.

"It was over the top and wrong because we would never stop people randomly in the street demanding their visa details, we don't do that sort of thing in Australia and it would never happen under this government,"

This should have been obvious to anyone who would bother to use common sense, but the ant-Abbott sentiment leads to idiotic posts like the one Malifice made here.
Don't tell Tony or ScoMo that their public service arms are separate. They may have to stop taking credit for stopping the boats.

The Border Force is a paramilitary agency created by the Government - they are the government.

Guess the Nazis had nothing to do with the Gestapo or the SS either.

If you bothered to do your homework, it is a well known fact, that no minister told the Border Force to "search random citizens"

As I stated, Fairfax even issued an apology to Tony Abbott about this. It is a total beat up.

And your using the Nazi's in your comparison? That's disgusting Malifice and you should immediately apologise.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Governments oppress. Police torture. Courts cover their tracks.

I have seen this on so many occasions that I refuse to believe anyone gunning for Prime Minister is legit.

I don't see it.

Sure governments and their agencies F up all the time but they are easily put back into place which suggests its just over enthusiasm and incompetence rather than some conspiracy.

If you bothered to do your homework, it is a well known fact, that no minister told the Border Force to "search random citizens"

As I stated, Fairfax even issued an apology to Tony Abbott about this. It is a total beat up.

And your using the Nazi's in your comparison? That's disgusting Malifice and you should immediately apologise.
Can you provide a link to the apology?

You are right though doubt that any Minister actually gives that sort of instruction, normally that type of directive would come from the head of that department (Public Servant) or senior person directing the operation.

However the press release was farcical and did give that impression.

Wow, messy stuff.

Should they shut all of Customs too, or are they immune to it?

We do not need to militarise our customs or other government agencies.

Our police should return to being Mr Plod and smile. our customs should be even more smiley.

Note: even the military was once a happy smiley place

something has gone very wrong over the last 15 years

At least in the move from 'customs service' to 'border force', they haven't swapped sniffer dogs for Rottweilers...
Border Force to spend $15,000 on soft toys as 'corporate gifts'
The Federal Government has been criticised for spending $15,000 on Border Force dog soft toys intended as "corporate gifts" for dignitaries and volunteers. ...When questioned, a spokesperson for the Department of Immigration and Border Protection said the branded plush dogs were corporate gifts. "It is standard practice for Australian Government agencies to have a stock of corporate gifts available for customary purposes to assist with stakeholder relationships,"
One of the annoying things about Govts of all stripes changing Dept names to try and make it look like they're doing something extra meaningful has to be the Stationery cost.

Don't the last fifteen years represent the rapid expansion of globalization with the movement of labour, andvtrade that you constantly spruik? I'd argue this Border Force is Abbott's attempt at making the AFP his bitch like Howard, and proving yet again he isn't fit to even gob him off.

The militarisation of our departments is probably more accurately linked to the fall out of Sept 11 rather than globalisation.

I am simply not convinced militarising our police, customs and even our military (yes even our military) is a good thing. Our military should be professional and be capable of executing tasks including the act of killing but the mindset is very important. The difference between a professional military and a gun-ho military is; one does it because it is required to do so and the other wants to. The mindset is very different and so to is the outcome. On maintains professionalism and the other is like the US.

and yes Abbott does not compare to Howard or Keating. We were truly blessed from 83 to 07.

I am simply not convinced militarising our police, customs and even our military (yes even our military) is a good thing. Our military should be professional and be capable of executing tasks including the act of killing but the mindset is very important. The difference between a professional military and a gun-ho military is; one does it because it is required to do so and the other wants to. The mindset is very different and so to is the outcome.
View attachment 171419

Anyone unemployed and interested?
Power Raid?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back