Roast Lack of Content from Club over Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Simple take, too many newsworthy players out on revised plans, ie Treloar & Howe. The camps were well documented but nothing substantial in footy department. A few more weeks, NAB is upon us.

Geez you're hard too please, you roast the club about content and that very night some content comes out and your still not satisfied... Lighten up a little TD;)

Did you read my 1st post?

Maybe the Collingwood hierarchy should learn a bit from Swannie and Cloke about ways to make the off season more entertaining?
Thankfully you are not running our membership department.
To think that Collingwood fans only live in Melbourne and are all in the dole, allowing them to get to training sessions during business hours, is pretty poor.
I think Dave has a point. The club has made plenty of noise the last couple of years about becoming a world leader in the media department and the "experience" for the member no matter his/her location in the globe.
This time of year certainly is hard to create media, but as the players are pretty much 24/7 at the facilities, I cannot see why there is not at least a weekly video update.
I personally would like to see interviews and a step by step progress report of players recovering from surgery or long term injury.
How good would it be to follow Mcaffer from surgery to first game back in the seniors?
Yes, there will be setbacks, but there would also be baby steps that would eventually lead to recovery. Fascinating stuff.
Add to that training reports, time trial reports, everything but of course game plans and I reckon the club would be fulfilling its desire to lead the world.

Im comfortable for the club to be focusing on the football department during pre season

To think that Collingwood fans only live in Melbourne and are all in the dole, allowing them to get to training sessions during business hours, is pretty poor.
I think Dave has a point. The club has made plenty of noise the last couple of years about becoming a world leader in the media department and the "experience" for the member no matter his/her location in the globe.
This time of year certainly is hard to create media, but as the players are pretty much 24/7 at the facilities, I cannot see why there is not at least a weekly video update.
I personally would like to see interviews and a step by step progress report of players recovering from surgery or long term injury.
How good would it be to follow Mcaffer from surgery to first game back in the seniors?
Yes, there will be setbacks, but there would also be baby steps that would eventually lead to recovery. Fascinating stuff.
Add to that training reports, time trial reports, everything but of course game plans and I reckon the club would be fulfilling its desire to lead the world.

I am with Pepperface on this one. As they say "less is more" and I am glad the Club goes down this track and concentrates on the football department as opposed to all the other peripheral stuff.

How about as a Club we let the footy do the talking?

Or they can put Highlights up from there no Intra-Club Games they are Having now

Dave. Haven't we all had those discussions before about the time and love of the club you have and put them to good use and DO IT YOURSELF. instead of the latest video game or dvd save up and buy a decent DSLR and take pics, email them to the club and/or post them here and nicks.
Teach yourself all about photography....plenty of free guides on amazon now.

Edit..who was the guy who used to post the link to his photos here ?

I am with Pepperface on this one. As they say "less is more" and I am glad the Club goes down this track and concentrates on the football department as opposed to all the other peripheral stuff.

How about as a Club we let the footy do the talking?

So the Web-Site and Club should be Shut Down until the 1st Intra-Club Match?

Media Department must have a Pretty Easy Job at the Moment

Dave. Haven't we all had those discussions before about the time and love of the club you have and put them to good use and DO IT YOURSELF. instead of the latest video game or dvd save up and buy a decent DSLR and take pics, email them to the club and/or post them here and nicks.
Teach yourself all about photography....plenty of free guides on amazon now.

Edit..who was the guy who used to post the link to his photos here ?

I don't think the Club would like me have a Video Camera video Taping Training without Premission.

Forgot his Name but yeah the Guy who did tons of Photo's has been MIA this Pre-Season

The club seems to have shifted their focus from putting out short two minute videos, to making longer quality documentaries. Whether that's a good decision depends on how much you enjoy those two minute interviews.

Absolutely everything that happens at training gets recorded. I'm not sure how many cameras they use to record training but its quite a few I'm guessing. A lot of effort would go into chopping up the vision into something the coaches can use.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club seems to have shifted their focus from putting out short two minute videos, to making longer quality documentaries. Whether that's a good decision depends on how much you enjoy those two minute interviews.

Absolutely everything that happens at training gets recorded. I'm not sure how many cameras they use to record training but its quite a few I'm guessing. A lot of effort would go into chopping up the vision into something the coaches can use.

They Record the Training Sessions but we will never see any footage from them.

True that we done a few Really Good Doco's with the new Media Stuff but still should not stop them doing some more Video's and Stuff as well

This is just about the most ridiculous thread on Bigfooty.

Think it's time we keep the random thoughts to one thread again.

Then why does it have 3 Pages of talk on it?

This more then just a Random Thought.

A Random Thought would be more saying something about a Published Video on CTV

Then why does it have 3 Pages of talk on it?

This more then just a Random Thought.

A Random Thought would be more saying something about a Published Video on CTV
It's three pages of people disagreeing with you and you just repeating your initial premise ad nauseum.

It's s**t that we don't particularly need cluttering the board.

It's three pages of people disagreeing with you and you just repeating your initial premise ad nauseum.

It's s**t that we don't particularly need cluttering the board.

Well then we would not have many Threads on this Board then.

Magpie Girl Vicky Park NT.Thunder Gone Critical

MIGHT AS WELL MOVE THIS THREAD BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS CALLED ME A MORON:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

MIGHT AS WELL MOVE THIS THREAD BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS CALLED ME A MORON:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Chill out Dave - it's all good and no one is resorting to personal insults.

We'll let it run for now as the board will dictate whether it's topical and if not will drop off the front page.

no ones called you a moron, the suggestion was made that perhaps this wasn't thread worthy and you've blown your top.

I'm done with this, but Jesus Christ, you can't chuck the sads like that every time someone has a difference of opinion.

FWIW, my original reason for reading the thread was to suggest that the club possibly doesn't do enough for its aWest Australian members, but in terms of the saturation of media something pops up on my Facebook feed every day. I'd say that's more than enough presence in an off season.

take-a-deep-breath-sherlock-calm-down.gif

You are right. I'd probably put that video of lecafe alongside the one I have of concrete setting. People are different: this maybe the last post I make before lightning strikes but I never visit the pies website. What exactly the balance is in catering for the obsessed fan vs apathetic ones like myself I've got no idea. It all costs money though, takes time and further intrudes into the players world. Maybe it is not such a bad thing to let things go silent for a while. Over exposure is real.

Without you Dave this board would be half the place it is. You make up for any lack in the pies media department, far more entertaining than a blow by blow description of Treloar cutting his toenails.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back