Roast Lack of Content from Club over Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Being Tasmanian according to your avatar, I'm starting with error Flynn, I will have to consider the lady
The Tasmanian connection is a bit of a throw I'm afraid - whilst I've lived here for twenty five years I actually grew up in East St.Kilda and went to C.B.C St.Kilda. The people in that photo are my maternal grandparents and I thought it was an appropriate way to honour their memory and service to the club.

The Tasmanian connection is a bit of a throw I'm afraid - whilst I've lived here for twenty five years I actually grew up in East St.Kilda and went to C.B.C St.Kilda. The people in that photo are my maternal grandparents and I thought it was an appropriate way to honour their memory and service to the club.
Let me say, it makes your avatar even more special.
I'm going through the possibilities.
Great way to remember people special to you, and how it connects to Collingwood us a bonus I guess.

He may have been on the board in 1976 - he also holds an interesting distinction when it comes to coaches of Collingwood.

Is it a young Ern Clarke?

First President to hire a coach outside the club?

Ern Clarke certain had a mo, but again your picture looks pre mid 70s and Ern v the Weed is stuff of legend.
Ren was youngish I think mid 70s so I rule him out.
Never heard he flew planes, so he's out.

The only coach who didn't seem to coach was Bervin Woods. Our long term seconds coach.
Appointed at Jock McHales retirement then 5 days Phone Kyne became the coach.
But can't recall any time he wore a moustache, plus don't think he was ever a board man.

Ps being a Manchester United supporter as per your avatar earns you extra bonus points.
I liked the Red Devils even pre Ferguson days, when they were on 7 championships.
They were the Collingwood of English football. Loved the stories of busbys babes.

Thank you for sharing that piece of history - the photo of John and Nancy was taken in the 1940's - in those days the photos were taken in black and white and then painted. The late seventies and early eighties was an amazing time to be part of that family with all that was happening at Collingwood. If my memory serves me correctly many of the boys who played in those finals also played in the U/19 1974 grand final - as a side note my mother, sister and I went to that game and then left - no point hanging round if Collingwood wasn't playing!! My grandfather certainly had some wonderful stories to share. Great memories even without a flag. We did play in five grand finals in five years and came third in 1978 so we did get to see a bit of the MCG over those years. My favourite memories will always be of Victoria Park though - it really was our club's spiritual home.

I suspect we might see more from the Club Starting Next Week as the Intra Club is next Thursday and we then play the Following Friday

Thank you for sharing that piece of history - the photo of John and Nancy was taken in the 1940's - in those days the photos were taken in black and white and then painted. The late seventies and early eighties was an amazing time to be part of that family with all that was happening at Collingwood. If my memory serves me correctly many of the boys who played in those finals also played in the U/19 1974 grand final - as a side note my mother, sister and I went to that game and then left - no point hanging round if Collingwood wasn't playing!! My grandfather certainly had some wonderful stories to share. Great memories even without a flag. We did play in five grand finals in five years and came third in 1978 so we did get to see a bit of the MCG over those years. My favourite memories will always be of Victoria Park though - it really was our club's spiritual home.
Love it fantastic.
Great family the Collingwood family

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If they say nothing then there is nothing for "bored"minds to totally misconstrue, invent "between the lines" scenario and or simply have spack attacks over......
Happy as hell we have had a very quiet off season.

If they say nothing then there is nothing for "bored"minds to totally misconstrue, invent "between the lines" scenario and or simply have spack attacks over......
Happy as hell we have had a very quiet off season.
Lol, true.

My only thing, and it's slight, the team section still says 2015, it just looks odd and a tad amateurish, as it's only February

Just want to say well done to the CFC media team with the intra club live stream AND replay.

lukem You guys have copped some criticism in this thread so you also should get the praise for a job well done. So great job on hopefully it becomes a yearly thing.

Agree - Having Full stream/Replay of Intra-club was Fantastic

Hi lukem, is there any particular reason that not all CollingwoodTV videos from the collingwoodfc.com.au website are mirrored on Youtube? For instance the highlights from the intraclub match are on Youtube but not the full period replays?

Thanks,

Just want to say well done to the CFC media team with the intra club live stream AND replay.

lukem You guys have copped some criticism in this thread so you also should get the praise for a job well done. So great job on hopefully it becomes a yearly thing.

Thanks Loki, appreciate the message. The team was pumped with how the stream worked so hopefully it's not the last we see of the dream to stream.

Hi theaussietilt, I'm not entirely sure why. I'll investigate for you and upload all three periods if possible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back