2015/16 Pre-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I'd start a thread where we can gather all information about our off season in the one place, eg. training, club updates, player stuff, whatever happens up until our actual games in 2016.

Starting things off: Riley Knight has moved from #39 to #3 for next season, taking Brent Reilly's number.

http://www.afc.com.au/adelaidecrows/news/2015-11-16/new-number-for-knight

I thought I'd start a thread where we can gather all information about our off season in the one place, eg. training, club updates, player stuff, whatever happens up until our actual games in 2016.

Starting things off: Riley Knight has moved from #39 to #3 for next season, taking Brent Reilly's number.

http://www.afc.com.au/adelaidecrows/news/2015-11-16/new-number-for-knight
Get the mods to "sticky" it at the top of the page until the season proper starts or the NAB Comp begins??

Isn't the Off-Season basically finished and the Pre-Season beginning in just a few days?

Thread title needs the correct seasonal prefix

looking forward to a bit of who's up and about and a bit of an idea of what this total football is gonna look like...

Also, Dean Gore has taken number 36, previously worn by Brodie Martin

Dean-Gore-Crows-jumper_620_620X370.jpg

http://www.afc.com.au/news/2015-11-18/preseason-injury-update

Young midfielder Brad Crouch is one of several Crows progressing well from late/post-season surgery.
“Crouchy is progressing well. He’s pain free now,” Burton said.

“He’ll be on a modified program pre-Christmas and then we’ll assess how he’s going then. We look forward to him being available for Round One.”
Ruckman Sam Jacobs (elbow), veteran Nathan van Berlo (shoulder) and emerging onballer Cam Ellis-Yolmen (finger) will be limited to non-contact drills following minor operations.

Burton said the trio would join the main training group in the New Year.
Jaensch remains on track to return to the playing field in the first half of the 2016 season.
Trade period recruit Troy Menzel will take part in his first session as a Crow next week.

Menzel had post-season hip surgery, but is close to being back in full training.
New rookie Hugh Greenwood has been working hard on improving his fitness after retiring from basketball to pursue a career in football in September.
Fellow Category-B rookie, Alex Keath, has also completed some training at the Club while he continues to concentrate on playing cricket.

Brad Crouch injury updates:
  • Now pain free
  • On a modified program until Christmas
  • Should be available Round One
Other injury updates:
  • Jacobs had minor elbow surgery
  • Van Berlo had minor shoulder surgery
  • CEY had minor finger surgery
  • Jaensch is six months into ACL recovery, should be available in May 2016
  • Menzel had hip surgery
  • Jacobs, VB, CEY and Menzel will be on modified programs
Other updates:
  • 1-4 year players return to train on November 23
  • Other players return December 1
  • Greenwood is progressing well
  • Keath is focusing on cricket but has completed some training sessions
  • Pre-season program will be updated slightly for the reduction in interchanges

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Going to put it out there and reckon Gore will be a regular by the end of this season. Excellent kick, has speed and wins the contested ball. Can see him and Sloane pairing up beautifully in the center

I hope you're right. If two or three of our recent acquisitions come good then they could solve the lack of pace issues we've had for several years. Couple that with a two high draft picks that may play with the big boys ala Lever, and we could be a side that takes beating in 2016.

Fages was just on Facebook answering supporter questions. To summarise the more interesting responses:
  • Speaking with SMA about what the Crows can do with external stadium areas (similar to Port's gameday village).
  • Away guernsey has to be at least 51% white (hoops prevent this).
  • Is not a fan of changing the logo atm and is not on the agenda in 2016.
  • Isn't a fan of the current form of equalization measures (said as much on 5aa recently).

Wonder if something like this would work?

View attachment 194411
I wholeheartedly support ******* with the AFL and exploiting their s**t rules.

how much white does Richmond's shitty inverted jumper have anyway? flogs. I'd continue blue stripes all the way to the top there too but I like your thinking mate :thumbsu:

Brad Crouch injury updates:
  • Now pain free
  • On a modified program until Christmas
  • Should be available Round One
Other injury updates:
  • Jacobs had minor elbow surgery
  • Van Berlo had minor shoulder surgery
  • CEY had minor finger surgery
  • Jaensch is six months into ACL recovery, should be available in May 2016
  • Menzel had hip surgery
  • Jacobs, VB, CEY and Menzel will be on modified programs
Other updates:
  • 1-4 year players return to train on November 23
  • Other players return December 1
  • Greenwood is progressing well
  • Keath is focusing on cricket but has completed some training sessions
  • Pre-season program will be updated slightly for the reduction in interchanges

At what point will this Keith bloke focus on football?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back