Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Connors said on Wednesday that he believed a compo pick was fair. Looks like connors has no clue what the clubs are discussing. Maybe he meant a first and second and a player, who knows he changes his mind every two days
Like the Victorian media & many cats' supporters, he is slowly coming around to reality... & that the huff, puff & bluff I'd pointless...

The fact Danger didn't lodge the free agency paperwork today means Geelong still hope that a deal con be done to stop us matching, if they lodge on monday, they will attempt to get a deal done before we match, if they don't they will probably wait until the last minute to reduce the time we have to do a trade.

Not if we dont want to. We cant renogotiate if danger doesnt want to and he cant if we dont want to. If he nominates a contract length of 6 years and we accept he can then take it or leave it, he cant then say he wants a 1 year contract without us agreeing. The contract doesnt become active just because we say we'll match.

But we're getting into semantics again.

Look it's not semantics its mechanics

If he chooses to accept the matched contract then we are bound and we have no say.
That's it. Over. Done.

Before anything different happens he first has to reject the matched offer of a contract. He does that, not us.

of course something different has to then he agreed, obviously. But that's stage 2

Stage 1 is all with PD only PD

And if they "overpay" Dangerfield it will hurt them more than us in the long run given Dangerfield is prepared to take unders to get to Geelong.
Sounds like they are going to over pay on selwood as easier... To probably ensure gives a decent compo pick to the weagles.

Why is it so difficult (impossible) for Geelong supporters to understand that to get Dangerfield for free as a RFA they must pay overs or more than we can afford or choose to pay. This is why we got Betts, Carlton didn't want to pay.
because they won't pay more for Dangerfield than their precious captain it means we get to match. Why is this so difficult to understand by their supporters. No wonder hutchy is so fat, that clown really does want his cake and he clearly eats it too

Look it's not semantics its mechanics

If he chooses to accept the matched contract then we are bound and we have no say.
That's it. Over. Done.

Before anything different happens he first has to reject the matched offer of a contract. He does that, not us.

of course something different has to then he agreed, obviously. But that's stage 2

Stage 1 is all with PD only PD
I think we're agreeing.

I believe that your comrades have answered for the most part, but my view is that Billie was a kid who killed it in U/18 for the Falcons and Geelong Grammar in school footy, but struggles with the step-up in intensity required to succeed at AFL level. He needs to work on the basics before he can play like a millionaire, but that's exactly what he's lacking at the moment.

As for his character, he was done taking a selfie with a selfie stick driving over the Christmas period in 2013/2014, but he swears his car was stationery at the time.the picture was taken. I'm pretty certain that it wasn't, but I guess having the TAC as one of your club's sponsors, you'll try anything. Whether that says anything about his character other than being a stupid early-twentys male I guess is up to an individual's interpretation.

SC

Serious question

Why did so many of your supporters actually believe that they would get Paddy for free other than cap space?

No i was originally arguing that you misunderstood feenix's post who is also agreeing.

No. Then you don't understand yet. But I've tried ;)

The matched contract is not notional or theoretical it's binding. And it's automatic, binding up until the point that PD says he doesn't want it. We can't pull it from the table or walk away, we have committed until he gives us the thumbs up or down

I can't help you anymore. Up to you whether you agree or not, but that's not what you've arguing until now

The matched contract is not notional or theoretical it's binding. And it's automatic, binding up until the point that PD says he doesn't want it. We can't pull it from the table or walk away, we have committed until he gives us the thumbs up or down

I can't help you anymore. Up to you whether you agree or not, but that's not what you've arguing until now
Its not binding unless Dangerfield accepts it. Geelong nominate a 5 year deal, and we match Dangerfield isnt locked into the crows for 5 years. He still has the option of not taking up our offer and going into the draft. He also could nominate a 1 year deal, we match, and he somehow comes to the conclusion hed rather stay at the crows, we can still sign him for 5 years. Which is all I and as far as i can tell feenix were saying.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Any sort of trade is a massive win for us and a loss for the cats especially if they give up round 1

All their circle joking over the season and Hutchy the ff and "Stevo" and all the othe know nothing know it all flogs will try to turn things around but its indisputable. They were banking on scabbing him for free.

If the proposed Paddy deal does go through the assessment of this deal will largely depend on who is the player

If the Hampton deal is 2016's 2nd round pick .....then we need to replace that 2nd round for 2016

#9 2015 + 2nd round 2016 plus GHS ........just list clogging :thumbsdown:......another slowish inside mid ???

#9 2015 + 2nd round 2016 plus Murdoch ......not value by any stretch ...but i can accept because it improves the pace of our side :thumbsu:

#9 2015 + 2nd round 2016 plus Rhys-Stanley ....adds height, marking power plus forward/ruck option ( our Westhoff) :thumbsu:

At least if we compromise on the deal WE MUST get a player who is best 22 .....non negotiable

OK, if we are talking steak knives as part of this deal I'd be reasonably comfortable if it was Billy Smedts, far more "potential" and a better list fit for the AFC though his inconsistency and at times injury problems are a bit of a worry, What's his "status" at the GFC and what sort of character is he?
Yep, could live with Smedts ....has talent

I'm pretty sure this is not correct. The club has first right of refusal, which they can exercise by matching the tabled offer. Once this right has been exercised, the club and player can negotiate terms or, if the player doesn't want to, then the club may trade the player as per any other listed uncontracted player, or the player may refuse any proposed trade and enter the National or Pre Season draft.

I can't find anywhere in the rules that state that the matched offer is binding. If you can, I will happily stand corrected.

I'm pretty sure this is not correct. The club has first right of refusal, which they can exercise by matching the tabled offer. Once this right has been exercised, the club and player can negotiate terms or, if the player doesn't want to, then the club may trade the player as per any other listed uncontracted player, or the player may refuse any proposed trade and enter the National or Pre Season draft.

I can't find anywhere in the rules that state that the matched offer is binding. If you can, I will happily stand corrected.

The formal lodged offer is an accepted contract with a condition precedent ;)

Why is it so difficult (impossible) for Geelong supporters to understand that to get Dangerfield for free as a RFA they must pay overs or more than we can afford or choose to pay. This is why we got Betts, Carlton didn't want to pay.
because they won't pay more for Dangerfield than their precious captain it means we get to match. Why is this so difficult to understand by their supporters. No wonder hutchy is so fat, that clown really does want his cake and he clearly eats it too

Cool ya jets there son, no guarantee Crows are gonna match... In fact the Adelaide rag says they may not.

Semantics? Don't you know that the Dangerfield trade will ultimately only be sealed by the two clubs as a result of the talks in this thread? We all await, watching with bated breath.

Semantics indeed. Good day to you sir!

That's my theory as to why the AFC have said nothing since Fagan announced Danger leaving a few weeks back. They are most definitely sitting back, reading this thread for us to all come to a majority conclusion.

Come on people, we've got to solve this!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back