Football club finances / FFP

Remove this Banner Ad

That would be a gigantic load of horseshit if it happened
I don't know about that. The biggest and bestest clubs in Europe going at it every weekend... The only reason it would suck for me is because Lazio would not make the cut, and domestic leagues would be rendered basically 2nd division standard.

Nice meltdown, not expected by someone like you.

The reality is £69m is peanuts compared to what has been spunked on the other two clubs you mention.

Chelsea FC owe nearly 1 billion pounds to Abramovic's holding company so your comparison is laughable.

So no, the are not doing exactly what City & Chelsea are doing at all.

I also notice you fail to mention we made a profit of £60m pounds in our 14/15 books. This despite the club running off its own revenue during the FSG years.
Except for the £50m losses in three consecutive years.

The thing about converting debt to equity is that it's unquestionably a good thing for clubs and football. We should be encouraging more owners to do it.

But it's seen as wrong, which is wrong IMO.

Look on the bright side. We didn't need to spend 1 billion plus just to turn over a small profit.
If I looked on the bright side I'd be pleased that we could afford to invest in the club to help it grow.

As for this meeting, it has echos of the gang of 5 that led to the premier league being set up.

Sub Chelsea and City in for Spurs and Everton.

Horrible idea and I hope we're only there to see how the land lies. Let the others set up their comp, I don't want us to have any part of it.

And I'm no fan of the champions league so have no problem with UEFA being shafted.

Once project anfield is finished I can see FSG putting the club up for sale. There were even rumours recently of them selling.
Looking towards China according to reports I've seen.

Would never happen.

Way too difficult to get off the ground.

Not really. You only need the a big bunch to break and the rest will follow.

That being said I hope it doesn't happen. Think it would ultimately hurt football in countries like England.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If it gets off the ground, I desperately hope we're not invited.

Glad to see the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th and 11th placed clubs still think they're 'Europe's elite' :D.

As for this meeting, it has echos of the gang of 5 that led to the premier league being set up.

Sub Chelsea and City in for Spurs and Everton.

Horrible idea and I hope we're only there to see how the land lies. Let the others set up their comp, I don't want us to have any part of it.

And I'm no fan of the champions league so have no problem with UEFA being shafted.
IF.... IF it was go ahead, no way would Man City not be involved. The Shiek's would not let their multi-billion pound investment be decimated by essentially playing in a provincial league.

UEFA should definitely bring back the European Cup in its purest form but money talks. Currently the Champions League is like a hybrid of this proposal, which I agree is not that great.

If it gets off the ground, I desperately hope we're not invited.

Glad to see the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 8th and 11th placed clubs still think they're 'Europe's elite' :D.
Would have thought you Spurs fans would know by now that the league isnt decided in March.

I do think the Premier League at the least does needs a look at it. The amount of games put them at a big disadvantage in Europe compared to say Germany and the strength of the EPL also hurts, not like Spain and Germany where every second game is an easy one.

It seems a lot more seem to get injured too, not sure if there's stats on that or it's just in my head. If Spurs and Leicester do make CL you could put good money they won't back it up, just too hard on the two fronts for the non billion dollar clubs.

http://news.arseblog.com/2016/03/ar...eague/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=facebook

“We are strongly opposed to any breakaway,” an Arsenal official stated.

“Not Arsenal, nor any clubs at the meeting, are seeking changes to the Premier League and European landscape and no conversations surrounding displacing the Premier League or starting a European Super League took place.

“Discussions were primarily around the ICC and formats of European competitions that would compliment the existing Premier League.

you have to wonder sometimes why there are people who have a fair bit of cashola, purchase something kinda important and then * around with it and do nothing with it. then have to sell it off at most likely a loss and a tarnished reputation.

lot of idiots with deep pockets.

you have to wonder sometimes why there are people who have a fair bit of cashola, purchase something kinda important and then **** around with it and do nothing with it. then have to sell it off at most likely a loss and a tarnished reputation.

lot of idiots with deep pockets.

People often confuse extreme wealth with astute business acumen. The 2 are not necessarily mutually inclusive events. If you haven't already, read about the career of the current favourite for the US Republican Party presidential candidacy and you'll see what I mean.

In many cases the only factors that differentiate these super rich individuals from your average bankers or financial analysts were the wealth & opportunity they were born into, and/or large slices of good fortune.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back