Mega Thread Possible trades in 2015 for the Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, let's say Jed Anderson is a star-in-waiting (from what I've seen, Hampton will be a much better get, but that's another story). The facts are that he has still only played 10 games in 3 seasons (due to injury and form). Surely, a 3rd round pick would get the job done. High 30's at best.

Time will tell however Jed Anderson with good health will be an absolute JET

Hampton will be a great pick up but I think in time.Anderson will.turn games

Time will tell however Jed Anderson with good health will be an absolute JET

Hampton will be a great pick up but I think in time.Anderson will.turn games
Ok, so Anderson; despite not being in the Hawks best 25 and barely playing a game in 3 years, is a jet but Aish, who has a B&F top 10 and a 4th in the Rising Star in 2 years, is a dud.

Interesting analysis. It's amazing how a quick flashy player blinds people into thinking they're amazing despite having minimal impact on football games. Yes Anderson could be a good player, he could also be Mackay.

OK, let's say Jed Anderson is a star-in-waiting (from what I've seen, Hampton will be a much better get, but that's another story). The facts are that he has still only played 10 games in 3 seasons (due to injury and form). Surely, a 3rd round pick would get the job done. High 30's at best.

The thing is Jed Anderson (who may turn into a star who knows) was a no hype, no buzz prospect when he was signed for no cost. Since then he hasn't done much.

no one was interested back in the day, and now...? Well he has a lot to prove

If you think that you don't know what you're talking about

McLeod was the no.1 prospect in the country.
Not really. Was well regarded after playing in a Port flag at 18 but nowhere near the level of interest that Jeff White and Anthony Rocca had.

Freo traded away the rights to recruit him for Chris Groom. But surely you know that?

Not really. Was well regarded after playing in a Port flag at 18 but nowhere near the level of interest that Jeff White and Anthony Rocca had.

look that's just wrong, but thanks for proving you don't know

Freo traded away the rights to recruit him for Chris Groom. But surely you know that?

That's the problem with people relying on Wikipedia to form opinions, it's not just obvious but it's wrong

They actually traded away a draft pick too ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

look that's just wrong, but thanks for proving you don't know

That's the problem with people relying on Wikipedia to form opinions, it's not just obvious but it's wrong

They actually traded away a draft pick too ;)
Wikipedia? Dude, it's probably the most well known trading story in AFL history. But thanks for letting us know how you get your information.

I don't think there's any point arguing over something that anyone with any interest in the game at the time would know. Jeff White was the superstar junior, Rocca going to Sydney was a big story, McLeod was just another promising kid.

Wikipedia? Dude, it's probably the most well known trading story in AFL history. But thanks for letting us know how you get your information.

I don't think there's any point arguing over something that anyone with any interest in the game at the time would know. Jeff White was the superstar junior, Rocca going to Sydney was a big story, McLeod was just another promising kid.

Nope. McLeod was a pre-draft selection; would have been no.1

I assume you were 12 at the time ;)

Ok let's say you're right

Why is it do you think the rest of league doesn't agree with you?

Can you explain this line? What suggests the whole AFL doesn't agree about this statement?

Menzel has not set the world on fire at the worst club in the AFL and Anderson has, when fit, got decent game time in one of the most dominant teams in modern times.

Not to suggest one is better than the other, because I really am not sure of that, but I don't agree with this comment.

R.e the lack of excitement for Hampton wanting to join us, I think a big part of the excitement of trade period is the "one up manship" that you've fought off multiple clubs for the prized signature of someone.
He has 50 games under his belt at 22 years of age. I am excited about getting him because of the fit he is for our side.

Put him at HB and Smith can then play up the ground and be a bigger part of the midfield rotation.

If BCrouch can get fit, the injection of him and Smith in our middle set up next year will cover the loss of Danger.

These two guys will win clearances but have more composure than Danger. Most frustrating part of Danger's game is him winning it out of the middle and kicking it blindly upfield. More times than not to an opponent. Hawthorn even set up defensively for this in our Final this year.

Smith and BCrouch are better users of the ball.

Sent from my HTC_0P6B6 using Tapatalk

He has 50 games under his belt at 22 years of age. I am excited about getting him because of the fit he is for our side.

Put him at HB and Smith can then play up the ground and be a bigger part of the midfield rotation.

If BCrouch can get fit, the injection of him and Smith in our middle set up next year will cover the loss of Danger.

These two guys will win clearances but have more composure than Danger. Most frustrating part of Danger's game is him winning it out of the middle and kicking it blindly upfield. More times than not to an opponent. Hawthorn even set up defensively for this in our Final this year.

Surely the last year suggests B Smith stays off half-back? Put them there together ala McVeigh/R Shaw

Can you explain this line? What suggests the whole AFL doesn't agree about this statement?

Menzel has not set the world on fire at the worst club in the AFL and Anderson has, when fit, got decent game time in one of the most dominant teams in modern times.

Not to suggest one is better than the other, because I really am not sure of that, but I don't agree with this comment.

how is this even difficult?

One was a high draft pick with high currency

The other was a discarded gift with purchase

Surely the last year suggests B Smith stays off half-back? Put them there together ala McVeigh/R Shaw

Actually the start of the year when he was flying before the concussions he was primarily playing on the wing, not off half back at all. Once he suffered the concussions and we lost Jaensch, he went back to the defense.

Like I said. Pointless arguing. People who know, will know. You've proven your ignorance.

Can always spot someone faking it

Assume away, wildly incorrect and pointless. When I was 12 I followed the game far closer than I have time to as an adult.

This is even sillier than you passing off Wikipedia as your first hand opinion :D

I think Hampton will be a great pick up. Think guys can really get over-looked in that weird set up at GWS where they have first round picks falling out of their broom closet. Don't think they've learnt how to properly manage that level of talent and players like Hampton, who's always looked great whenever I've seen him play, get lost in the system.

Feel like Smith is better value as a distributor/playmaker off half back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back