Roast Lack of Content from Club over Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Without you Dave this board would be half the place it is. You make up for any lack in the pies media department, far more entertaining than a blow by blow description of Treloar cutting his toenails.
I like your sentiment.
Dave, to me, adds so much flavour to these boards.
It's all good folks....

The Pies are coming, error wait didn't another club try that?
Ok I will try another idea.
See what the club is cooking? Errr, nope that won't work

Hi Dave/ everyone (thanks for tagging me in, Rusty22). Completely understand where you're coming from. There's been plenty of time spent planning and banking footage in recent weeks to be used as the year goes by. Stay tuned for the influx of content in the days/ weeks to come.

MagpieBat - our team/ player photos were taken last Wednesday. These will update when they're made available by the AFL (their media/ photography team runs the photo days).

Thanks for the heads up on all of the above, everyone. Consider it noted. Always feel free to send through any further ideas or suggestions on what you'd like to see or read #gopies

Hi Dave/ everyone (thanks for tagging me in, Rusty22). Completely understand where you're coming from. There's been plenty of time spent planning and banking footage in recent weeks to be used as the year goes by. Stay tuned for the influx of content in the days/ weeks to come.

MagpieBat - our team/ player photos were taken last Wednesday. These will update when they're made available by the AFL (their media/ photography team runs the photo days).

Thanks for the heads up on all of the above, everyone. Consider it noted. Always feel free to send through any further ideas or suggestions on what you'd like to see or read #gopies

Thanks Luke! :thumbsu:

Luke.

Are there any restrictions on the public taking photos / videos and sharing them online ?

I am with Pepperface on this one. As they say "less is more" and I am glad the Club goes down this track and concentrates on the football department as opposed to all the other peripheral stuff.

How about as a Club we let the footy do the talking?

Footy department has sweet fa to do with it barring perhaps a small interview which hardly interferes with the day to day grind.

They have a media department for a reason, if they are on holidays so be it but surely they would stagger holdays so someone is available to up load articles or phootage etc.

I'm with Dave on this one. Go TradeDraft !

With the rise of social media putting your brand out there has never been easier. If the club has a full time media department they should be offering more than they currently are online. Especially as there are many members and fans not able to attend training or even located in Melbourne.

We have many new players each and every year and the preseason is a perfect opportunity to "get to know" these new guys instead of running articles about our established stars.

If that "new" content isn't ringing your bell then progress on any carry over injuries (Treloar - post season surgery) or returns from season ending injury (Broomhead or Ramsay) would be great to know.

A short 5 - 10 minute video once a week showing snippets from training and multiple photos would be brilliant. The sessions are all taped anyway for club review so why not piece together a highlights package?

Footy department has sweet fa to do with it barring perhaps a small interview which hardly interferes with the day to day grind.

They have a media department for a reason, if they are on holidays so be it but surely they would stagger holdays so someone is available to up load articles or phootage etc.

The point I was trying to make loki04 is that some of us (me) don't need to have Collingwood shoved down our throat on a daily basis.
IMO we hear about Collingwood too much. Two recent examples are Eddies grand fixture plan (yes he is the Head of Collingwood) and two brainless Collingwood footballers appearing in Womans Day. Now I know these two example have nothing to do with our media department but they are still Collingwood stories.

I also appreciate that people like Dave and you want to know how our players are going at the moment but I am more than happy to wait for the ball to bounce.

Like is said "less is more" sometimes.

Dave is roasting and I would like to TOAST the Club in particular the membership department.

After numerous emails :mad:, nagging :oops:, and blackmailing :cool: The Club has seen it in "their" wisdom to allow my two boys aged 6 & 7 to sit with me on the second level at the G in 2016 and beyond :D.

They also reversed their decision to allow my niece and friends young son to sit with the rest of us also :thumbsu:

Kudos to the Club.....we got there in the end :rainbow:
And why didn't we hear about this from the media department, we need to know all this, as soon as it happens

Well then we would not have many Threads on this Board then.

Magpie Girl Vicky Park NT.Thunder Gone Critical

MIGHT AS WELL MOVE THIS THREAD BECAUSE EVERYONE HAS CALLED ME A MORON:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Don't take it so personal if people don't appreciate every thread you come up with, not all of us like to know every possible detail like you trade draft.
Just like every thread that is started, some get a lot of attention and discussion and others people aren't interested in.
If people like every thread that gets posted then it will be a boring board.
We all love and appreciate the great work you do, you just have to accept that we will not all agree with you all the time.
Be able to appreciate that if you have a 50% strike rate, its acceptable, and don't take it too heart with with the other 50%

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thanks lukem for the Explanation. So you building up a Library of Stuff.

So I guess we start to get more Content from when we have our Intra-Club Game?

But why not much up to then? Why Stock Up instead of Sharing when got Material?

WTF did I just watch?

Why that's none other than the illustrious TradeDraft of course. Letting us know that the Collingwood media department have must have lost their minds because they've not uploaded enough content during the off season.

Silly.

Last edited:
I'm with Dave on this one. Go TradeDraft !

With the rise of social media putting your brand out there has never been easier. If the club has a full time media department they should be offering more than they currently are online. Especially as there are many members and fans not able to attend training or even located in Melbourne.

We have many new players each and every year and the preseason is a perfect opportunity to "get to know" these new guys instead of running articles about our established stars.

If that "new" content isn't ringing your bell then progress on any carry over injuries (Treloar - post season surgery) or returns from season ending injury (Broomhead or Ramsay) would be great to know.

A short 5 - 10 minute video once a week showing snippets from training and multiple photos would be brilliant. The sessions are all taped anyway for club review so why not piece together a highlights package?

GWS do a Weekly show something like that

Its called having enough of the right content.

I couldn't give a s**t what they had for brekky or how well the can jump of enflatable water equipment....

That is what needs trimming but i would like to see a few more traing articles or footage etc to see who tracking well etcetc.

Also you don't need to read the articles or watch the content that you are so happy to not see a lot of...let those who do enjoy it... etc.

"Fat ladies in bikini's" beach ? Just north of "Nudist" Beach.
Its just lucky i was able to take a shot without any fat blokes in speedos! What is with Russian men thinking this is acceptable behaviour? And im not just talking about down at the beach they are walking down the streets like this too. Same thing when i was in Goa.

Any chance you could list Daves mug on the Collingwood website as part of the player/team photos

But there is no footy!
That's the issue isn't I Think?

This sentence just reminded me of Step Brothers when Nancy wakes Dale and Brennan up, and Brennan says "I'll kill you Leonard Nimoy", then Dale says "the clown has no penis."

Maybe I need my own random thoughts thread :cool::thumbsu:

Why that's none other than the illustrious TradeDraft of course. Letting us know that the Collingwood media department have must have lost their minds because they've not uploaded enough content during the off season.

Silly.

I know it's Dave, but WTF?

Btw lukem any chance you could drop a hint to the club to do an app for android tv?

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back