Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

This bank had received bail-out funding from the EU though.

Meaning British tax payers including Spurs fans indirectly helped Real Madrid buy Bale!!

We keep hearing how RM is the richest side in the world, they are topped up by several banks, would love to see they get done.

We keep hearing how RM is the richest side in the world, they are topped up by several banks, would love to see they get done.
But aren't RM held back financially by their TV deals - they have to share it equally with the rest of La Liga? Bit unfair when you think probably 95% interest in that League comes from Barca/Madrid

I could have this completely wrong btw - but I understand that's the situation

But aren't RM held back financially by their TV deals - they have to share it equally with the rest of La Liga? Bit unfair when you think probably 95% interest in that League comes from Barca/Madrid

As far as I know the bulk of TV money goes to Madrid and Barcelona. There were moves to change that and equalise things but I'm not sure that ever came to fruition.

RM and Barca get the majority of all the cash from tv deals, I believe they are actually allowed to negotiate separately.

As it stands the Spanish FA are trying to change it so it because more like the EPL and that all clubs get a fair share. Too long those two sides have destroyed the other teams financially. Equalization in that league is going to happen and both RM and Barca will be hit very hard.

Yeah just looked it up you're both right.

Not sure why RM can't make more cash from their franchise then considering the size of the club.

bolton bought by 'sport shield group consortium' for 7.5 mil

if you can get a championship team for that price then i'd hate to see how high their debts are

Quite an interesting one this.

Bit of talk that a porky current premier league manager and his former assistant with a lovely singing voice has an interest in the consortium.

Dean Holdsworth is the frontman for the takeover it seems.

Quite an interesting one this.

Bit of talk that a porky current premier league manager and his former assistant with a lovely singing voice has an interest in the consortium.

Dean Holdsworth is the frontman for the takeover it seems.

The tan man may be waving to Bolton as his side goes up and trades places with them in the Championship.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So are Liverpool fans going to run in here and cry that their club is now being run by a sugar daddy? Since what Fenway Sports Group just did is exactly what Man City's and Chelsea's owners have been doing.....converting their personal loan debts into equity to balance the club books.

Filthy corporate Yankee dollars.

Those in glass houses......

Nice meltdown, not expected by someone like you.

The reality is £69m is peanuts compared to what has been spunked on the other two clubs you mention.

Chelsea FC owe nearly 1 billion pounds to Abramovic's holding company so your comparison is laughable.

So no, the are not doing exactly what City & Chelsea are doing at all.

I also notice you fail to mention we made a profit of £60m pounds in our 14/15 books. This despite the club running off its own revenue during the FSG years.

Nice meltdown, not expected by someone like you.

The reality is £69m is peanuts compared to what has been spunked on the other two clubs you mention.

Chelsea FC owe nearly 1 billion pounds to Abramovic's holding company so your comparison is laughable.

So no, the are not doing exactly what City & Chelsea are doing at all.

I also notice you fail to mention we made a profit of £60m pounds in our 14/15 books. This despite the club running off its own revenue during the FSG years.

How is making a comment a "meltdown"?

No, you can't have your cake and eat it too. £69m is still £69m. Using the exact same method to clear it as Man City and Chelsea do to clear their accounting ledgers is the same thing. So if Liverpool were to do it with £100m or £200m or £300m its ok because it's not as much as the other two clubs?

And i don't see the relevance in how much profit you made? FSG didn't use the profit to pay their debt so? It has no bearing on what they've done.

If you want to be vocal with criticizing two clubs for doing something then you can't turn a blind eye when your club does the same thing.

I don't like the methods Chelsea and Man City used to establishing themselves (more the sheer waste than the amount spent) but that's life. It's done.

How is making a comment a "meltdown"?

No, you can't have your cake and eat it too. £69m is still £69m. Using the exact same method to clear it as Man City and Chelsea do to clear their accounting ledgers is the same thing. So if Liverpool were to do it with £100m or £200m or £300m its ok because it's not as much as the other two clubs?

And i don't see the relevance in how much profit you made? FSG didn't use the profit to pay their debt so? It has no bearing on what they've done.

If you want to be vocal with criticizing two clubs for doing something then you can't turn a blind eye when your club does the same thing.

I don't like the methods Chelsea and Man City used to establishing themselves (more the sheer waste than the amount spent) but that's life. It's done.

Are you seriously comparing FSG converting £69m of debt into equity to the situations at Chelsea & Man City?

You do realise they bought the club for far below market value with the RBS forcing H&G to honour their selling agreement.

The only investment FSG have made from their own money is project Anfield (apart from the initial purchase). Currently the club is valued at 1 billion USD.

FSG have just profited £60m pounds from the club which you ignore and you're having a go because they've converted £69m into equity. They are out of pocket £9m pounds over the last year.

It's absolutely nothing like City/Chelsea at all.

Are you seriously comparing FSG converting £69m of debt into equity to the situations at Chelsea & Man City?

You do realise they bought the club for far below market value with the RBS forcing H&G to honour their selling agreement.

The only investment FSG have made from their own money is project Anfield (apart from the initial purchase). Currently the club is valued at 1 billion USD.

FSG have just profited £60m pounds from the club which you ignore and you're having a go because they've converted £69m into equity. They are out of pocket £9m pounds over the last year.

It's absolutely nothing like City/Chelsea at all.

Wtf does club value have to do with anything? Manchester United are valued at 3billion despite having a mountain of debt. Stop throwing random pointless things into the conversation. Are they going to sell the club tomorrow? No? So then who cares.

They haven't profited jack s**t from the club. You clearly have no idea how business finances work.

Liverpool made a PRE TAX PROFIT of £60m, (that means the tax man hasn't taken his chunk yet) mainly off the back of the Suarez sale. That money went straight back into buying players -

“This year the profit reported has significantly increased, which is mainly a result of the sale of Luis Suarez in July 2014 and that has already been reinvested into the playing squad.

Our real financial position is closer to break-even and it is the underlying revenue growth that’s important and provides us with the long-term stability.”

FSG converted that £69m in equity on top of the money they have invested into the stadium development (something like £50m for the research and planning and then whatever its going to cost to actually do the development). That's on top of the £300m+ they paid for the club That money is gone. It's a net loss for them until they decide to sell the club and recover their losses.

Liverpool also didn't play in the Champions league this year and won't play in it next year so are going to take a massive loss there. FSG are not making any profit on Liverpool apart from the paper value if they were planning to sell.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back