List Mgmt. 2015 Trade & Free Agency Hellscape Discussion Thread (PG546: Anderson PG732: Bastinac)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hearing north are after sidebottom with a fair offer. Not sure if true

Is a F/A next year? Could save some cash and get him next year.
Have no problem just picking kids this year.
And Harpers highlights are better than Seedsmans.

This jet you speak of didn't exactly light it up this year. Black has shown far more at the top level. I agree he is no where near delisted status.... But will need to show a whole lot more next year to break into this side. Potential retirements to Petrie and Waite post next season means we need one of Black, Wood or Daw to make it.

Yes I agree he didnt really light it up but what I like about him is his poise and how clean he is when he gets the ball. He did have a few games early on when he got over 20 touches in which he showed how good he was. I think hes a very different player to black as wood is more of lead up outside 50/ wing accumulator where as black is more mercurial around goal and the 50 arc. Wood is still only quite young too but dont be surprised when he does start to light it up when he gets a game every week.

My fault.

But we have six days until the first day of the period. Then three weeks of shit until it ends. Plenty of time.

Buckley said on AFL 360 last night that the trade period is only over 2 weeks now.

So if we dont get the Holy grail next year thats 3 years, where do we stop and draw the line?.......as I said players want success, if the Club cant give it to them and along the way they show little loyalty to players who are busting their backsides in the entire playing Group. They'll leave.
Why do you equate gifting games with loyalty. It's not. Players that think so should ask for a trade immediately to save everyone some heartache.

Players should be happy when the club recruits players that strengthen the club. If there is more competition for their own position, that is called a challenge.

Leave the loser mentality behind.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just my opinion Johndory, he pulls out of too many contests for my liking, lets hope he matures and that is not part of his game next year, then we only have to worry about his inaccuracy in front of goal.:)

Fair enough, i havent noticed that tbh. I do expect him to come along fine though over the next two years.

My review:
- hilly is dominating
- nmfcarsenal98 is an arsehat

b80ac44f30c1481f47a2c884aef324d2.jpeg

Black traded - free up ~400k
Adams + Grima retiring - Free up around 500-600k total.

Theres definitely money there even when you take into account the draftees.
Raises an interesting question.

So, if there is 1mil going out of the salary cap in retirements / trades, & an extra 300k in the cap next year. Who on the list that has / is about to re-sign would have got salary increases to eat into that? (And how much?)

So in theory, the residual amount is what we could spend on a big fish; or small bites....

Raises an interesting question.

So, if there is 1mil going out of the salary cap in retirements / trades, & an extra 300k in the cap next year. Who on the list that has / is about to re-sign would have got salary increases to eat into that? (And how much?)

So in theory, the residual amount is what we could spend on a big fish; or small bites....
Goldstein expires next season ...

Goldstein expires next season ...
This. It makes me think it less likely that we'll secure a massive name on a big salary because Goldy's salary will have to be significantly increased next year. He could easily get 800k+ on the open market. Although I'm sure our list management staff will be all over that.

If Watson is responsible for changing kicking styles, then since he is now at Carlton, we should get Sav back from their clutches. I'm not sure if he was their kicking coach but he was working with Casboult and seemed to make some progress with him.
I think we are pretty good a getting hang time with our kicks already

This. It makes me think it less likely that we'll secure a massive name on a big salary because Goldy's salary will have to be significantly increased next year. He could easily get 800k+ on the open market. Although I'm sure our list management staff will be all over that.
Sydney would have been onto him like pimples on a fat kid next season. If, this time, I have the FA timing right.

Why do you equate gifting games with loyalty. It's not. Players that think so should ask for a trade immediately to save everyone some heartache.

Players should be happy when the club recruits players that strengthen the club. If there is more competition for their own position, that is called a challenge.

Leave the loser mentality behind.
Loser mentality?? The way you speak if you have a flat tyre you go out and buy a new tyre

Loyalty is a 2 way street shiraz , in my book I still believe in looking people in the eye and shaking their hand in dealings. But I do know everyone doesn't think this way.
Like I said earlier ( not sure if you read it) but you have to stay loyal to a core group of individuals of say 10-12 players.

And I did mention little loyalty there's a diference against total loyalty yeah??
If this way of thinking is what you say is a loser mentality, I can live with that.......but if you knew me well you wouldnt describe me as a person who settles on participating on things for the fun of it.

Contary to what many believe I had Brad Mckenzie in mind when I wrote my earlier post.........he put up some decent numbers at VFL level late in the season (some could argue that he needed to because he needed to boost his attraction to us and other potential clubs) but he didnt get a chance why?? Maybe Scott wanted a settled team into the finals who knows?? but it doesnt change the fact BMac had gone back to the VFL and worked on his deficiencies.

I hope we don't lose this kid because a team like Hawthorn come knocking on his managers door.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back