List Mgmt. 2015 Trade, Draft, Rookie Draft and FA Megathread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Using an average like that is misleading. (ie using a teams average height in comparison to an entire competition average)

It would be more valid to take our 187.93 and see how it compares to each other team (ie where we sit on a ladder of team average heights).

Of course this isn't a definitive method either- just a more valid indicator.
Hawks are at 187.59 so we're bigger than them. We're officially not short in my book - can't be bothered doing the other 16.

So Greg Clark missed out altogether? Must say I'm a little stunned.
He must be slow as an ox coz endurance isn't an issue.

just struggles to find the ball. had a pretty poor year but like you i'm shocked. extra year could do him good though

Yeah I haven't been really up close to players for a while. Except Tommy Clurey as he's at my cricket club in summer.... But he's only 193cm and Carlisle is another couple of inches and preseasons bigger.

I saw Lenny a few meters away at airport in September and he was an imposing figure. 187cm isn't large by any means but just the sheer size of his figure after an afl career was intimidating.
Interesting. I used to see Lenny a lot around Elwood - he lived over the road from me before he got together with the now Mrs Lenny. I was actually surprised that he wasn't that big. Similarly, I saw T Membrey at an airport a few weeks ago and didn't think he looked very big either.

It's funny, but I reckon there's every chance that our entire rookie list could end up on the main one in the end.

Payne as a 3rd tall
Holmes if he keeps improving
O'Kearney if he improves his athleticism
Coughlan when he physically matures; &
Saunders if he works on his disposal

That's a pretty damn positive thing.

Interesting. I used to see Lenny a lot around Elwood - he lived over the road from me before he got together with the now Mrs Lenny. I was actually surprised that he wasn't that big. Similarly, I saw T Membrey at an airport a few weeks ago and didn't think he looked very big either.
I was at the pub the other Sunday and a few GWS boys were there; Tom Lynch is absolutely gigantic!

Bigger than I thought was the case, possibly.

Pictures of your new boys you might like
412238.jpg
412240.jpg
412214.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just had a quick look at Nick Coughlan's stats.
He played 7 games at VFL this year for Footscray, his disposal efficiency was very good, and he averaged 16.4 disposals per game, therefore in comparison to guys like Lee, Simpkin & Deleany at VFL level his stats looked better.
So it looks like we've found a really good key defender, hopefully he can put on a few over the off-season and get some game time.

Futures looking exciting boys 2 more drafts and it'll be showtime!

640l2vxvd

Seriously : Now Jason Gram is included in our yuck list.

That was a winning team and ....
Gram averaged 21 disposals that season.
Gwilt and Simpkin were usually asked to play well above their height and did an OK job at it considering. Gwilt was good enough to continue playing AFL football.
Milera kicked 3 goals in that game, as well as 3 the week before.
Rhys got 2 and 24 hitouts, was considered good enough to attract Geelongs recruiters.
Geary still gets a game every time he's available.

I get sick of people bagging out every one of our players just because we slid outside the 8.

I suppose that some of the new talent you are creaming over will be on your yuck list in a few years time.

Gram was one of the greatest disappointments in the last decade IMO. Played a handful of games to his potential but could never ever be considered a great of that era.

640l2vxvd

Gram was one of the greatest disappointments in the last decade IMO. Played a handful of games to his potential but could never ever be considered a great of that era.

No i wouldn't say he was a "great" but i don't think anyone ever thought he would be a great.
He had his share of good games though. Part of a very impressive backline. I don't think he was ever considered one of our "weakest link" type players.
In the end it was his off-field stuff that did him in.

640l2vxvd

Harsh. If we had GF won the 2009 GF he would have been the Norm Smith Medallist

I'm about 6'2" in the old measurements and Lenny is nearly nose to nose with me and Tim membery would be similar.

Harsh. If we had GF won the 2009 GF he would have been the Norm Smith Medallist

That was one of the handful of games that he played at his potential. V Eagles when Goose broke his leg he went head to head v Judd & held his own, kicked a bag v Richmond at the G, a few others where he threatened to grab the game by the scruff.... overall in my book he never reached the heights that he should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back