The Perth Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Typical ******* school teachers.

Tell me another job where you get 10 weeks off but 65-100k a year
Well take a couple of weeks off and chuck in an extra 0, you'll find AFL players.

Correct.
It's 12.
Bang on.

The problem is 99% of them haven't known a work life outside of school.

It's funny when you see the people you went to school with who ended up doing 'teaching'. Only our great Emperor Colin can save our children.

Bang on.

It's funny when you see the people you went to school with who ended up doing 'teaching'. Only our great Emperor Colin can save our children.
Are you trying to say all teachers are dumb and it was their last option at uni? Certainly not the case for most high school teachers i know and work with. But hey we are just babysitters, $2 per child per day. BARGAIN

Are you trying to say all teachers are dumb and it was their last option at uni? Certainly not the case for most high school teachers i know and work with. But hey we are just babysitters, $2 per child per day. BARGAIN
Like playing spot the vegan. I swear I'm reading the page before the 'World' section of 'The West'

Bang on.

Completely wrong, and I wasn't being facetious this time.

A significant percentage of teachers had other careers before becoming a teacher.

I love how teachers feel so sorry for themselves and have this chip on their shoulders. Are bosses also 'baby sitters?' Is looking after almost independent, basically young adult 16 year olds really baby sitting? Is being able to grandstand your boring opinions and belittle kids really babysitting?

No surprise there's so many school teacher flogs on this board.

The pathetic thing is, most teachers are dumb. I also like how they correlate ATAR with intelligence when arguing "no I did a unit with someone who got a 99 at teacher's college!" They love to pretend they're doing it for the good of the kids, for their own selfless reason... but then they bitch and moan about getting no money for it? Did Gandhi say he was protesting and then complain when he was hungry?

School teachers, cops, PSOs, people who work border patrol... ******* flogs.

If you want to get a better job then ******* get a better job.

Or else you're like every other a-hole making their money. Office workers don't whinge to the degree they do.

If you want to get a better job then ******* get a better job.

Or else you're like every other a-hole making their money. Office workers don't whinge to the degree they do.
Teachers whinging have got nothing on you. o_O:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love how teachers feel so sorry for themselves and have this chip on their shoulders. Are bosses also 'baby sitters?' Is looking after almost independent, basically young adult 16 year olds really baby sitting? Is being able to grandstand your boring opinions and belittle kids really babysitting?

No surprise there's so many school teacher flogs on this board.

The pathetic thing is, most teachers are dumb. I also like how they correlate ATAR with intelligence when arguing "no I did a unit with someone who got a 99 at teacher's college!" They love to pretend they're doing it for the good of the kids, for their own selfless reason... but then they bitch and moan about getting no money for it? Did Gandhi say he was protesting and then complain when he was hungry?

School teachers, cops, PSOs, people who work border patrol... ******* flogs.
I would do my job for less pay. I don't feel sorry for myself, I don't feel like it is a chore to go to work, in fact I look forward to it. 4 lessons a day and everyday is dynamic. Kids get along with me really well, I get along with them.

I am a young teacher and this may change, however I enjoy the drive of improving my students and it gets me to work every morning. Preparing interesting lessons and assessments. It is sometimes difficult to do that as a Maths teacher, however the improvement in my students in a low socio-economic area is the reward I see at the end of it.

As soon as teachers work 48 weeks a year like the rest of us, they can ask for a pay rise.

Re the cable car, not against it but who would actually use it, just tourists? The rest of us have been to Kings Park and know there is nothing there apart from a nice view.

Was joking.

SA is off his nutter.
I guessed so, but didn't want to say anything either way.

Happy for SA to get on his soapbox if he wishes. Amuses me no end to see people think they're experts on something they are clearly clueless on. Just an added bonus that he's been so vague with the term "teacher". Not everyone teachers (or intends to teach) teenagers. A teacher does more than spew information at students all day, and comes in more forms than the traditional sense. On face value it may not seem that way, but there's a lot more in it than he thinks.

By all means, He can say his piece. I just hope he knows that he's preaching to no one.

I guessed so, but didn't want to say anything either way.

Happy for SA to get on his soapbox if he wishes. Amuses me no end to see people think they're experts on something they are clearly clueless on. Just an added bonus that he's been so vague with the term "teacher". Not everyone teachers (or intends to teach) teenagers. A teacher does more than spew information at students all day, and comes in more forms than the traditional sense. On face value it may not seem that way, but there's a lot more in it than he thinks.

By all means, He can say his piece. I just hope he knows that he's preaching to no one.

There are fresh out of school teachers. There are experienced teachers. There are lazy teachers. There are hard-working teachers. There are some who are selfish and don't give a s**t about the kids. There are some who are selfless and sacrifice for the kids.

It's like every other job out there where not everyone in the profession is uniform. I personally am a big supporter of our public education system but then again I'm horrendously biased.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back