Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

Before spending £100m

After he finished what 6th/7th. Then spent some more then got himself sacked. Championship/mid table manager at best. You guys have done well flogging him for Klopp

To be fair to him he's finished higher than any Spurs manager has for 30+ years and likely will for the next 10+ years so that isn't a bad effort.

To be fair to him he's finished higher than any Spurs manager has for 30+ years and likely will for the next 10+ years so that isn't a bad effort.
He did as much for as Harry or the cup winning managers of the 80s I reckon. He came 2nd and won F all to be honest so he achieved nothing but a good tan

Which teams weren't? Bournemouth, Norwich? I don't even know who else to guess.
All 3 promoted sides

Top 20:

1. Real Madrid - $897 million

2. Barcelona - $871 million

3. Manchester United -$807 million

4. PSG - $751 million

5. Bayern Munich - $742 million

6. Manchester City - $725 million

7. Arsenal - $681 million

8. Chelsea - $657 million

9. Liverpool - $612 million

10. Juventus - $506 million

11. Borussia Dortmund - $438 million

12. Tottenham - $402 million

13. Shalke 04 - $343 million

14. AC Milan - $308 million

15. Atletico Madrid - $290 million

16. Roma - $280 million

17. Newcastle United - $261 million

18. Everton - $255 million

19. Inter Milan - $255 million

20. West Ham - $249 million

Other English clubs

22. Southampton - $231 million

23. Aston Villa - $231 million

24. Leicester City - $212 million

25. Sunderland - $206 million

26. Swansea City -$206 million

27. Stoke City - $203 million

28. Crystal Palace - $203 million

29. West Brom - $196 million

I found this amazing.

The Italian clubs have really fallen off a cliff with respect to their finances over the past decade, it wasn't long ago that Inter & Milan were both in the top 10 level with the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea.

Easy to see how those mid-level English clubs like West Ham, Stoke etc are now able to entice the sort of players who in the past probably would have gone to one of those Italian clubs.

I found this amazing.

The Italian clubs have really fallen off a cliff with respect to their finances over the past decade, it wasn't long ago that Inter & Milan were both in the top 10 level with the likes of Liverpool, Arsenal & Chelsea.

Easy to see how those mid-level English clubs like West Ham, Stoke etc are now able to entice the sort of players who in the past probably would have gone to one of those Italian clubs.
And this is even before west ham move to their new stadium and without European football. If they can achieve the latter & being a London club they really could be around the Schalke range ahead of both Milans and Roma

(Log in to remove this ad.)

italian stadiums have a big problem generating finances.

we're expected to be in the top 5 for next years list, so that's something. psg still so high due to their loan thingo or whatever ended up happening there, in reality there is so little money in france (as shown by all the other teams)

Our total revenue the season before the takeover was €104m. 7 years later we make €178m from broadcasting alone, and thats about to get a big increase with the new domestic and champions league TV deals.

Our total revenue the season before the takeover was €104m. 7 years later we make €178m from broadcasting alone, and thats about to get a big increase with the new domestic and champions league TV deals.

Arsenal have achieved the same without posting unsustainable losses.

Arsenal have achieved the same without posting unsustainable losses.

Arsenals revenue in 2007/08 was €264m, their broadcast income last season was €167.7m, so on that note you are once again incorrect.

But it's not a competition, more highlighting the huge changes in the game financially over the past decade.

As for our "unsustainable" losses, given that we never had any intention of sustaining them I'm not sure what the problem is. We are a profitable club, growing all the time. Happy days.

And this is even before west ham move to their new stadium and without European football. If they can achieve the latter & being a London club they really could be around the Schalke range ahead of both Milans and Roma

The only thing I'll add to that is that these figures are largely only relevant to your direct competitors within each league.

To a certain extent it doesn't matter if West Ham earn more than Inter, Roma or Schalke because odds are they'll never be in a position to compete against them. Their focus will be whether they can increase their revenue enough to match/surpass Everton, Newcastle & Tottenham, to increase their chances of finishing ahead of those clubs, European football, silverware etc, etc.

The same goes for us, we're the 9th wealthiest club in the world and on face value that sounds great, we can offer transfer fees and wages to match almost any club in the game, but for me the only relevant fact is that we remain the 5th highest earning club in a league that only has 4 European Cup places. Although it is promising to see we've closed the gap on Chelsea over the last 12 months.

The only thing I'll add to that is that these figures are largely only relevant to your direct competitors within each league.

To a certain extent it doesn't matter if West Ham earn more than Inter, Roma or Schalke because odds are they'll never be in a position to compete against them. Their focus will be whether they can increase their revenue enough to match/surpass Everton, Newcastle & Tottenham, to increase their chances of finishing ahead of those clubs, European football, silverware etc, etc.

The same goes for us, we're the 9th wealthiest club in the world and on face value that sounds great, we can offer transfer fees and wages to match almost any club in the game, but for me the only relevant fact is that we remain the 5th highest earning club in a league that only has 4 European Cup places. Although it is promising to see we've closed the gap on Chelsea over the last 12 months.
I get what you mean and somewhat agree. But think those sides around the 15-25 mark moving even higher up the list with tv money coming in will mean we will see more Payet and Shaqiri type signings at mid table clubs and with that a much stronger mid table. This Leicester shake up of the top 4 won't be a one off there'll be a few more in the next 5-10 years with these clubs being financial powerhouses

Arsenals revenue in 2007/08 was €264m, their broadcast income last season was €167.7m, so on that note you are once again incorrect.

But it's not a competition, more highlighting the huge changes in the game financially over the past decade.

As for our "unsustainable" losses, given that we never had any intention of sustaining them I'm not sure what the problem is. We are a profitable club, growing all the time. Happy days.

Arsenal have built their revenue up significantly from 2007/2008. Don't see them incurring huge losses to achieve that. As for significant losses 197 million pounds in one fiscal year would put any normal club out of business pretty quickly.

There are ways of building up a club without having a sugar daddy you know. And I believe that's how football clubs should operate ultimately.

Arsenal have built their revenue up significantly from 2007/2008. Don't see them incurring huge losses to achieve that. As for significant losses 197 million pounds in one fiscal year would put any normal club out of business pretty quickly.

There are ways of building up a club without having a sugar daddy you know. And I believe that's how football clubs should operate ultimately.

Good for you.

Our way is working pretty well for us, so everyone is happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back