Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Good luck with Danger! I think this is a fair result for both parties considering the circumstances.

In the end you came out of it better than what free agency would have given you so both clubs have worked well together to sort a deal that would compensate you more, it may not be exactly what you wanted but you now have a top 10 pick which you can hopefully use to find another gun.

go-home.jpg

WE F@$%ING SENT PICK 50 TO THEM AS WELL?!?!?!!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!? THAT'S IT, ENOUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fmc.gif
We won't be needing it. no biggy

. This really needs to judged when all trades are done. If we use some of these picks for quality like Anderson then I'll be happy. Need to judge the trade period overall. We have plans afoot

And that has happened to us before? You do remember Gary Ablett jr don't you? I know it's difficult and i have great empathy for Adelaide who are losing another star player, but all clubs and fans have gone through it at some stage.

Who cares about Gary Ablett Jnr? Different set of rules. Do you remember Nathan Bock, our CHB that we lost to the Suns? Phil Davis, his replacement, that we lost to GWS the very next year?

Geelong are clear winners here. It's a s**t deal for the AFC.

It's obvious they've been talking about this trade for weeks. We'll now look to use these picks to bring in some other trade targets. It's a reasonable outcome for us, could have been better, but could have been worse.

The deal was always going to be done somewhere between just pick #9 and two first rounders. No surprise this is where it's landed.

Now we have time and currency (picks 9, 13 and 28) to bring in some real talent, not to replace PD but to inject some depth. Watch out for some good moves in trade week!

So far we've got what... Danger, Reilly, Siggins, Pods, Martin out. Is that all the departures so far? Then Jake Kelly and Reilly O'Brien promoted from the rookie list and Gore in as part of this trade. So 5 out 3 in leaves 2 spots free on our list (1 once the Hampton trade goes through). We now have 2 1st round picks and 2 2nd round picks. Assume we give up a 2nd round for Hampton. That leaves us 3 picks in the first 2 rounds to fill 1 spot. Even if there are some more trades / delistings, it's unlikely we'll even use that third round pick even if we had kept it.
Thanks!

I wouldn't worry about pick 50. It's a crap draft, especially that far back, and I doubt we'd have even used it anyway with the top 30 picks we've got now. Off to the trade table we go for the rest of the week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some injuries, but his performances were very promising. I liked him and i think Adelaide will benefit greatly, like Gregson he went late in the draft, but Wells doesn't just pick anybody out of a hat. Gore will be good for the Crows. So the Crows now have picks 9, 13, 28 and 32? Not bad for a team that played and won a final.
Then lost their best player......o_O

at this stage I'm reading this as a win-win

at the time of Danger's announcement Geelong wanted him for nothing and Adelaide wanted better than a Compo pick with this in mind pick 9 is not only a upgrade on the AFL compo pick it is Geelong's pick which forced them to pay currency for Paddy

With pick 28 the crows now have 2 x 1st round and 2 x 2nd round picks in this years draft, great opportunity to turn those selections into talent

Giving up pick 50 is a moot point because I doubt that we are intending to go that deep in this years draft

Gore is an interesting selection many consider him steak knives however that's only because many did not track him prior to the draft, I'm not saying that he will play 150 games however their is enough in his script so far that suggests that he has every chance tpo suceed, by all reports Gore

- Dominanted for SA in the 2014 Championships
- Was good enough to play 12 games for Sturt league leading up to the 2014 draft
- Described as a player with great endurance and pace
- His kicking was elite at the draft screening, scored 30/30 for goal kicking and 27/30 for field kicking
- Is great size, already has build to mix it with the men
- Apparently missed serval games with injury this year which for a rookie will push them back a year in terms of their developement

Why is everyone stating pick 50 would've been useless? It's a 3rd round pick FFS, and even if we weren't going to draft with it, it could have still used to upgrade one of our other picks in another trade.

Adelaide Steak Knife Football Club (ASKFC)

useless because we may not go that deep in the draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Back