Mega Thread BH Project 2015 VI - Trade and Free Agency Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I havent been keeping up with the trade rumours but I want a short and sharp run down.

How about you describe how our trading period will go with a movie title?

Liar liar

This thread is a bad drug
I find myself looking for another hit as I am addicted but as I have abused it I no longer get high
Now I am paranoid and question the worst of my existence also stealing from my family
If the stuff Bennell was pictured with is half as addictive as this thread no wonder he failed to show up

"We still have a few irons in the fire but we are happy to take our picks to the draft" – Dan Richardson, 3AW
As told in 2012 2013 2014 & October 22 2015 at 2.05pm after trade period closes.
So where does Hardwick and Clarksons friendship come into it then?
Hardwick never helped Clarkson win 3 flags in a row.
We got Nathan Brown when we were a rabble, how the f*ck did that happen ?

We are good now and can't get anybody lol
We promised to take McMahon off their hands down the track.

Blair was too busy helping his Poo Power buddy Hartlett shaft them into a 6 year deal. Can't expect him to get players for us too.
That's us, always helping others. Ensuring GWS gets top dollar for Tyson Adams & now Treloar. Helped Gold Coast establish themselves by losing to them twice in Cairns. Helped Carton Port & North get dream runs in the finals. Helped Sheedy bleed Essendon dry every time his contract was up. Gave Frawley 5 years, took Hampson off Carlton for a R2 pick, got the Dogs Callam Ward, got the Hawks Buddy, took JON so everyone else in the draft could get a good player, traded pick 2 to Adelaide which ended up getting North Wells. We just keep on giving to others and screwing ourselves over.

The only ruckman I'd give our first for is Goldstein or NikNat.
Sorry to go all Footy Classified on you but, Good call Cotch, good call.
Lobbe is a bog standard. Not much better than a bloke we are paying $400k so we can look at his missus while she stands at VFL grounds watching him play Magoos.
I will go full Plough if we take Lobbe at 12 and SPEW UP

There's one massive play that surprisingly hasn't been much discussed.

Patrick Dangerfield would instantly make Richmond a genuine premiership contender.

And if the only reason that such a suggestion is being avoided lies with "Oh, but his manager insists he wants to go to Geelong" then I say we are not being ambitious enough.

Such players rarely come on the open market. Judd was one, but it was the right move when we backed off in 2008 as he was not what we needed then (and we had no Visy equivalent). Nathan Brown was another, and was a massive success until the desperate tragedy of the broken leg. Buddy was yet another, but way beyond our pay scale and didn't really occupy the position we needed filling, especially at that exorbitant price and contract duration.

But Dangerfield is perfect for our current and ongoing needs, Make him and the Crows an offer they simply cannot refuse.

Patrick Dangerfield would instantly make Richmond a genuine premiership contender.

And if the only reason that such a suggestion is being avoided lies with "Oh, but his manager insists he wants to go to Geelong" then I say we are not being ambitious enough.

Such players rarely come on the open market. Judd was one, but it was the right move when we backed off in 2008 as he was not what we needed then (and we had no Visy equivalent). Nathan Brown was another, and was a massive success until the desperate tragedy of the broken leg. Buddy was yet another, but way beyond our pay scale and didn't really occupy the position we needed filling, especially at that exorbitant price and contract duration.

But Dangerfield is perfect for our current and ongoing needs, Make him and the Crows an offer they simply cannot refuse.
giphy.gif

mate all he gives a s**t about is Mogs Creek and going home etc, no way he will come to Richmond.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I agree regarding timing, but there is no chance we can get him. We'd probably have to double Geelong's offer, and I doubt we have that big a warchest. And if he went down, we'd be stuffed.

I'll forgive the club not being able to trade for a gun using Pick 12 this year if we put the warchest into a contract for Ollie Wines at the end of next year when he's out of contract. Something like $800k-900k per year should get the job done given how tight their TPP is getting. Especially if they have another year like 2015.

Ok I havent been keeping up with the trade rumours but I want a short and sharp run down.

How about you describe how our trading period will go with a movie title?

Have you heard of Ocean's Eleven? Well we renamed it to Blair's Zero

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back